2015 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Bay Hill [SPOILERS]

so I was out there today with my wife and a couple friends. we watched several groups, then followed stenson and hoffman for 7 holes before heading to the merchandise tent. on THE FIRST HOLE I turned to my wife and friends and commented on how slowly stenson was playing around the greens. the second hole par 3 when he missed it long it got even worse. and he was crazy slow all day. at the merch tent I stayed behind at 10 tee to watch groups tee off while everybody else shopped. I watched a few groups, and then the penultimate group teed off, and stenson and hoffman were set to arrive next. I'm not exaggerating, the wait could not have been less than 10-15 minutes until they arrived. it was noticeably long.

bottom line, it really sounds like the officials got it right this time. would they have done it to tiger or rory? who knows. but stenson's pace was an issue from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idropped for 55th to 73rd this week, so I must have sucked eggs this week in Fantasy Golf.

so I was out there today with my wife and a couple friends. we watched several groups, then followed stenson and hoffman for 7 holes before heading to the merchandise tent. on THE FIRST HOLE I turned to my wife and friends and commented on how slowly stenson was playing around the greens. the second hole par 3 when he missed it long it got even worse. and he was crazy slow all day. at the merch tent I stayed behind at 10 tee to watch groups tee off while everybody else shopped. I watched a few groups, and then the penultimate group teed off, and stenson and hoffman were set to arrive next. I'm not exaggerating, the wait could not have been less than 10-15 minutes until they arrived. it was noticeably long.

bottom line, it really sounds like the officials got it right this time. would they have done it to tiger or rory? who knows. but stenson's pace was an issue from the get go.

I was out there today with my daughter. We started following Stenson and Hoffman on 5 - and at that point they were already noticeably out of position. I was surprised to read that Hoffman got the bad times because it sure seemed like Stenson was the slower player. Didn't really notice anything with Hoffman.

Ok. Buds sitting here were asking bc his club touched the ball. I said no penalty

On the tee you could take a practice swing, accidentally clip your ball and hit it 100 yards right out of bounds or into a lake and there would still be no penalty as the ball is not yet in play. In order to be in play, one must make a stroke from the teeing ground.

Definition of stroke:

A “stroke[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]’’ is the forward movement of the club made with the intention of striking at and moving the ball
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Without intent to hit the ball, there is no stroke.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your friends should keep in mind however the teeing ground is the only place where this is true. Once in play, if you accidentally move your ball in almost any situation, it's a 1-stroke penalty and the ball must be replaced.[/FONT]

Man, THP Fantasy Golf is heating up. Some good picks this week everybody.

Some words from ESPN anchorman: SportsCenter" anchor Jonathan Coachman: I think it is in poor form that the PGA Tour would put anyone on the clock with four holes to go. It's kind of like an official in the final minute of a big game: Swallow your whistle. You should understand the situation and where you are in the tournament. A player teeing off at 9 a.m. on a Sunday should not be treated the same as a player in the final group with a chance to win a million bucks. I absolutely think it could have changed Stenson's flow, probably more mentally than it did physically.

A couple folks on the Golf Channel agreed with Stenson, claiming they weren't being put on the clock because of him, but he got rushed anyway.

A couple folks on the Golf Channel agreed with Stenson, claiming they weren't being put on the clock because of him, but he got rushed anyway.
People who were at the tournament said Stenson was VERY slow.

No matter what excuses he wants to make, if you can't play in 4 hours as a twosome you are doing something very wrong, pick it up princess.

Back