What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I bought a dozen Callaway Chrome Softs in yellow to try this weekend.
These balls impressed me and I really like them. I'll be switching between these and the B330-RX's for comparison.

Played with the Project(a) again today and was really pleased with them, long off the driver/irons and good around the green. I hope they're not discontinued already.

I've played my last two rounds with the Callaway Chrome soft. I really like this ball. It seems to fly a little straighter for me than the B330-RX, and I love the sound/feel around the greens.

2013 Srixon Q STAR . I compared them to my normal gamers; E6 and Callaway Supersoft, and found the Q STAR really performed well for me around the green. These seem to hit and stop, without the roll out I get with the E6 and Supersoft. Really like this ball.

Played the chrome soft today. Still unsure about this ball. I think it is a touch shorter off the tee then the 330rx. I had a off swing day today so I will keep playing them before I make up my final decision since it is warming up around here lately.

Played with a used supersoft. Got me an ace. So I guess the ball is alright in my book.

I played the last few rounds with the B330-RXS. Great distance off of the tee, and plenty of spin on longer short game shots. I was even able to get two balls to spin back out of fairway bunkers.

I started off playing with ProV1s yesterday, but switched after 9 holes to the Duo (the original, not the new one).

Instantly reminded me why I played with them so long. They match my swing so well. Long & straight. Can't beat that.

I've been playing Chrome Soft pretty much exclusively for the past few rounds. I just like everything about this ball. It will remain my gamer for awhile, except for the Invitationals, where I'll remain loyal to Bridgestone and my B330-S.

I've been playing Chrome Soft pretty much exclusively for the past few rounds. I just like everything about this ball. It will remain my gamer for awhile, except for the Invitationals, where I'll remain loyal to Bridgestone and my B330-S.
I played with chrome soft yesterday and shot 79. Usually mix around between it and b330. Couldn't be more different feeling balls lol

2014 B330-RX on wed, love that ball.

I played with chrome soft yesterday and shot 79. Usually mix around between it and b330. Couldn't be more different feeling balls lol

I think it's probably because of my slower swing speed, but, I don't feel a huge difference between golf balls. Of course, I'm not compressing the ball anywhere near where you and others are. It's not that I don't feel it at all. I can tell the difference between the Chrome Soft and Duo, for instance, and the B330-S. Just not so much that it bothers me one way or the other, I guess. But then, I really am liking the Chrome Soft, so...........

Probably none of that made sense. LOL

I think it's probably because of my slower swing speed, but, I don't feel a huge difference between golf balls. Of course, I'm not compressing the ball anywhere near where you and others are. It's not that I don't feel it at all. I can tell the difference between the Chrome Soft and Duo, for instance, and the B330-S. Just not so much that it bothers me one way or the other, I guess. But then, I really am liking the Chrome Soft, so...........

Probably none of that made sense. LOL
Haha. The main feel difference is off the putter face for me. Most of the time when I'm hitting the ball I'm too worried about where it's going to be worried about how it feels lol. Chrome soft most definitely feels softer, audibly much less clicky than b330

The last round was played with the MaxFli U6/x balls. These were sent to me by MaxFli as compensation for breaking one of their new SoftFli balls.
The ball had almost 3 rounds on it and then it cracked. I sent them a photo of it via Twitter and they replied that they would make it right.
So they sent me a dozen of both the SoftFli and the U6/x balls !
I had not heard about the U6/x balls, so I tried them out for the first time on Friday.
The marketing says they are for higher swing speeds, but I think they would work for just about any speed.
They felt terrific coming off the face of all the clubs and I actually spun back a couple shots with the wedges and that's not something I do very often.
Distance was right there with my normal gamer. I have only played one round with these so more testing is required.
I will say this though, so far I am impressed with the MaxFli U6/x balls.

My most recent rounds have been with the Z-Star, B330-S, and ProV1x. All solid balls, but I keep coming back to the ProV1x. If you haven't tried the 2015 version, I would HIGHLY recommend it. It is the softest version of the ProV1x I have ever played, and for me it is longer than any of the other premium balls I have played.

Paradise on earth.

Swapped back & forth yesterday between the new E6 and NXT Tour, I don't guess they're similar balls but I'm not good enough to tell a difference.
Both rolled well, stopped when I put a good wedge swing on it & felt nice off my irons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did not unwrap the 100 Anniversary Duo's but did play Duo Spin with a couple of FG Tour thrown in as a Duo drowned during it's time of service.

Played the front with a new ProV1X and went back to the Chrome Soft for the back, I had much better results with the chrome soft even though the score was a stroke higher. Could just be I was used to the CS, but never really felt like I was compressing the PV1X enough to get anything out of it. Much better driving and putting with the CS also.

Played the front with a new ProV1X and went back to the Chrome Soft for the back, I had much better results with the chrome soft even though the score was a stroke higher. Could just be I was used to the CS, but never really felt like I was compressing the PV1X enough to get anything out of it. Much better driving and putting with the CS also.

My results between the Project(a) and the PV1x are similar to yours. I always seem to play a bit better when I pull out the PV's, don't really know why, but I do lose some distance unless I really step on it. I did a little head to head on a sim and could clearly see I was losing some ball speed with the PV's.

Congratulations:clapp:
Played with a used supersoft. Got me an ace. So I guess the ball is alright in my book.

That's pretty cool man! Congrats!

Pro V1x

After playing it for a few weeks it's getting really hard to go back to any other ball

With a 15 handicap I find it hard to justify a 5 dollar ball when a 50 cent ball might be just as good.

But the feel confidence and score doesn't lie.

Plus I haven't lost a ball in over a month.

Everytime I put it in play it delivers with consistent performance.

Long off the tee.

Accurate with the FW and Hybrids

Crisp with the irons and wedges.

True on putts.

Okay. I think I may be sounding like Jim Nance.

I may have found my one true love.

Played the same Chrome soft for all 18 holes today and loved it. Something about the way this ball feels from driver to putter just does it for me.

Hit some nice golf shots with a Callaway SR2 today not sure it can kick the B330 RX out of the rotation. Solid ball though

Last edited:
Back