Branson June 26th through 28th unofficial THP gathering

Finally made it home around 3:30 this morning.

Spent a couple hours sitting on the ground in Dallas because the baggage loaders noticed a "tear in the linear of the cargo hold." So I guess they figured out that we could fly with that as long as nothing was in the aft cargo hold. So they move everything forward, re-balance the plane, and finally depart.

Grab a cab at MIA to go home. Have to smack the cab driver half way up I-95 because he's falling asleep and swerving. So glad we decided to sue Uber and Lyft because their drivers aren't as good or safe as the local cabbies.

Get 0.5 miles from home and notice the R.R. crossing arms are down and the train isn't moving. Can't figure out why. So half-asleep cabbie and I go on a little tour of Fort Lauderdale trying to find an open train crossing. Finally find one a mile up the road, look back and notice the locomotive is surrounded by police. Haven't grabbed the paper yet to find out what happened, but I'm guessing someone got run over by the train.

Got up and hopped in the car to drive to work this morning. Made it about 2 blocks before I said "f-it, I'm going to the Lauderdale office today."

Was an awesome time! Now to text Kang about getting my cell phone fixed...

I've got some time in the airport today so how about a little recap?

Round 1 - Shane's club, Millwood CC with Cookie, Evanseze, HBirdman

What a nice course and club. The layout was fun and fair. We talked a lot about the crazy low prices for the ridiculously nice houses that line the course. The prime rib French dip for lunch was awesome. The facilities were great and the staff were very nice. If you are ever in the area you have to contact Shane and get yourself invited.

Birdman ... He'd hit a bad drive and say. "I hate this driver." He'd hit a good one and say "I love this driver." Funny. I was buying him a beer to pay off our bet. The waitress asked him what kind of beer he wanted and I interrupted to ask what was cheapest. The look on his face was too funny, then he realized I was joking.

Hey man, I was just trying to figure out if you were a fellow Jew or not since that was a very Jewy thing to say :p (For the record, I ordered the more expensive beer.)

Finacee was wondering why I had one of my chemistry books out this morning. I told her I was looking up the melting point of graphite for a funeral pyre. I hate that f-ing club.

Best golf weekend of my life...EVER! ...(and I'm old). There is no way to possibly thank Shane and Ryan enough for all they did to make this happen. I guess the best we can do is promise to enjoy next year even more while we happily reminisce about Branson Fireball 2015. Seeing so many super golf shots and about twice as many funny ones was beyond great. Then you add in the absolutely INCREDIBLE courses. Hole after hole blurring together, only because the next one always somehow seemed even more spectacular (and difficult) than the one before it. The golf itself would be far more than enough to make this the best ever for me, but it really was all you other goofballs who made it so. HUGE thanks to all who traveled, some very far, to make this what it was. I so enjoyed every second spent with the guys I played with and everyone else I spent time with. This was my first big gathering and I 100% GET THP NOW!!! So, a big thank you to THP!. This gathering wasn't official, but nothing remotely close to this could have happened without the amazing community you've so skillfully nurtured, and the friendships formed within.
I think it was Ryan said it well pages ago. His drive home seemed half as long because of the ear to ear grin he was sporting . I get it. Payne Stewart kicked a bunch of tired THPers butts yesterday, this old man included. When I went home it was to push my mower around the yard for a couple hours. Something that normally kills me on a hot afternoon and not something I typically do on a day that I've golfed. Yesterday I was on such a 'happy happy high' it seemed to take me 10 minutes. I feel 20 years younger whenever I think about the gathering. Oh and KC is only a week and a half away!

p.s. Shane, buddy, my apologies for not offering any of my own live posts and pics. (but see sentence #1) ... I'm old ... and I just can't work my phone well enough.

Last edited:
It did take a lot of work to get a jewish lawyer into my country club for a day, but you were worth it lmao :p

Hey man, I was just trying to figure out if you were a fellow Jew or not since that was a very Jewy thing to say :p (For the record, I ordered the more expensive beer.)

Finacee was wondering why I had one of my chemistry books out this morning. I told her I was looking up the melting point of graphite for a funeral pyre. I hate that f-ing club.

It did take a lot of work to get a jewish lawyer into my country club for a day, but you were worth it lmao :p

They were just afraid of the discrimination suit.

We didn't get to play but THAT is funny.

I don't know about you but I was going for the Buffaloes. Mission accomplished.
Perfect line and trajectory to take out more than half that herd. Just a little more ball speed and you might have put them back on the endangered species list.

Did cookie recover on the ride home? He was looking pretty worse for wear when I last saw him.
He was pretty good after being in the ac for a while. It was a decent ride home and he turned into a pretty good navigator when we needed to reroute around the rock slide on I-35.

