The 2014-15 College Basketball Season

Had to watch both games from the hospital couch as Michelle's mom goes in for hear surgery tomorrow. Good thing she her team was out a while back, that MSU/Louisville game wasn't good for someone with a bad heart.

As for the Duke game, I'll just quote the venerable Patrick Stevens as it summed it up perfectly, "Justice Winslow, doing Justice Winslow things".

Man how could you not want that guy on your team.

Tom Izzo could pick five random strangers off the street and still make the Final Four.

Tom Izzo could pick five random strangers off the street and still make the Final Four.

I don't think you could bet against a Tom Izzo coached team in the torunament. He has shown that come tournament time his teams show up.

So curious if any St. John's fans are out there.

What do you think of the Chris Mullin hire?

He's never coached a game on ANY level. That's just crazy. It will be interesting for sure to see how it plays out.

Went for a walk at lunch time and things are picking up around downtown. There are what I believe to be media trucks everywhere.

6ef4b832eb820b04a415bb466aedebff.jpg

Went for a walk at lunch time and things are picking up around downtown. There are what I believe to be media trucks everywhere.

Where's the Duke/MSU banner?

Very cool. It's gotta be an exciting time in town. As long as they play the Final Four in football stadiums (which I hate) our area will never get one, which is too bad.

Just found that there are open practices on Friday for fans to attend.

Duke is at 1:00, with Wisconsin and Kentucky to follow. Pretty sure I will be there for the Duke practice but not sure if I will stay for the others.

If anyone is looking for something to watch, the McDonald's All American Scrimmage is on ESPNU right now. Pretty good look at the future stars of college basketball

Very cool. It's gotta be an exciting time in town. As long as they play the Final Four in football stadiums (which I hate) our area will never get one, which is too bad.

When Dan Snyder knocks down RFK and builds his dome you'll get a final four :alien:

When Dan Snyder knocks down RFK and builds his dome you'll get a final four :alien:

Yeah I know theres talk. But I file that in, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see him putting up his own money like Abe Pollin did and last I heard the district is still well in the hole for Nationals Stadium.

But this is a discussion probably best had in the DC thread.

A lot of angst in our house with a kid at Duke and I have watched Kentucky play ball for over Fifty years.
I hope the Cats get the perfect season.My daughter says the kids on the team at Duke are great guys.
She is an athlete but says the basketball team get treated "differently".

She is an athlete but says the basketball team get treated "differently".

Hush your mouth

The censor on here is funny. I had to edit hush in place of shut, unless I mistyped. Ha

Miami vs Temple tonight in NYC for a spot in the NIT finals.

Yeah I know theres talk. But I file that in, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see him putting up his own money like Abe Pollin did and last I heard the district is still well in the hole for Nationals Stadium.

But this is a discussion probably best had in the DC thread.

Just messing with ya. It's too bad there isn't a venue for it in the area currently; the DC-Balt-Philly corridor is a hoops stronghold and would pack a Final Four.

I'm looking forward to Saturday's games. As weird as it sounds, I think I'm rooting for Kentucky just to see an undefeated team

Just messing with ya. It's too bad there isn't a venue for it in the area currently; the DC-Balt-Philly corridor is a hoops stronghold and would pack a Final Four.

I'm looking forward to Saturday's games. As weird as it sounds, I think I'm rooting for Kentucky just to see an undefeated team

Yeah. This area is a great college basketball area in my opinion. Three teams that have been to the Final Four in the past 13 years and two National Championships.

At least the ACC tourney is here next year and the B1G and A10 the two years after that.

Miami vs Temple tonight in NYC for a spot in the NIT finals.
Woo hoo!! NIT finals hehe.

Hope Miami can build on this for next season. Looks like they're only losing 1 player on the roster.

Woo hoo!! NIT finals hehe.

Hope Miami can build on this for next season. Looks like they're only losing 1 player on the roster.
They need a triage nurse. Jakiri with a concussion, Angel out, and like 2 or 3 others injured. Guess Uceda starts at Center.

I walked outside for lunch and this is across the street from my office.I think I know where Duke is staying..

d555f67c201eb1b944ad812760870214.jpg

Reports in Twitter saying that Texas is close to naming Shaka Smart at their next head coach. While I don't want to see Smart leave VCU there is a part of me that is curious to see what he can do in what is considered to be a power conference.

Reports in Twitter saying that Texas is close to naming Shaka Smart at their next head coach. While I don't want to see Smart leave VCU there is a part of me that is curious to see what he can do in what is considered to be a power conference.

I'm not going to dismiss it as I certainly have no idea.

But I think he was "going to be named" coach about three times last year alone during this time of year

Like you I'd like to see what he could do, especially with the type of talent he could attract at Texas.

But I really hope he stays. There's something very appealing about a great coach staying where it began and building something legendary.

I think he was the best name on the board for Texas to get right now. Don't know much about his X's and O's but I know kids play their heart out for him win or lose and that is something that has been missing at the 40 for many many year (insert country club atmosphere here). Way too many top talented kids going to A&M, Baylor and now SMU over the last 5 years because Barnes didn't have that "it" factor. This would be a great hire if it comes true.

I'm not going to dismiss it as I certainly have no idea.

But I think he was "going to be named" coach about three times last year alone during this time of year

Like you I'd like to see what he could do, especially with the type of talent he could attract at Texas.

But I really hope he stays. There's something very appealing about a great coach staying where it began and building something legendary.

Word is the AD Patterson is flying to Richmond this morning and appears Smart is flying back with him to tour the campus and town. If Smart gets on that plane it's a done deal I think. The waiting game begins........START THE CLOCK!!

I think he was the best name on the board for Texas to get right now. Don't know much about his X's and O's but I know kids play their heart out for him win or lose and that is something that has been missing at the 40 for many many year (insert country club atmosphere here). Way too many top talented kids going to A&M, Baylor and now SMU over the last 5 years because Barnes didn't have that "it" factor. This would be a great hire if it comes true.

Word is the AD Patterson is flying to Richmond this morning and appears Smart is flying back with him to tour the campus and town. If Smart gets on that plane it's a done deal I think. The waiting game begins........START THE CLOCK!!

I know the VCU fans/Students are planning a rally of love/support to show Shaka today.

But I don't know if it can top $ followed by a lot of zeros and a private plane ride. :(

Back