Farmers Insurance Open (Spoilers)

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
The tour makes their stop at Torrey Pines this week and to go with it we have the return of Tiger for his first official tour event in 19 months. 7 of the top 25 golfers are also in the field.

last year saw the crazy weather and Snedeker play some good golf to close out the win. With Tiger make his return there should plenty of eyes on him to see how he does. If he can cleanup the mistakes he made at the Hero where he was at the top,of birdies made for the week it should be a positive return.

One of my favorite tournaments all year and TIGER's back BABY!

Going to be volunteering there all 4 days; I get to be inside the ropes, can't wait!

This is always one of my favorite events to watch. Doesn't hurt that TW is back in the saddle for it too! I hope he makes the cut and puts together a decent showing. I imagine Mickelson will have a solid week after a pretty decent start to his season last week.

Torrey Pines is usually a bombers track, and I think that's going to be even more of a trend this year with all of the rain that Southern California has received over the past week. The weather looks to be better for the weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if the course still plays soft and really long due to the rain.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Tiger. I just hope we don't have a "glutes not activated" situation again this year.

Looking forward to this one!

Torrey usually puts me to sleep

A great tournament and with Tiger back it will be must see tv

Going to be volunteering there all 4 days; I get to be inside the ropes, can't wait!

What position did you go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What position did you go for?

Tried for standard bearer but got put on the 'mobile device task force'. Basically I get to follow one of the groups with bigger crowds and tell people not to take pictures when they shouldn't.

Love Torrey and the tournament is one of my favorites of the year.

Looking back at past results, this looks to be one of the tougher tracks on the tour. Would that be accurate?

Torrey Pines just doesn't seem to get me fired up like it used to for whatever reason.
That said in a lot of ways this Tournament usually feels like the beginning of golf season for me. The big names dust off the clubs and come on out.

Looking back at past results, this looks to be one of the tougher tracks on the tour. Would that be accurate?
Come Sunday, the South Course is tougher than home made soap. Pretty stout thru the other 3 rounds. They play the North Course Thursday & Friday and it's shorter and that side is where you want to go deep on your Thursday or Friday playing it. The cut field gets to have at the South Course for the weekend.

Torrey Pines just doesn't seem to get me fired up like it used to for whatever reason.
That said in a lot of ways this Tournament usually feels like the beginning of golf season for me. The big names dust off the clubs and come on out.

agreed about Torrey….except TPC Scottsdale & Riviera feel like the beginning to me.

Come Sunday, the South Course is tougher than home made soap. Pretty stout thru the other 3 rounds. They play the North Course Thursday & Friday and it's shorter and that side is where you want to go deep on your Thursday or Friday playing it. The cut field gets to have at the South Course for the weekend.

Wow, I didn't know that. Are there other big tournaments that play two different courses like that?

Really interested to see if he has continued to improve his short game!! Sure hope so!!

Always happy to see the PGA return to Torrey Pines and even more interested to see how Tiger does this weekend.

That being said the North Course just completed a major redesign and the course has been lengthened, the greens replaced with bent grass and the bunkers moved to be more in play. It will still play easier but the North Course has been changed significantly since we last saw it.

Just saw on twitter Tiger is playing with DJ and Jason Day on thursday, sounds like fun!

Hopefully Tiger has a good showing.

Just saw on twitter Tiger is playing with DJ and Jason Day on thursday, sounds like fun!

Yeah that's going to be a fun group to follow. I hope Tiger doesn't push too hard when he's getting out driven by 30+ yards though :bulgy-eyes:

Back