You can change one thing

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Many of us have multiple weaknesses in our games and even sometimes they may change from round to round. For this upcoming season you get to automatically have one aspect of your game corrected for you every time you go out. We all want to get to the next level, whether it's a high cap trying to get into the 20s, a high teens/mid 20s cap trying to get to low teens, a mid cap trying to get to singles or a single trying to,go even lower.

What one thing are you fixing?

I'm torn between getting my tee game back to where it was middle of last year or improving short game. Part if my issues is getting out if my own way. I'm choosing improving focus.

Short game, zero question about it. My short game was awful last year....if I have the tee game and iron game I had last year with some even good short game I'd be 2 to 3 strokes a round better easily.

I would fix my impact position. I feel like once that's figured out the game will become simpler (probably a very naive thought)

Short game without a doubt...I'm terrible 100yds and in and I know I'd improve my game leaps and bounds if I fixed my inability to judge distances with my wedges. It's a point that I've told myself I will work on this year more so than any other aspect.

Short game. I want to get up and down much more regularly, both when chipping and from the sand. It needs work and I think I'll get there, but it would sure be nice to magically fix it!!! :D

Easy...putting. It's not terrible, but I'd drop 10 strokes a round with a big improvement in putting.

Being in my 50's, I highly doubt I will be able to realize a great deal of increased distance so the short game, to include putting, is very critical for me in maintaining and improving my scores.

Putting 100000000000000000%

Short game, zero question about it. My short game was awful last year....if I have the tee game and iron game I had last year with some even good short game I'd be 2 to 3 strokes a round better easily.

Pretty much this for me. Way too many strokes lost around the green.

Iron game for me. Lately I can't hit the broad side of a barn with any iron in my bag.

I would 'fix' my approach shots.. more GIRs = more chances for birdies and less chances for big numbers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aim. My aim lately has sucked...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Iron game for me. Lately I can't hit the broad side of a barn with any iron in my bag.

I can hit the barn, as long as it's at right angles with me

distance off the tee. It would make every part of my game easier hitting into greens with scoring clubs instead of hybrids and woods. I don't need to move up tees, I already play from the whites around 6000 yards. I need a couple more lessons to help me reduce spin and complete hip turn (the 2 probably go hand in hand).

Definitely short game. Specifically those partial/finesse pitch shots.

I'm changing my iron game. Way too inconsistent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short game from 125 and in. I figure that's where I loose most of my strokes during a given round. From not getting as close to the pin from that yardage, to not getting up and down enough.

GIR's......I have kept track for the last 54 rounds and I only average 50% .....I feel like I'm a decent iron striker so going to hit the mental & confidence part of my game hard this year. Would like to at least bump average up to the 60's. Every little bit helps in this game

I would fix my impact position. I feel like once that's figured out the game will become simpler (probably a very naive thought)

This is what I'm working on. I feel once that's figured out, and I'm consistently making good impact the game will be a lot more fun.

Off topic, but I've been practicing drills at home like crazy and I feel like I just need to get out the course alone and play a practice round - figure out some things, make at least some good swings and get my mind off swing mechanics for a little.

Short game. So hard to be consistent with this every time out.

Driver. If I could hit my driver straight consistently, and with some more distance, I am sure my scores would drop. Now, when I say more distance, I mean a modest 200-220 yard drive. Yes, I hit that short. No, I am not happy with that.

Tee Shots... If I could eliminate trouble off the tee... I could be a low single digit capper.

Approach shots outside of 160 yards. If I could really improve that, I think I could be a scratch player pretty quickly.

Back