Great watch James. I have my Citizen Eco Drive I bought years ago and love it.

Thinking about getting a first watch for me. I feel kind of weird at my part-time job as a bank teller all dressed up in a dress shirt and a tie with no watch. What would you guys suggest that I could get on Amazon or a retail store for under $150? Looking at Fossils, Invictas etc. but am willing to have suggestions. Would prefer black, but I'm fine with whatev. Thanks

I've never had luck long term with fossil watches, uncle has a few indict as and liked them.

Black as in band? They are cheap to replace if it has a steel or cloth band just make sure that the watch isn't an odd band size if it has a metal band.

If you have a small locally owned jewelry store go make friends with them it'll come in handy later. They'll have books of watches they can order in for you, I caution some are really notice and spendy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the pondering now begins. Here are a few of the watches I can order with work "points". Thoughts? There are also numerous other Nixon's that are more entry level and another eco drive.

nixon 42-20 chrono matte
nixon_42_20_chrono_matte_black_gold__10834.jpg

citizens proximity eco-drive

AT7035-01E-6.jpg

nixon 48-20 chrono leather

nixon-48-20-07_1.jpg

emporio armani chronograph mens watch blue dial

71DFR-mInmL._UX342_.jpg

Man, that Eco is sweet, I just wish it had a metal band.

Same, not a leather fan. Here are 2 other Citizen options:

b9d66bf02df71adb093c42113cb3e766.jpg

b0cd9abaa5b1d9971cd82acfe5570853.jpg

Same here, love that Eco, but the band is a non starter. I like the first one above though.

Actually a polyurethane band with a nylon backing so not leather as I thought. Also is bluetooth 4.0 capable and does some phone notifications, etc. Thinking about it....

Cool video about the Citizen Proximity:

I say either the Proximity or the Emporio Armani.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That's a good looking watch James. I'm in the market for a new one myself and that one has definitely caught my eye.

Ughuhughugh.....why do I torture myself?? I already have a Speedy...but the "grey side of the moon" edition causes me to salivate...I'm also intrigued by the 44.25mm size vs. the Speedy original at 42mm. I need to go look at this in person. Or maybe I should just stay away...

http://www.omegawatches.com/collect...resentation/speedmaster-grey-side-of-the-moon

That thing is absolutely stunning. Too bad it's around a $10k price tag haha

For me though, I would be all over a regular 42mm manual wind Moonwatch. Something about that classic design, and I've always loved manual winders...but then, if I already had one, I might be dreaming about this one too!

That thing is absolutely stunning. Too bad it's around a $10k price tag haha

For me though, I would be all over a regular 42mm manual wind Moonwatch. Something about that classic design, and I've always loved manual winders...but then, if I already had one, I might be dreaming about this one too!

On the same page with ya, my friend. My buddies here scoffed at me taking the original manual winding Speedy vs. the automatic version. Nope, it had to be the original, I say! I still enjoy manually winding it every two days or so. Never gets old. I love it. The other stuff I can only dream about. Heck, I never envisioned me even having this one. My wife still loved me enough after our 10 year anniversary, I guess. lol

Haven't worn a watch (besides GPS on the course) in years but had the itch recently so starting with this one. Will be here Monday.

[h=1]Invicta Men's 19227 Pro Diver Analog Display Swiss Quartz Silver Watch[/h]
916Agln3QIL._UL1500_.jpg

Nice cookie. I'm loving having a truly nice watch, problem is, I think it'll be a gateway thing for me.... Especially with my sister in laws discount at her store...

Nice cookie. I'm loving having a truly nice watch, problem is, I think it'll be a gateway thing for me.... Especially with my sister in laws discount at her store...

I hear ya....unsure that I would ever collect them but if I wear this one enough and enjoy it then I'll eventually be on the lookout for a true nice watch.

I hear ya....unsure that I would ever collect them but if I wear this one enough and enjoy it then I'll eventually be on the lookout for a true nice watch.
I love my Citizen. Its not as fancy as a lot of watches in this thread, but its perfect for what I want and need.

Watches

I love my Citizen. Its not as fancy as a lot of watches in this thread, but its perfect for what I want and need.

I've had my Citizen EcoDrive for about 6 years now and love it. I want to upgrade to a "fancier watch" bi look at the citizens for a 1/3 of the price and can't do it.

Last edited:
I had been wearing a Fitbit until it broke, so I never really got a chance to wear this watch, which was a gift from Wilson Staff at Personal Distance. Now I wear it every day.

Suunto-Core-All-Black-3124.png

I've had my Citezen EcoDrive for about 6 years now and love it. I want to upgrade to a "fancier watch" bi look at the citizens for a 1/3 of the price and can't do it.
Yeah me too. If you spend 4x what a nice Citizen costs you get a watch that looks just like a nice Citizen.

Watches

I'm a big Fossil guy. I like to have a few different ones. I would like a nice one but waiting to make the investment down the line.

Cool looking watch Erky, looks like it has tons of great features also.

Cool looking watch Erky, looks like it has tons of great features also.

Yes, it does. Overkill perhaps. It's funny. The other day it warned me of a storm that was coming. Apparently if the barometer drops a certain amount, a storm alarm goes off.

Yes, it does. Overkill perhaps. It's funny. The other day it warned me of a storm that was coming. Apparently if the barometer drops a certain amount, a storm alarm goes off.

What model is it? I want to read up on it.

Back