How many have gamed one OEM for all 14 clubs?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
So we have several events that participants will receive a full bag of gear from one OEM. This can be a blessing and a curse. The blessing is get the entire bag of gear. The curse is that you may not like all the gear you chose. In theory it's pretty cool to get all that gear but there are no guarantees it all works for you. What do you do if that hybrid doesn't agree with you or the fairway woods get wonky?

It made me wonder who has gamed one OEM through out the bag, long term with success? How long did you game it? And with new gear always coming out, it's hard not to want to replace pieces. It will be a challenge or is it easy to do?

Long term, not so much. I gamed the full Wilson bag from Legacy basically through the remaining golf season (about 3 months). Then I switched out a driver and 3 wood by the next golf season, now I've switched putters. The clubs were fine, and I played well with them, I just was able to play with others better.

I don't think it's easy to do at all, to game all one OEM in the bag. You may be able to do it, but the urge to play something that may be better for you usually wins in a golfer's mind.

~Rock

I never have and was thinking about the Morgan Cupand wasn't sure if Cobra/Puma even had a current putter out there?

10 of my 14 are TaylorMade. 4i - AW, Driver and 3W

Just one quick correction. I believe in 2017, we have one event where participants receive a full 14 clubs and that is the Grandaddy.
We have had numerous in the past however, which makes sense for the OP.

Well if odyssey counts as callaway then four years now. Always happy with their product AND EXCELLENT customer service which I why I stay with them.

I played pretty much my entire Morgan Cup bag for a year. I think I may have swapped out the 3W/5W for a 4W (Srixon) at one point, and put my Mizuno hybrid back in the bag. But it stayed that way for a while.

I think there are a lot of OEM where I'd be happy playing all 14 clubs currently.

I bagged all Pings for about 4 years and would have stayed with them if the following generation had shown any increase in performance. It was at that tiem I switched to Callaway and have now been all Callaway, except for the putter, for almost that long, 4 years, and everything seems to work for me.

I can honestly say that at no point in time... ever... have I had 14 clubs in my bag from the same OEM. There has always been at least one component I liked better from a different company.

I was a 14 club TaylorMade guy for about a year just prior to signing up for the AC in Jan 2016.

Before that I was a 13 club TM guy for a couple of years. The putter was the thing that took the longest (a DaddyLongLegs).

There are some companies I think I could do it with easier than others. Most of the bigger companies have relatively solid lines, so with a proper fitting you can probably get something that will work out.

Off the top of my head I'd be the most comfortable doing this with Callaway, Ping, Cobra (although a Cobra putter might be hard to find) or TaylorMade.

Going this route though I think the fitting component is key.

5 times.

Callaway in 2011
Bridgestone in 2012
Cobra in 2013
TaylorMade in 2014
Callaway in 2015-2016

Have always had Titleist throughout the bag. From ball to driver

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I haven't really even been close. Could do it for various brands without issue though.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I have had all Ping for last 5 years or so. About to get some new I200's so I don't see it changing any time soon. Just fits my personality type I guess.

Long term no, but in my early playing years I remember wanting everything the same and ended up with a complete bag of Taylormade from top to bottom, even the bag and glove if I remember right. I think it was more OCD than actually anything golf related why it ended up that way!

I currently do, playing all Callaway. Play a Callaway ball as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to play 14 Taylormade clubs. The only difference now is my 3 RTX-3 wedges.

Never had a full set of clubs that was one OEM. I just bought what I liked if it was a good price. Could I game a full set from one OEM? Yeah I could but every spot in my bag currently is a fair game between all of the OEMs.

Yes I have. Taylormade 2013 then Callaway in 2014 then will be again in 2017.

14 pings last season for a few months, then I won an XR16 pro driver on THP and it's been in my bag ever since. Love that club.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

How many have gamed one OEM for all 14 clubs?

It made me wonder who has gamed one OEM through out the bag, long term with success?
How long did you game it? And with new gear always coming out, it's hard not to want to replace pieces. It will be a challenge or is it easy to do?

I had an idea of what my bag would look like and I bought clubs prior to #TheGrandaddy to make sure I could make the most out of my fitting.

In terms of how long and success, I gamed the same set up (minus putter) up until mid November of this year and hit my lowest hcap #.

It was tough with new gear coming out, but honestly I made a commitment to game the clubs, review the clubs to the best of my abilities and be available to answer any questions. IMO it will be challenging, but going in I knew the expectations and I was ready.

I think the closest I've come was with Cobra when I had the Forged Tec irons for a short period of time and my 3 woods were also Cobra. Other than that I've had a pretty mixed bag.

Have not had only one OEM in the bag since my very first starter set some 37 years ago. It was all Wilson of some variety. Probably closest I have some since then is having iron set, wedges and putter (T.P. Mills Mizuno) all Mizuno about 4 years ago. Certainly would not be opposed to it and think I could have success with it.

Back