Looking For Testers - KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, training aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

[video=youtube;-C6D8V41Zl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C6D8V41Zl8[/video]

The Shafts
If you have not watched the above video, we recommend doing so to familiarize yourself with the new KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Criteria
5 Testers total will be involved in this review and each receive a a new shaft for your hybrid.
You must be able to play golf. Either on the course or in a practice facility.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the shaft out and update the review thread with feedback on your findings. This is long term testing and will need updates for an extended period of time. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play?
2. What shaft is in them?
3. What is the weight and flex of that shaft?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

I figure this one should excite some folks

Another great opportunity. Since I don't play any hybrids at the moment I am not going to throw my name into the hat, but good luck that to all that do enter.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Big Bertha 3,4,5
2. What shaft is in them? Aldila Tour Green in all three.
3. What is the weight and flex of that shaft? 86g, Stiff in all three.

This is a great idea! I would love to try a 95 gram stiff in my 5 hybrid, narrowing dispersion and lowering launch with that club could be big for me!

I would love to help out with this test! I love my hybrids and am a huge believer that they help my game.
Thanks for the opportunity!

1. Callaway Apex (4 and 5)
2. Fujikura Speeder 865 in both
3. 85 grams and stiff flex

Thanks THP and KBS for this testing opportunity!

More stable and better distribution? Yes please. This shaft sounds really cool, and if KBS is excited about it, I am too.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? - Callaway Alpha 815
2. What shaft is in them? - Fuji 865
3. What is the weight and flex of that shaft? - 83g, stiff

1. Titleist 816H2 19*
2. Aldila Rogue Black 60
3. 68g stiff

Awesome opportunity once again THP! Thanks :) I like the thought of the more stability & better dispersion offered in this model.

I'm not a hybrid guy but I'll be following along to see what folks think. KBS makes a great shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this should be a fun one, I'd liek to try that in my utility iron.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I use an Apex UT 21*
2. What shaft is in them? a KBS tour 90 stiff shaft
3. What is the weight and flex of that shaft? 102 grams stiff

Looking For Testers - KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

1) TaylorMade M2 3H Hybrid 19*
2) Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black
3) 80g HY Stiff

Awesome opportunity. I play KBS in all irons and wedges and would love to try these in metal woods. Thanks for give us all a chance to try these. Fun week is starting of great already!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Cobra KING F7 and Callaway Apex
2. What shaft is in them? Fujikura Pro 75H and Kuro Kage Black
3. What is the weight and flex of that shaft? 75 grams stiff and 82 grams stiff

Thanks for the opportunity!

I have been eyeballing this shaft something fierce so this testing would be awesome!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Callaway Apex
2. What shaft is in them? Kuro Kage
3. What is the weight and flex of that shaft? 80 Gram Stiff

Thanks again THP and KBS for this opportunity!

I would be interested in testing/reviewing one of these shafts. My testing would be a combination of on the course/practice facility.

I currently only play one hybrid...

Taylormade Aeroburner 19 degree
Shaft: Matrix Speed Rul-Z 70 in regular flex.

Was thinking about upgrading to the 2016 M2 in a 19 degree though.

Did we hit this one at the ECPC?

Ugh, I would love too but my ankle won't allow it. This will be fun to follow however.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Callaway Apex 2 & 4 Hybrid
2. What shaft is in them? FST Pro 115
3. What is the weight and flex of that shaft? 115g raw, Trimmed XX Stiff.

As a 2 hybrid guy, I'd love to test this new offering.

I currently carry the following hybrids:

Big Bertha- 18 Degree

f58352e688ffc59f2505d921e00bcc0d.jpg

XR- 22 Degree

7d464bfdcd147558e3be0ea217e98a02.jpg

The Big Bertha shaft is 67 grams & the Project X Shaft is 64 grams (I think, not sure).

Awesome. So there should be 12 others that can jump in and share thoughts

TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 Tour 3
Diamana S+ 82 HY
83g, X-flex

I'm a KBS player in my irons and wedges, so I've been looking at their hybrid proto as a possible replacement for my current shaft.

i know one of you did and he's currently playing it in an apex hybrid i believe.

Pretty sure you are correct. I know I have thoughts on it as well.

Outstanding! This should be a fun one!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Callaway BB OS 22*
2. What shaft is in them? Graphite Design UT85
3. What is the weight and flex of that shaft? 84 gram Regular Flex

I had a chance to hit this briefly at ECPC, but unfortunately only in the lighter 75gr shaft. I haven't been able to get the idea of the 95g version out of my head since then. Love the idea of the more iron like hybrid.

Back