Aldila Rogue Shafts

BallBomber

Reaction score
Handicap
I am considering purchasing an Exotics E8 Fairway with the rogue silver shaft since it is one of the stock shafts for them this year. Has anyone had any experience with the shafts here?

Moved to the shafts section.
Welcome to THP.

I am considering purchasing an Exotics E8 Fairway with the rogue silver shaft since it is one of the stock shafts for them this year. Has anyone had any experience with the shafts here?

Every club I have hit with the Rogue felt fantastic. I cant say it was the shaft specifically but I am a fan of coincidences.

I'm FAR FROM a shaft expert or aficionado, but I just got fitted into a driver with the Rouge and LOVE IT!
Good luck!

I hit the 815 with the rogue on Saturday. It felt pretty solid.

I own the Rogue Silver and Rogue Black.
Both are fantastic IMO and the Rogue Silver is the best lower launching shaft I've ever hit. It gives low-mid spin while feeling super smooth.

Sadly I only had two hits before the epoxy bond broke but both drives on the first two holes of my usual course were 20 yards longer and than where I'm usually at and DEAD straight including the second shot which opened the club up 30 degrees. I was using the Silver 60 X flex and both times it felt amazing and smooth. And mind you this was my first two drives of the day while I was still trying to loosen up.

The first drive launched on a mid trajectory and went out of sight on a par five dogleg left. A great drive hits the hill on the right and kicks left to about the 200 yard marker. My ball waved as it blew past the hill and into the middle of the next fairway. The group ahead of us called me over cause I was like that's not my ball.

The second drive I thought was a borderline pop up but when I got to it I was hitting 8 iron when I usually hit 7 or 6.

Last edited:
As others have said, the Rogue is a very nice shaft. I had never gotten along with Aldila shafts prior to the Rogue. It will definitely get another shot in the spring to stay in the bag.

So I put a Rogue in my Alpha (the original) and HOLY MOSES am I impressed! I usually play with a Kiyoshi White and was curious as to what all of the chatter was about with the Rogue. I had hit the Rogue in both the 815 and 915 drivers and was super impressed with the feel I had throughout the swing, the ball flight and the dispersion.

Saturday I put the shaft into play and had one of my best driving days. It was cold and windy for most of the round but I couldn't tell by the ball flight. There was a distinct difference between the ball flight of the Rogue Silver and Kiyoshi white. I was getting a more penetrating ball flight, and more importantly it felt amazing. I could actually feel the shaft loading and unloading during the swing. It really gave me a sense that the shaft was working for me. Now, that isn't to say that this is the only shaft capable of giving this kind of feel, but it's something I usually experience when I try to use a softer shaft.

I'm considering putting another one of these into my 3 wood

Can anyone compare the Rogues to the new Fuji Speeder Evos? I am getting ready to pull the trigger soon on the R15, and am trying to make a decision on the shaft. I play a Aldila Tour Blue in SLDR, and like it a lot, but I think I could use a little lower, flatter launch... if that came with less spin, even better. Besides, I figure I might as well get something different, since I already have the Blue and could swap it out with whatever I end up with in R15. I'm guessing the Rogue Black is probably a touch lower launching than the Blue, Silver probably is better compared to the Green? I would also have to guess that the Speeder Evo 757 is probably similar in launch/ spin characteristics to the Rogue Silver, Evo 661 maybe more comparable to Rogue Black, maybe a touch lower launch? Anyone have input or corrections they can add? The Rogue would be an added expense, as TaylorMade doesn't offer either as a custom option (as of now), though I don't think I'd have much problem turning a Speeder Evoloution into a Rogue if I really wanted to.

Borrowing ArmyGolf's Rogue Silver for my 913D2 to see if I can get some numbers as to whether it will be an improvement on my S+ or not. Today it sure seemed to be - I hit this shaft so straight it's just silly. And the lower spin means I get mad roll out, but I still get great trajectory with it. Just need to get some numbers to see if I'm giving up carry distance vs. the S+, but I'm fairly certain the spin is lower.

I have tried the rogue black in the 915 driver and fairway. THey are very smooth and accurate. Very good for someone like me that cant control light shafts.

