PURED Accra Shafts

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
Well folks I am now a believer in PURING Shafts, at least iron Shafts and specifically Accra Tour 90i shafts which were put into the Honma irons I bought last week. Having never had the chance or really the desire to do it before it was offered with the build and for the price I thought why not.

These are hands down the smoothest, strongest feeling shafts I have ever hit. He Frequency matched all the clubs to a regular plus flex and PURED the shafts and wow easy Power, I have also been going into a Swing adjustment suggested by the fitter and that has helped a huge amount but for the previous 4 months I have been averaging 100 yds with my GW and up though the set in about 10 yard gaps more or less.

Today was the second full round with these irons and the GW is now a 120 yd club and the gaps are still about 10 yards +/-, I hit a 9 iron into the wind, slightly uphill 145 yards (by the laser) to 4 ft. Just amazing for me and I made the putt which was equally amazing. Pulled the 5 iron for 179 yard (to the pin) Par 3 and again into the wind flew the green by 5 yards (over the flagstick)

Now some of this is the clubheads for sure, they are a slightly stronger loft set but as we all know that has more to do with launch angle than anything but they are a iron designed for distance (like a 565 Srixon). Also some of it is me just making much better contact and driving thought the ball instead of slapping at it, once I groove this move ( I hope I groove it) and loss the left miss I may even get back down under a 10 cap again.

But if the PURING has helped just 25% if was well worth every penny it cost.

I know virtually nothing about the puring process, but anything that gives you confidence is hard to put a $ amount to, given how mental the game is.

Glad you're enjoying the feel and results!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I'm a big believer in Puring after my latest build. Every iron from my 5i to my PW feel exactly the same which I've never experienced before. Part of it is that all the swing weights are all dead nuts accurate and another part is the puring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome that it is making a difference for you!

I follow SST Pure on Facebook and they claim to have over 60 tour players using pured shafts now including all the big names. It definitely continues to pique my interest.

According to Mike Kim the fitter I use many more than that use it. Why wouldn't you if it was available and no cost to a pro I imagine. I watched him Do a set of recoils and it is a cool machine, all computerized and it gives a print out on each shaft if you like. But from what I saw no shaft is exactly round and uniform in flex, it is just impossible to make. The most expensive shafts still have a sweet spot according to the computer.
How much of what I am feeling is mental is hard to say, but like wubear71 says they all have the same feel thru impact which is neat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Awesome that it is making a difference for you!

I follow SST Pure on Facebook and they claim to have over 60 tour players using pured shafts now including all the big names. It definitely continues to pique my interest.

The most vague references ever by a company.
"The winners have had pured shafts in the last year" and countless others like them.

Not speaking about the tech, whether it works or not, but Speaking to tour van builders, they say that they are misleading people with their numbers because most of the players they build for, are not using them, but have tried them in the past at some point.

This is directly from their press release

During the 2016-2017 PGA TOUR Season, 10 tournaments have been won by players who have had SST PURE their shafts within the past year.

Either they are using it or they aren't right? They are not using the likeness of a player, so just say if people are using the service or not.

Since it is a computer doing the work there is no bias one way or the other towards the shaft and I have no way of quantifying if the results I am seeing is just a good fitting with the shafts and build or the process is making a difference but I will use it from now on if available.

Since it is a computer doing the work there is no bias one way or the other towards the shaft and I have no way of quantifying if the results I am seeing is just a good fitting with the shafts and build or the process is making a difference but I will use it from now on if available.

I have always said my friend, if you think it works for you, go for it. Clubs have to make you happy.
I just hate the way they market it, since its a pretty black and white question.

I have always said my friend, if you think it works for you, go for it. Clubs have to make you happy.
I just hate the way they market it, since its a pretty black and white question.

Boy that does sound sketchy. Interesting.

I had my Accra driver shaft pured when I purchased it from club champion since they insisted I had it done but I'm not sure I'm good enough to really say it "makes a difference." Don't get me wrong here, the shaft is a perfect fit for me and I love my driver but I'm not sure I'm totally sold on the PURING of clubs. Someone said it best earlier, how can I quantify the results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not do it with an adjustable Driver or FW since if you tinker and change adjustments there is no way you maintain the "found" for lack of the proper term perfect line of the shaft with the clubhead. But with irons or wedges I am on board.

Back