I200 or Apex CF16's?

Ottawaclo

#THPFunkoFam
Reaction score
Handicap
Titos
Thinking of listing my Apex Cf16's. Half a season on them...small bag chatter, otherwise great condition. 4-AW KBS Ctaper Lite 110g stiff shafts.....worth trading in towards the I200's?

love to get some feedback from some real golfers lol.

Im just a weekend warrior, but I have to say he CF16s have been beasts for me. They won't be leaving the bag anytime soon.

Im just a weekend warrior, but I have to say he CF16s have been beasts for me. They won't be leaving the bag anytime soon.

Im debating on getting them adjusted or jumping to pings.....HATE new club season lol

Thinking of listing my Apex Cf16's. Half a season on them...small bag chatter, otherwise great condition. 4-AW KBS Ctaper Lite 110g stiff shafts.....worth trading in towards the I200's?

love to get some feedback from some real golfers lol.
The cf16's are what I'm going to go towards if I switch. I love Ping, but those cf's are incredible. Let me know if you do list them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Im debating on getting them adjusted or jumping to pings.....HATE new club season lol

I went from pings (granted pretty old) to the CF16s. What are you looking at adjusting?

I went from pings (granted pretty old) to the CF16s. What are you looking at adjusting?

Had my first fitting and my irons are needing to be 3* upright. Either i adjust current or start with brand new clubs fitted properly.

I200 or Apex CF16's?

Had my first fitting and my irons are needing to be 3* upright. Either i adjust current or start with brand new clubs fitted properly.

Gotcha. Others will be able to advise better than I, but not sure how much can be added by bending up before you mess with the integrity of the club. Nothing wrong with buying new CF16s though!

Gotcha. Others will be able to advise better than I, but not sure how much can be added by bending up before you mess with the integrity of the club. Nothing wrong with buying new CF16s though!

Thats what im worried about....messing up current clubs

I200 or Apex CF16's?

They can be bent without too much issue. Both are going to be solid clubs, the CF16s are going to be more forgiving by design, especially low on the face.

I am with you....Just waiting to demo the I200 to pick out what shaft I want...

Will be listing my CF16's soon..6 thru AW with stiff Recoil shaft...

I lost yardage with the i200, about 12 yards on the 7 iron. I did however get a much shorter stopping distance due to increased spin. Feel was soft with i200 but personally I won't spend the money because I don't see it as a real upgrade, more of a lateral move in my opinion.

I lost yardage with the i200, about 12 yards on the 7 iron. I did however get a much shorter stopping distance due to increased spin. Feel was soft with i200 but personally I won't spend the money because I don't see it as a real upgrade, more of a lateral move in my opinion.

Yes...you will lose yardage...Be difference in the strong lofts on the CF16 and the I200's...Apex 7 iron is 31 deg...I200 is 33....
If you want to tighten the yardage you can order the I200's in power loft configuration...I200 power loft is 31.5 degrees...

Yes...you will lose yardage...Be difference in the strong lofts on the CF16 and the I200's...Apex 7 iron is 31 deg...I200 is 33....
If you want to tighten the yardage you can order the I200's in power loft configuration...I200 power loft is 31.5 degrees...

For the sake of the discussion, I think its important to remember there is a LOT more to it than just the loft. Launch angles of the clubs dictate the lofts they are designed to, not the other way around.

Not arguing, just putting the information out there.

I agree with this post!

I'd say try them out against each other and see which ones you like better. If you like the i200's better, and can afford to trade in and get them, I'd say do it.

I don't know what shafts you play but, Callaway pre-owned has the CF-16's 3-PW or 4-PW,AW Steel S300 (Stiff) True Temper XP 95 Steel 3 Up (Blue) Standard for $999

For the sake of the discussion, I think its important to remember there is a LOT more to it than just the loft. Launch angles of the clubs dictate the lofts they are designed to, not the other way around.

Not arguing, just putting the information out there.

I take it your referring to the shaft....

I understand the loft difference, spin, loft and how it works. I guess the biggest thing that would keep me from making the switch is pretty simple. I don't know that the I200 gives me and advantage over the Apex I am playing. The amount of money to trade is very large for no true gains. For myself, I need to play what I am comfortable with. I really like Ping and the I200 would not be an odd ball in my Ping Hoofer 14. Hmmmmmmm. something to think about... its a fluid situation that I wouldn't be mad over the loss of a few yards.

I take it your referring to the shaft....

No sir. The easiest way to view it is to look at it like this. If I hand you two different drivers, both 10 degrees, they will not launch the ball the exact same way. One could fly significantly higher than the other at impact. Irons are no different. Loft is adjusted by some to counteract it. Just as many modern day irons feature much lower spin than other models due to thinner faces. To counteract this, they add much more weight, low and back (see hybrids as an easy example) and are able to reduce the loft to create more distance without any sacrifice to ball flight.

My CF16's have KBS CTaper Lite 110g stiff shafts...right now when I miss I push the shots right...not even a fade...just a straight push. When i was fitted i was told I needed a 3* upright adjustment.

I am leaning hard to just getting a brand new set that has been fitted properly instead of adjusting my current set of Apex's.

The information and feedback so far in this thread has been amazingly helpful and I cannot say how much I appreciate it so far.

Thank you.

My CF16's have KBS CTaper Lite 110g stiff shafts...right now when I miss I push the shots right...not even a fade...just a straight push. When i was fitted i was told I needed a 3* upright adjustment.

I am leaning hard to just getting a brand new set that has been fitted properly instead of adjusting my current set of Apex's.

The information and feedback so far in this thread has been amazingly helpful and I cannot say how much I appreciate it so far.

Thank you.

Part of that is because the Apex are going to be lower spin than that of the i200.

I say swing both side by side and make up your mind based on the results. I personally don't see my CF-16's going anywhere for a long time unless some crazy new technology comes out that is a game changer. Shafts are a major difference maker as well if you think you're not getting as much out of the CF-16's performance as you think you should. I was lucky to get fit by a Callaway fitter at a demo day and the Apex paired with the PXi's were pretty eye opening. My dispersion, distance, ball flight was just awesome.

Thank you.

When you say properly fitted, were your CF's not fitted right or do you feel that even with the fitting they're not performing?

When you say properly fitted, were your CF's not fitted right or do you feel that even with the fitting they're not performing?

I have bought all my clubs blind over the years and just got serious about golf recently to the point that I had my first fitting here this week....so I was shocked to hear that I needed the 3* adjustment and I am excited to see if it will help my game

Back