Admit it here - you suck.

We were both pretty awful Saturday but it was still fun!

An no, I'm not quite sure what happened to you in the 3rd fairway, lol.

Hitting 3 chunks in a row into a hazard is pretty brutal, But dang it , It sure was funny !

only time "I Suck" is when I leave a putt short. there is a poor beer cart girl in Ocean City that was not expecting me to say it out loud with such enthusiasm as I did. poor girl jumped 3 feet....lol

I will admit... I look the part. However I do not shoot the part. I do always have a reason though... Every round I play is my first round of the year or it just isn't my day. Yeah... I Suck

I four putted from 10 feet today. I suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know about anyone else, but sucking isn't the worst part. I play a lot of rounds with random pairings who probably golf a few times a year. They have a couple of beers, shoot about a million, enjoy a day out in the sun, and are personable and jovial the whole time. I sometimes miss those days. The worst part is getting good enough to start to have expectations for your game, and then go out and shoot one of those so embarrassing that you don't even want to admit you take lessons rounds.

I am just trying to get to the point where my suckage is a primarily a result of my putting. However I know I am improving because prior years I just was trying to make shots that looked like golf shots!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I am just trying to get to the point where my suckage is a primarily a result of my putting. However I know I am improving because prior years I just was trying to make shots that looked like golf shots!

I am still in those years. I am to the point where I can play weekly but am still seeing no improvement in my awful game. I never know where the ball is going to go. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the ball in the air and repeat swings. Most of the balls I "hit well" are pushes to the right. I hit one or two shots per round that are just enough to keep me coming back to play again. :banghead:

I am still in those years. I am to the point where I can play weekly but am still seeing no improvement in my awful game. I never know where the ball is going to go. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the ball in the air and repeat swings. Most of the balls I "hit well" are pushes to the right. I hit one or two shots per round that are just enough to keep me coming back to play again. :banghead:
What's funny Don is that despite improving to the point where my ball usually flies up and in the direction I am aligned to, my scores haven't improved drastically. Turns out two topped balls down the fairway with a pitch shot and 2 putts is the same score as two well struck balls, a short chip and 2 putts. Still, it feels better :)

I played on my old High School home course the other day. I remember back in school I would shoot around 84 or so(it's a par 70), so I played it today for the first time since right after high school 16 years ago. I thought I would atleast be in the 70s but I ended up shooting 82, so I basically shot what I would normally shoot when I was 17. I've gained 50 pounds since then, got better equipment, taken lessons and gained experience yet I'm shooting the same as I did then. Yeah that made me feel like I sucked.

I missed this thread the first time round.

I've never enjoyed sucking at something so bad, as I do golf. And the fun thing is each round it's somethig new and different in my game that sucks :egyptian:

I missed this thread the first time round.

I've never enjoyed sucking at something so bad, as I do golf. And the fun thing is each round it's somethig new and different in my game that sucks :egyptian:

It is the only game I know where one day you can suck pretty bad and the next day suck even worse, It's very gratifying.

This is a fun thread haha. I played so bad two days ago that I really needed some self deprecation so I bumped it...looks like I wasn't the only one!

I don't know about anyone else, but sucking isn't the worst part. I play a lot of rounds with random pairings who probably golf a few times a year. They have a couple of beers, shoot about a million, enjoy a day out in the sun, and are personable and jovial the whole time. I sometimes miss those days. The worst part is getting good enough to start to have expectations for your game, and then go out and shoot one of those so embarrassing that you don't even want to admit you take lessons rounds.
unfortunately I'm kinda the casual golfer now. But no matter what , I will never tell a playing partner I don't know how long I have been playing. Makes hacking it around at times less stressful

This past Monday I shot 53 on a par 30, including two bag-drops off the back of the cart. I suck.

My iron game is the suck right now. Playing army golf with them left, right, left, right. Wasting a lot of smoking drives as I am now. But my short game is getting quite a bit of a work out......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

My putting ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!!! Its by far the worst part of my game right now

Wow, well you got your monies worth. You will play better next time in sure

On the bright side the bags dropped in the fairway. Two fairways hit! :)

I took lessons. I still suck.

Fact 1 - In THP events, I sucked so bad the Mob said I was better than cement shoes.

Fact 2 - Sucking is part of the majority. I'm in GREAT company.

Fact 3 - I suck and my wife likes it!!!!

My apologies to those who were offended by fact 3.

P.S. I golf and I lie.

Iadmit it I suck at golf, always trying to get better but i suck I will admit it freely! My best part of the game is I can drive mean golf cart, especially when its cart path only. lol

What's funny Don is that despite improving to the point where my ball usually flies up and in the direction I am aligned to, my scores haven't improved drastically. Turns out two topped balls down the fairway with a pitch shot and 2 putts is the same score as two well struck balls, a short chip and 2 putts. Still, it feels better :)

The problem is my topped balls only travel about 50 yards, so it's a lot longer trek down the fairway/rough/wherever I hit it. The weird part is my topped balls are generally straight; it's the balls in the air that go ridiculously right.

Last edited:
I can't putt. That is all.

Back