Borrowing ArmyGolf's Rogue Silver for my 913D2 to see if I can get some numbers as to whether it will be an improvement on my S+ or not. Today it sure seemed to be - I hit this shaft so straight it's just silly. And the lower spin means I get mad roll out, but I still get great trajectory with it. Just need to get some numbers to see if I'm giving up carry distance vs. the S+, but I'm fairly certain the spin is lower.

Got some numbers for the Rogue Silver on the LM yesterday, and pretty much saw what I expected. I may be giving up a couple yards in carry (maybe 4-5 avg), but spin is definitely lower while remaining controllable so I get more roll. And I'm not sure what it is, but I seem to hit this shaft a little straighter on average than the S+ - less sidespin on toe hits. Not sure if that is because it's a little heavier/stiffer, or lower torque, or if I'm just subconsciously swinging a little better, but it definitely is still holding true.

Now, that being said, I think I have the potential to hit the S+ a little further - it seems to kick and release a little harder. But that may be at the root of why I hit the Rogue straighter. :confused2:

At any rate, what I do know is that I can easily game the Rogue, particularly on days when the ground is giving up some roll.

I have Rogue 110 on my r15 and its the cat's ass!!!! I also have the tour greens on my 3 and 5 woods and they are also killer!!!!
no complaints, low launching and low spin is good for me. did I mention easy and straight?

I have Rogue 110 on my r15 and its the cat's ass!!!! I also have the tour greens on my 3 and 5 woods and they are also killer!!!!
no complaints, low launching and low spin is good for me. did I mention easy and straight?

This is the part I like! It is overall a lower launching shaft, but I don't seem to have a problem launching it - unlike the Whiteboard. I couldn't load that shaft worth a crap. But this one works just fine and as you said, very accurate - though I'm losing a couple yards carry vs the Blueboard, but I'm making up for it in roll.

Im curious despite the success of the shaft on tour, if the shaft stays in line for Aldila. Breakage reports are quite high compared to other manufacturers which is not surprising based on how it is made. The tip section has seen a whole lot of breakage.

Im curious despite the success of the shaft on tour, if the shaft stays in line for Aldila. Breakage reports are quite high compared to other manufacturers which is not surprising based on how it is made. The tip section has seen a whole lot of breakage.

I hadn't heard that, but that's a bummer. It actually makes a bit of sense though if they're using high modulus carbon fiber - a higher stiffness generally means it takes less deflection for the fiber to fail (i.e. more brittle).

I hadn't heard that, but that's a bummer. It actually makes a bit of sense though if they're using high modulus carbon fiber - a higher stiffness generally means it takes less deflection for the fiber to fail (i.e. more brittle).

It was spoken about by just about every manufacturer we have talked to that offers the shaft. Tough position to be in.

It was spoken about by just about every manufacturer we have talked to that offers the shaft. Tough position to be in.

For sure. If the shaft is generating sales and buzz for them, I imagine their R&D folks are hard at work trying to address the issue.

For sure. If the shaft is generating sales and buzz for them, I imagine their R&D folks are hard at work trying to address the issue.

We shall see. Being that they are part of another company now, there are some unique things happening. One of which was their tour guy leaving and going to Project X.

We shall see. Being that they are part of another company now, there are some unique things happening. One of which was their tour guy leaving and going to Project X.

I think I missed that. What company is Aldila part of now? Also, am I remembering correctly that Ping supposedly uses Aldila for their graphite shafts - does the new parent company have an impact there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I missed that. What company is Aldila part of now? Also, am I remembering correctly that Ping supposedly uses Aldila for their graphite shafts - does the new parent company have an impact there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They use aldila and ust
MRC is their company now

This is the part I like! It is overall a lower launching shaft, but I don't seem to have a problem launching it - unlike the Whiteboard. I couldn't load that shaft worth a crap. But this one works just fine and as you said, very accurate - though I'm losing a couple yards carry vs the Blueboard, but I'm making up for it in roll.

10-15 yrds back is way better then being in the bush, rough, sand or water!! losing a couple yrds is nothing in comparsion to being on the fairway.....

Is this more in the silver or black? Or moreso in a certain flex?

Is this more in the silver or black? Or moreso in a certain flex?

All across the Rogue lines from what I have been told.

Back