New gear or solid game, what do you want?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
No right or wrong answer here, I'm just curious. People love getting new gear, I means it's new and everyone likes new. The issue that I see is that their games remain the same and usually it's not that good. So it got me wondering, do people prefer new gear to a solid game. Or is it the other way around.

If I could buy a guaranteed drop in score I would do that over new gear every time. But, new gear makes me happy, and no amount of money towards lessons can guarantee anything. I am also still able to improve as I work harder with new gear, so to me it's not sacrificing one or the other yet.

First and foremost I want a solid game. But I'm forever looking a new shiny toys. So I'm in the camp that says both. I want my cake and eat it too.

Solid game for $1000 Panda.

Solid game would be great or a mixture of both worlds

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Unless the new gear makes me better I won't upgrade. I can't justify spending money I typically could put to better use on gear that isn't improving my game.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Put me in the solid game camp. New gear is fun to play with, but to go in the bag it better be an improvement over what was there before.

I am happy with were my game is. I want to have fun first and foremost.

I would play with broomsticks and shovels, with a swing like Jim Furyk's, if I could strike the ball like Jim Furyk. In fact, although it would be cool to have a great ball flight however I got it, it would be most cool to have weirdo clubs and a weirdo swing that produced such good results.

I am forgoing the gear this year, to spend that money on playing/practice/lessons.

Better Game > New Gear, especially when you like the gear you already have.

. . . and it/they would be?

You really have to ask? If the original question is a choice between new gear or having a solid game, I can't believe anyone would choose anything other than a solid game.

Solid game, I am not one to make frequent equipment changes. The only exception is wedges. Those tend to changed get out yearly.

You really have to ask? If the original question is a choice between new gear or having a solid game, I can't believe anyone would choose anything other than a solid game.

One would think so, but there are some out there who would disagree:

Well you should believe it, some people believe their games will improve with new gear.

I would choose solid game hands down. I've never felt the need to have to buy the latest greatest each time it comes out. My initial investment a few years ago in my Apex clubs was the first time I bought anything major golf related. Definitely improved my game and still playing them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you should believe it, some people believe their games will improve with new gear.

No s***! I read these forums every day LOL.

I would love a solid game, if I had that then I am a believer in if it's not broke don't fix it so I would not be making equipment changes unless necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And many don't pretend to believe new equipment will make them better; they just like to play new equipment with no performance expectations.

And many don't pretend to believe new equipment will make them better; they just like to play new equipment with no performance expectations.

I don't agree, most that buy new gear believe it's going to make their game better.

Solid game all day long. Nothing like knowing that your game will travel and that you'll have control of your golf ball.

Alright panda, question back at you. What is this way to buy a solid game?

Lessons!!

Well my counter to that...I see countless of the same people spending hundreds and thousands on lessons and not improve as well.

Back