Need To Update My Wedges Advice Plz

Nicegy525

Reaction score
Handicap
I am currently playing with a golfsmith house brand XPC300 set of Irons w/ graphite shafts and am on the fence if I should keep them or upgrade. I am hitting them fairly consistent and honestly, with a handicap of 37.1 I don't know if I would benefit from a new set of irons.

Do I keep the ones I have and learn how to hit more consistent? Or do I upgrade to the set I will be playing for the next ten years and learn how to hit those?

These questions affect my decision on what to buy for my wedge set up.

Currently my set up goes from XPC300 PW to a Knight 56* and nothing in between

I don't know the loft of the PW but I could find out by taking it in and having it measured.

My 56* is my go to club inside 75 yds but I cant seem to put much back spin on the ball and get a lot of release on the green (bridgestone E6 ball)

Ive got my eye on the Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 wedges but honestly I need to go hit a few and see what feels good.

Any thoughts or advice?

Lessons. Better use of your $$ at this time.
Otherwise, find something you like to hit and that feels & looks good to you.

After seeing how bad some box sets can be...I'd upgrade to some used decent sticks. You're not going to really learn how to play on a set like that, it just isn't fair to you. Not saying I'm a great golfer or anything, but if me hitting those type of clubs makes it harder for me, why would someone trying to better themselves from where you are want to use those? If you have the funds, I'd again recommend getting a better used set of decent game improvement irons. Then get some lessons.

Just my 2 cents. But that gear is going to make things harder than they need to be.

You have your eye on some great wedges. The RTX 2.0 come in just about every option out there and are great pieces of equipment.

I would work on you swing before upgrading irons. For wedges the rtx 2.0 are good. The Wilson fg tour wedges are also good choice

After some further research I found the Adams Tom Watson wedge set 52, 56, 60 for $97. However with a certain rewards program I am a part of I can get them for FREE!

Reviews seem positive as a good value and I think they would be a good option while I improve my game.

Hope you enjoy them.

After some further research I found the Adams Tom Watson wedge set 52, 56, 60 for $97. However with a certain rewards program I am a part of I can get them for FREE!

Reviews seem positive as a good value and I think they would be a good option while I improve my game.
Big fan of free....enjoy

Normally I would say get lessons first, but even if you were paying the $97 I would still get them. Free is pretty too.

Free is great!! I'd still look into lessons as well! :) good luck!

Back