• Allegra

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

MSB256

Reaction score
Handicap
I guess allergy season is here. I used to use Zyrtec, but it seemed to make me sleepy. I've been taking Claritin lately but I'm not sure anything would help against my decision to do yard work activities yesterday with no kind of mask. According to the Weather Channel app, Allergy / pollen is very high.

What do you take for allergies and what seems to work for you?

nothing works great for me. i take zyrtec every day, and do flonase almost every day. i've been tested by an ent, and maybe one day will do the shots. mine are pretty awful.

Allegra should be a nice alternative. I believe you have to rotate theme periodically to remain effective.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nasonex works well for me. Been using it for years.

Allegra should be a nice alternative. I believe you have to rotate theme periodically to remain effective.

That's an interesting idea. I've heard of giving one time to get into your system, but I'm not sure I really thought of rotating them. I might try that.

When I do take something its zyrtec

nothing works great for me. i take zyrtec every day, and do flonase almost every day. i've been tested by an ent, and maybe one day will do the shots. mine are pretty awful.

Exactly what my Dr. has me on. Never had allergies, but when 40 hit so did they.

I take zyrtec as needed, often after I've become miserable. It does tend to make me sleepy so night time is the best time to take them and boy does it promote some DEEP sleep. It works great for me though so I can't complain.

Last Saturday I took an Allegra before the round, and felt great Sunday morning.

I take a generic Lorantidine.

Last week I bought some locally grown honey. I now take a tablespoon of that each day, hoping to build up a natural immunity so that I can stop taking a man made pill.

Last week I bought some locally grown honey. I now take a tablespoon of that each day, hoping to build up a natural immunity so that I can stop taking a man made pill.
Just started on these. Bought 400 pills at Sam's for about 12 bucks. One a day, and with Jacqui taking them now as this is her first time allergies have bothered her, they should last us most of the rest of the year.

Used to take the generic Benadryl. Got to the point where it didn't work for me anymore.

THIS!

It actually works! I need to pick up some more local honey. I'm out. If you do this consistently it's a game changer...at the very least, for the season.

Just started on these. Bought 400 pills at Sam's for about 12 bucks. One a day, and with Jacqui taking them now as this is her first time allergies have bothered her, they should last us most of the rest of the year.

Used to take the generic Benadryl. Got to the point where it didn't work for me anymore.

Smallville, what did you buy 400 pills of, generic Lorantadine or honey. Thank you!

I took Claritin for a while but switched to Flonase last year and it seems to work a lot better for me. I've heard of the local honey remedy but haven't given it a try yet.

I only just developed allergies since moving up to Cleveland a few years ago, so I don't know what it is I'm allergic to specifically, but it's not too terrible for me. I believe I tried allegra in the past with decent success.

Smallville, what did you buy 400 pills of, generic Lorantadine or honey. Thank you!
I bought the Lorantadine. I bolded that part of staticline's post but it probably doesn't show up onTapatalk.

Benadryl knocks me out. At least with Lorantidine you can take it the morning. My wife says to take the night before so it's already in your system when you wake up. But, I always forget.

I take the Kirkland allergy pills. Great because a bottle has 365 pills so it lasts the whole year and it's only like $15.

Flonase for sure!

My allergies have actually calmed down in the last few years as I have gotten older.I still use a mask when mowing the lawn,especially when its dry and I use flonase when the allergies act up.

Last edited:
I voted Zyrtec, but, I actually take the Costco equivalent - Allertec (a whole lot less $$). In general, it works pretty well, but, doing yard work kind of over powers the Allertec, and, I become a snotty mess. I don't mind the snotty mess, as a shower, usually, takes care of the problem. You can, also, try Nasalcort (or, something similar) in addition to Zyrtec.

Currently on that Allegra/Nasacort combo and it's actually working quite well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I do daily Allegra and Singulair from April through October, roughly.

Afrin works pretty good too. Fast working decongestant. Gotta be careful with it though, it can be real easy to use it too much.

My wife bought Allegra D for her allergies but it affected her too much. So I took it for the first time today after waking up congested and scratchy. I feel like I'm in a fog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back