Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gulby

#SemiPro
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 12.9
So I'm looking for a new set of clubs and was wondering what you would all choose, and then I wanna know why, or if they're currently your gamers.

Sorry, for my stupid autocorrect spelling on Titleist!

Thanks!

Srixon should definitely be considered - especially if your gaming s55's. I've gone from the s56's to the z765's.

Srixon should definitely be considered - especially if your gaming s55's. I've gone from the s56's to the z765's.

Getting Srixon in Canada is nearly impossible. Leaving me with no chance of demoing the clubs first.

Plust I used a set in the past and wasn't all that excited about that. They were the 565's

Last edited:
Getting Srixon in Canada is nearly impossible. Leaving me with no chance of demoing the clubs first.

Plust I used a set in the past and wasn't all that excited about that.

the 65's are a whole different ball game. Seriously.

Which Pro model of Callaway are you referencing? The Apex Pro?

Of those listed I would choose the Bridgestone JGR, but honestly that is the only model I would consider of those listed.

Plust I used a set in the past and wasn't all that excited about that.

I'm in Saskatoon and GTown had a fitting cart with a good amount of shafts...

For me personally out of the ones you listed, the Apex Pro 16's would be top, and then Ap2's.

Which Pro model of Callaway are you referencing? The Apex Pro?

Of those listed I would choose the Bridgestone JGR, but honestly that is the only model I would consider of those listed.

Yes, the Apex Pro16

The biggest reason I have it narrowed down to the irons listed is I'm able to get them for below list which would help a lot

I chose Callaway Apex pros mainly because before I purchased my Srixon Z765's, these were the 2 finalists. Both were really good but I think I got a tad more forgivness out of the Srixons. Nonetheless, the apex pros were still so good. Ive even considered getting a set just to switch them in and out with my Srixons.

The biggest reason I have it narrowed down to the irons listed is I'm able to get them for below list which would help a lot

Then I would go with the Callaway's and the AP2's would be a close second. Personal preference only having only played a single round with these two...

Have never hit any of the listed irons but have read the most good reviews about the Apex 16 Pro so picked that one.

I need an "Other" choice.

Now that Hogan is pushing up daisies I'd go Srixon 565/765, Apex CF16s or Cobra F7/Tour Forged. I list Srixon first because I'm a huge fan of V Sole technology.

Cobra F7's without question. Feel. Forgiveness. Performance.

AP2s and 716 CBs easily the right choice. Just a matter of what you like the feel and look of. The AP2s are pretty much the CBs with some added forgiveness

I went V6 since its the only one I hit outside of the JGR

JGR but my opinion comes with a strong bias.

Like others have mentioned. I would add the Srixon 765's to the list.

For your poll, I'd go with the Apex Pros. Plenty of forgiveness in a small package.

Stated above but AP2, Srixons, or some Apex Pros!

What about some Mizunos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stated above but AP2, Srixons, or some Apex Pros!

What about some Mizunos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I might try and hit a couple tomorrow night.
I have access to Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, and Mizuno at Golftec where I am currently working on my game

What are you looking for? Game improving irons?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I voted Wilson Staff. Just because i love my C200s perhaps more than any iron I have ever owned.

What are you looking for? Game improving irons?

Looking for something I can improve with, but I don't want to be changing clubs a year or two down the road. I Don't like looking down at a shovel, let's put it that way

Since I am already gaming the AP2's ... they get my vote! But the CB's are great as well. I have previous versions of both but I like the 716 versions of them best of all.
The Callaway & Bridgestone's are also very good irons as well.

Looking for something I can improve with, but I don't want to be changing clubs a year or two down the road. I Don't like looking down at a shovel, let's put it that way
I have Callaway XR OS irons. They are amazing. Might be a little clunky looking for you. They make an XR Tour I believe that is smaller.

Back