2016 Masters ticket lottery

Thanks signed up

Thanks dog daddy and good luck to everyone! Hope some THP'ers can go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entered. This year I'm changing my strategy. I'm hoping that I DON'T GET SELECTED. I dread the 8-hr drive to Augusta from Tampa. Gas is sooo expensive. The view isn't nearly as good as my big screen HDTV. I hate living in my trailer at the Ft Gordon campground instead of sleeping in my comfy bed.

Please folks at Augusta National, please don't select my name for any of the days I put in for.

I'll let you know how this new approach goes.....

Stupid question for the day. When entering do you usually select the maximum tickets for all days or just tournament or practice ones?

Normally I put in for two (my dad), but this year I put in for only one ----but I'm hoping they don't select me - it's such a hassle going to the Masters. I hear parking is a b*tch.

In to once again be rejected! :D Thanks for the reminder.

I actually won the ticket lottery the first year I tried (for Wednesday practice round tickets).

I'd love to go back. Augusta is absolute paradise.

I've heard a few stories of people winning practice rounds. Has anyone heard of anyone winning actual tournament tickets?

I've heard a few stories of people winning practice rounds. Has anyone heard of anyone winning actual tournament tickets?

I actually know someone who won 2 tickets to the final round in the lottery last year!

You don't actually win tickets right? Just the right to buy them?

You don't actually win tickets right? Just the right to buy them?

Correct, you win the right to purchase tickets.

Got my email and sent in last week.

Let's see what happens.

JM

One of my buddies at work won practice round tickets about 10 years ago and then received a letter latter that year if he would like to become a patron an get 2 badges each year. It seems they had a lottery from the practice round winner for permanent badges and he was that lucky twice. I wish I could be that lucky.

One of my buddies at work won practice round tickets about 10 years ago and then received a letter latter that year if he would like to become a patron an get 2 badges each year. It seems they had a lottery from the practice round winner for permanent badges and he was that lucky twice. I wish I could be that lucky.

That would be quite awesome to have them every year

No kidding. I'd be happy to just win some practice round tickets once.

Never heard of that happening with badges. That would be awesome to become a lifetime badge member. Would take the trip yearly.

That would be quite awesome to have them every year

The real kicker is that his step-dad already had 2 badges and he went for 2 days every year anyway, talk about lucky.

So one just cant buy tickets to The Masters? They must get thousands of entries each year. I have heard that if you go once you get first option for the next year and so on, is that true or just a story?

So one just cant buy tickets to The Masters? They must get thousands of entries each year. I have heard that if you go once you get first option for the next year and so on, is that true or just a story?
I have entered the lottery for 6 years straight and never even been selected.for a practice round. There are some badges that are pretty much renewable every year, but the lottery ones are not.

I lived in Augusta in the 90s, early 2000s and used to hear stories from oldtimers about how the Masters couldn't give away tickets and/or badges in early days (probably 1960s, maybe 70s.).......the folks that jumped on badges back in those days and still have them in the family did well. I'm assuming as people die off, Augusta National makes some badges available. Thought there was a waiting list for badges that they stopped adding to because there were so many names - so I'm surprised that they'd offer the badges anywhere other than that waiting list.

Just a story, the ticket holders are ticket holders for life. There used to be a waiting list but now because the practice rounds are a lottery each year they occasionally will ask winners of that lottery if they want to become a patron. You must enter the lottery for practice round tickets each year.

Just a story, the ticket holders are ticket holders for life. There used to be a waiting list but now because the practice rounds are a lottery each year they occasionally will ask winners of that lottery if they want to become a patron. You must enter the lottery for practice round tickets each year.

Thanks DD. What about actual tournament days? Do you have to enter a lottery for those to.

Thanks DD. What about actual tournament days? Do you have to enter a lottery for those to.

Not any more is my understanding, they simply chose from that years practice rounds winners and ask if they would like to be a patron. I cannot imagine anyone turning them down.

Not any more is my understanding, they simply chose from that years practice rounds winners and ask if they would like to be a patron. I cannot imagine anyone turning them down.

So you can only get to the tournament days if you were lucky enough to get practise round tickets? Sorry for all the questions I just have no clue how it works, I thought any one could buy tickets.

Back