Spring 2015 East Nebraska Get Together

8am tee time.

~Rock
I'll make it happen, and I can give you a ride. How early before a tee time do you like to get to the course?

I'll make it happen, and I can give you a ride. How early before a tee time do you like to get to the course?
My typical warm up consists of drinking some gatorade or beer, watching people on the range, and MAYBE hitting a few putts.

So 30 minutes before? Im cool with earlier than that too if thats your preference.

~Rock

My typical warm up consists of drinking some gatorade or beer, watching people on the range, and MAYBE hitting a few putts.

So 30 minutes before? Im cool with earlier than that too if thats your preference.

~Rock
I'll let you know when the tee time is and when I'll pick you up. Want to PM me your cell number so I can get ahold of you when I'm outside the hotel?

So were playing Hidden Valley on Sunday? Just looked at the score card, seems totally acceptable to play the tips there. I'm going to feel like such a pro.

~Rock

So were playing Hidden Valley on Sunday? Just looked at the score card, seems totally acceptable to play the tips there. I'm going to feel like such a pro.

~Rock

It's a pretty short course, but it's a fun one. I haven't played it for a year or two, but for awhile there it was actually in pretty decent condition.

~Rock
I don't know what Ryan had decided on, Hidden Valley works for me though, fun track!

9:00am tee time Sunday morning at hidden valley. Rock, do you know if you need a ride or not?

Also, forecast isn't looking the best, might want to pack the rain gear.

9:00am tee time Sunday morning at hidden valley. Rock, do you know if you need a ride or not?

I don't have rain gear....guess I can pack a windbreaker or something. This is as good a time as any to get rain gloves I suppose.

But honestly, I don't trust weather people, they're never right.

I'll talk to my wife tonight. We probably need to figure out our travel plans.

~Rock

I don't have rain gear....guess I can pack a windbreaker or something. This is as good a time as any to get rain gloves I suppose.

But honestly, I don't trust weather people, they're never right.

I'll talk to my wife tonight. We probably need to figure out our travel plans.

~Rock
I've got an extra umbrella at least, but I don't have rain gear either. There is a golf shop about 2 minutes from where you will be staying if you do need to pick anything up.

I packed all the rain gear in the world for MN and didn't have to use any of it, I'll pack it all again in hopes of not using it!

I played Arbor Links this past weekend, be aware, they've gotten a ton of rain and it was cart path only. It was a long day and we got pulled off the course twice due to lightning in the area. The greens were freshly aerated as well. They were not fun to putt on!! Hopefully another week of healing will give you guys some better conditions, some dry weather with some sun would help a TON!

Played Quarry the next day and it was in great shape!! Again cart path only so play was slow but the course is fantastic. Have fun boys!!

I think it's going to be sunny and windy most of the week there, so that should at least help dry some things out.

~Rock

I played Arbor Links this past weekend, be aware, they've gotten a ton of rain and it was cart path only. It was a long day and we got pulled off the course twice due to lightning in the area. The greens were freshly aerated as well. They were not fun to putt on!! Hopefully another week of healing will give you guys some better conditions, some dry weather with some sun would help a TON!

Played Quarry the next day and it was in great shape!! Again cart path only so play was slow but the course is fantastic. Have fun boys!!

That's kind of a bummer to hear that Arbor was recently aerated as I personally thought the greens were one of the best parts about the course when I played it (rolled very smooth and were very quick).

I will not need a ride. Wife doesn't want to leave 5am Saturday morning, but she also wants me to get plenty of golf in this weekend. So I will have my own car.

Thanks for offering to give me a ride though. Just shows the generosity of THPers. Looking forward to seeing you bright and early Saturday AM!

And really, now that I'm driving there by myself, think I'll leave around 430am, so I can arrive early and just soak it all in. Plus I'll need some time for breakfast on the way.

~Rock

Remind me what time is the first tee time on Saturday?

Going to be an early morning, but will be such a fun day. Is 8 am too early for fireball?

Might be a touch early, but it won't be 4 AM early like it was for Iowa last year. And I think some fireball will wake you up nicely at 8 AM.

So. Doing a little google map scouting here. 1) Its on a gravel road? 2) the course really just takes you quite a ways from the club house doesn't it.

~Rock

So. Doing a little google map scouting here. 1) Its on a gravel road? 2) the course really just takes you quite a ways from the club house doesn't it.

~Rock
Both seem accurate based on what I'm seeing on Google. I feel like you're second guessing joining us... Or at least asking "WTH are these Nebraska guys taking me?"

Both seem accurate based on what I'm seeing on Google. I feel like you're second guessing joining us... Or at least asking "WTH are these Nebraska guys taking me?"
As long as there is no banjo music, I ain't skeerd.

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

~Rock

I think there is about a mile of gravel road to get to the course once you turn off Highway 75.

Nah. Just so long as there is a combine near by in case aliens attack. (Yes, random moment)

Warning, graphic, but very comical violence, and a bit of language.

Actually, I was confirming it was a gravel road, because I was going to wash my car somewhere on the way, but perhaps I'll wait until after the golf that day.

Also, whether the greens are aerated or not, makes no difference to me. The greens I putt on are nothing to write home about.

~Rock

Back