Ping iBlades are really tempting me

weeicemon

Reaction score
Handicap
There is something about that club that draws me in. I have only hit them in a simulator, but loved them. They seem to deliver a nice mix of forgiveness and playability.
Curious if they would be on the same forgiveness scale as a Hogan PTx. I am a 6 hcp and a pretty decent iron player. Currently playing CF16s, but am drawn to the more traditional profile of the iBlade.

BTW - absolutely hate the name.

No. They will not offer the same forgiveness as the PTX. The i200 from Ping would fill that area.

There is something about that club that draws me in. I have only hit them in a simulator, but loved them. They seem to deliver a nice mix of forgiveness and playability.
Curious if they would be on the same forgiveness scale as a Hogan PTx. I am a 6 hcp and a pretty decent iron player. Currently playing CF16s, but am drawn to the more traditional profile of the iBlade.

BTW - absolutely hate the name.

The iBlades are definitely going to be a bit more demanding than the PTx, particularly in the longer irons. Both are, IMO, players cavity style designs, but the PTx had a lot more playability packed into them than a lot of people realize.

Like JB said, the i200's would be a good place to look, though they are much more in line with the CF16 size wise than the PTx in my opinion. The Ptx did a great job of riding that "tweener" line of size/profile classification. Still bummed Hogan didn't make it.

I've had both and ended up sticking with the i200s but still long for another set of iBlades. Truly the 4 and 5 irons were the only problem clubs as compared to the i200s. The iBlades are the most forgiving and softest blade type players club out there right now. They just work.

I've had both and ended up sticking with the i200s but still long for another set of iBlades. Truly the 4 and 5 irons were the only problem clubs as compared to the i200s. The iBlades are the most forgiving and softest blade type players club out there right now. They just work.

I wouldn't have looked at you funny if I saw a couple i200 long irons mixed in with the iBlades.

That could be in my future. Who know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something tells me you are going to go in a different direction. :D

I like the smaller profile of the iBlades. I hope to hit some this evening to see how they work. They are so alluring. Must stop looking.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Kramer once famously stated... "I'm out". Snagged a set yesterday. Compared them to my i200s again today. They went in the bag for a big weekend. I'll test them out and make a choice. I would do a combo set but they have different shafts. I realized again today for a single digit HC, there is just so little difference in forgiveness from 7-W. Just a touch tougher with the 6, then the 4-5 are noticeable. Even so, the turf interaction for my swing is miles better with the iBlades plus the feel is just better. Already leaning to iBlades for sure.

I did play with both the i200 and iBlade (in a sim) tonight for an hour. Distances were comparable. I absolutely LOVED the 6-W in the iBlades. The feel was fantastic. Powerful and efficient if that made sense. The distances were incredibly consistent. No big surprising jumps. The 3-5 were def easier to hit in the i200s, but the iBlades weren't too bad. Both were very, very nice. I could game either and be completely satisfied.

Back