Clubs and clothes were waiting for me in Raleigh time to head straight to work for what I am sure will be a long day wishing I was back with everyone playing some more golf

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I will get back later for some recap thoughts, but I want to thank Shane for one amazing weekend. You putting together a fantastic to with 4 amazing courses for us. This is one weekend I will never forget.
I love your home course too. I'm extremely jealous that you have a place like that to play everyday.
And I want to thank Ryan for setting up the condos for us. That was great. The view from ours was gorgeous. Thanks for putting that together
I will get back in here tonight and try to do some recapping.

It did take a lot of work to get a jewish lawyer into my country club for a day, but you were worth it lmao
A Jew, an Asian, and a hillbilly walk into an upscale country club in Missouri... Stop me if you've heard this one.

A Jew, an Asian, and a hillbilly walk into an upscale country club in Missouri... Stop me if you've heard this one.
Branson CPO left no doubt that the emphasis belongs on 'hill' when pronouncing hillbilly.

Add a dumb A biker in there. LMAO

Who knew the 5 hour lay over in SLC would be a good thing... Flight from Dallas delayed. They have to switch planes/gates because the pipe in the bathroom broke and it can't be flown in this condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane: you planned this to perfection and delivered a stellar weekend my friend, can't thank you enough for all the leg work and hosting us!
Ryan: accommodations were perfect for this trip. Enough room and a very solid value - thanks man!

I've already spoken to a few of you but wanted to put this out there. I apologize for Saturday. I made an ass of myself and I can only hope I didn't embarrass anyone too much out there (besides myself). Just as bad as that was me ruining my opportunity to create meaningful memories late Saturday and all day yesterday. I absolutely love golf with THP'ers and hate the fact deeply that I ruined that for myself some this weekend. I enjoy having a few drinks but that escalated WAY too quickly. My bad...without question.

Lesson learned for sure - that's all I will say about that.

Eddie: thanks for taking care of me and getting me back to DFW safely.....wouldn't have happened without you.

Count me in for next year without question......although I'm of firm belief that maybe "water" should replace "fireball". :angel:

Part 1 of recap

As recount my thoughts from this past weekend, this is what keeps coming to my mind first. THP is NOT about swag, or free equipment, its about people that normally would never know each other getting together for some golf and good times. The golf was great, I had a blast every round, but the times sitting in the condo's having some drinks and just shooting the **** with everyone was the best!!!!

Another special thing about this weekend, I got to meet some people I have never met, sure you feel like you know them from the forum but it is nice to meet someone in person and shake their hand.
Here are the new people I met for the first time.

HBirdman aka Harvey aka Jewbacca actually Dan, I have chatted on PS4 with Dan many times and interacted on the forum with him as well. Dan and I talked about how sometimes people can come off different on a forum than they are in real life, and Dan fits this to a T, he is a great person, fun to play golf with and just a nice young man. One of these days I will see him without a drink in his hand haha. Also this doen not mean Dan is a jerk on the forum, it just means he is even better in person.

BrianMK, I really did not know Brian at all. I just knew him as the guy who was flying from NJ to join us. Brian met us Thursday night at the Branson Landing, and from the minute he got there he was nothing but smiles and laughs. I have no idea how someone who lives in NJ can be so positive, but he is lol. Ig you get a chance to meet Brian, make sure you do, he really is a very nice guy.

Bulldog, again I did not really know Bulldog except as the guy who likes to ride his scooter and play golf. Bulldog is a great guy as well. He is fun loving and let me tell you, no grass grows under his feet when he is playing golf. Don't blink or he will have already hit and be in the cart :) We fun sure will get some bowling in this weekend.

Orange Hog, I had not met Cace before but had chatted with on the forum so felt like I knew him a little bit. Cace was only able to play Sat morning with us, but I sure hope he can make the whole weekend next year. Cace is great guy and super fun to play golf with. Wish he could have spent some more time with all of us.

High on the Hog. Chris is a good guy as well. I played with Chris on Friday at millwood. His game is really coming around. You hit your wedges amazing, as soon as you get consistency with the driver you will be a really good player.

BearNow, Trey is another good guy. I did not get to play a round with him but so him hit some balls barefooted at buffalo ridge and he hammers the ball. Get back up here with TXBubba again and we will get a round in together.

Mr3Putt, Rick is another great guy. He is local (about 2 hours away) but we had no met before. On the range he was a machine hitting balls and he shot a 75 at buffalo ridge, amazing round. Get down here sometime this summer so us local guys can get a round in.

GolfStateChamp, I did not not get to spend much time with you since you and Eric drove back and forth each day but we will get a round in soon.

Part 2 coming later, damn work getting in the way

Part 1 of recap

As recount my thoughts from this past weekend, this is what keeps coming to my mind first. THP is NOT about swag, or free equipment, its about people that normally would never know each other getting together for some golf and good times. The golf was great, I had a blast every round, but the times sitting in the condo's having some drinks and just shooting the **** with everyone was the best!!!!

Another special thing about this weekend, I got to meet some people I have never met, sure you feel like you know them from the forum but it is nice to meet someone in person and shake their hand.
Here are the new people I met for the first time.

HBirdman aka Harvey aka Jewbacca actually Dan, I have chatted on PS4 with Dan many times and interacted on the forum with him as well. Dan and I talked about how sometimes people can come off different on a forum than they are in real life, and Dan fits this to a T, he is a great person, fun to play golf with and just a nice young man. One of these days I will see him without a drink in his hand haha. Also this doen not mean Dan is a jerk on the forum, it just means he is even better in person.

BrianMK, I really did not know Brian at all. I just knew him as the guy who was flying from NJ to join us. Brian met us Thursday night at the Branson Landing, and from the minute he got there he was nothing but smiles and laughs. I have no idea how someone who lives in NJ can be so positive, but he is lol. Ig you get a chance to meet Brian, make sure you do, he really is a very nice guy.

Bulldog, again I did not really know Bulldog except as the guy who likes to ride his scooter and play golf. Bulldog is a great guy as well. He is fun loving and let me tell you, no grass grows under his feet when he is playing golf. Don't blink or he will have already hit and be in the cart :) We fun sure will get some bowling in this weekend.

Orange Hog, I had not met Cace before but had chatted with on the forum so felt like I knew him a little bit. Cace was only able to play Sat morning with us, but I sure hope he can make the whole weekend next year. Cace is great guy and super fun to play golf with. Wish he could have spent some more time with all of us.

High on the Hog. Chris is a good guy as well. I played with Chris on Friday at millwood. His game is really coming around. You hit your wedges amazing, as soon as you get consistency with the driver you will be a really good player.

BearNow, Trey is another good guy. I did not get to play a round with him but so him hit some balls barefooted at buffalo ridge and he hammers the ball. Get back up here with TXBubba again and we will get a round in together.

Mr3Putt, Rick is another great guy. He is local (about 2 hours away) but we had no met before. On the range he was a machine hitting balls and he shot a 75 at buffalo ridge, amazing round. Get down here sometime this summer so us local guys can get a round in.

GolfStateChamp, I did not not get to spend much time with you since you and Eric drove back and forth each day but we will get a round in soon.

Part 2 coming later, damn work getting in the way

Just want you to know I saw this ya jerk :alien:

Hey I ask you the same thing all the time, then you tell me to go f-myself lmao, luv ya braother

Just want you to know I saw this ya jerk :alien:

Shane: you planned this to perfection and delivered a stellar weekend my friend, can't thank you enough for all the leg work and hosting us!
Ryan: accommodations were perfect for this trip. Enough room and a very solid value - thanks man!

I've already spoken to a few of you but wanted to put this out there. I apologize for Saturday. I made an ass of myself and I can only hope I didn't embarrass anyone too much out there (besides myself). Just as bad as that was me ruining my opportunity to create meaningful memories late Saturday and all day yesterday. I absolutely love golf with THP'ers and hate the fact deeply that I ruined that for myself some this weekend. I enjoy having a few drinks but that escalated WAY too quickly. My bad...without question.

Eddie: thanks for taking care of me and getting me back to DFW safely.....wouldn't have happened without you.

Count me in for next year without question......although I'm of firm belief that maybe "water" should replace "fireball". :angel:
#Cookie, As a relative newbie, I hope I'm not speaking out of line here. Please use your powers to delete this if it's awkward for you in any way. I just wanted to say that almost exactly the same thing happened to me back when I was about your age. A couple days of excessive sun, heat, and activity = dehydration. Combine less rest, and not eating anywhere close to normal, and it can completely amplify the effects. Especially when our 20s are behind us. In my case it led to a 3 day bout with alcohol poisoning on just a few shots of tequila. I'm ashamed to say I was traveling on every taxpayer's dime and it cost me and a co-worker an extra unscheduled 3 days in Greenville TX. I still feel horrible about it. When I saw how bad you were feeling after Payne Stewart I was worried you might be suffering similar effects and am SO GLAD to hear you are doing better. My undeserved silver lining: I scored my first and only ace a couple days later in an butt ugly round in which I was still trying to completely recover. I'm sure most of us have been there so don't beat yourself up. Can't wait to tee it up with you someday!

Last edited:
Thanks Daddio, much appreciated! I'm still a bit foggy today but can at least function without Eddie. Haha

We will get that round in next year if not sooner, I have some memories to create that I failed to this year! Golf beats intoxication 8 days a week.

Perfect line and trajectory to take out more than half that herd. Just a little more ball speed and you might have put them back on the endangered species list.

Perhaps when I was younger...

Full recap tonight or tomorrow.

Cookie I'm just glad to hear that you're okay. I will have to say this is the most creative way someone's ever used to get out playing golf with me, but next time just asked to be put into a different group on Sunday... :wink:

Back