Green Sleeve Forum Testing Review Thread

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
A dozen THP'ers have received a Green Sleeve for review, and they will use this thread to post their thoughts and feedback on the product.

1297_Nimenko_070-400x284.jpg

Arrived yesterday, thanks THP and GG for quick turnaround. Thanks to Green Sleeve for this opportunity

initial thoughts are it's nice and small, very convenient. Easily fits in back pocket or front with no worries of slipping out with movement.

here are a couple pics of the outside and inside. I hope to test it out over the weekend or early next week.

Inside looks interesting. WHat does that material feel like? Can't wait to hear your thoughts Emart!

Interested to see how this stacks up convenience and price wise against a good ol towel and brush.

Interesting product can't wait to see results

Interested to see how this stacks up convenience and price wise against a good ol towel and brush.

From a price perspective here are they stack up.

Green Sleeve is $11.99
Towel $8-10(sale price and based on style) $20 for Club Glove with pocket towel
Brush $8-10(for cheaper on sale brushes)

The Green Sleeve is for convenience so that you don't have to take a towel to green to clean your ball or a club if you choose. I think the convenience and use will come down to personal choice.

Some of the courses I play have club and ball cleaners on the carts which if I will use to clean my clubs. If the grass is wet I will take a towel with me to green or at least try to remember to so i can rest any clubs I may have used on the towel to prevent grips from getting wet and to clean the ball.

Not having a chance to take this to the course yet I can see it being useful in conjunction with towels and brushes. It fits nicely in the pocket. The inside can be dampened if needed. Doesn't seem to bulky. Hope this helps so far.

I am hoping to test on the course Sunday or Tuesday.

While the guys get their Green Sleeve's for review, I'll add in some photos alongside as I'll be providing a product spotlight soon. Very fitting the Canadian Green Sleeve arrived for review, and I'm quite impressed with the build out of the packaging. Less of an obstruction than a wallet, quality construction, and the microfiber centre looks quite useful for cleaning a ball or a club.

20141106_142922-L.jpg

20141106_142938-L.jpg

20141106_143041-L.jpg

20141106_143118-L.jpg

20141106_143218-L.jpg

(note: The depth in the pocket is far greater, just referencing for size)

Good job testers.

A question - does use of the term "green" reference the putting surface or an environmental advantage to using the product? If the latter, what is it?

Good job testers.

A question - does use of the term "green" reference the putting surface or an environmental advantage to using the product? If the latter, what is it?

The product is referenced for on/around the green. I am guessing Dan will cover in the spotlight info from the website. But here is a small segment from the website.

The Green Sleeve has a unique microfiber cleaning centre to remove loose dirt, dry and polish golf balls & wedges but unlike a golf towel the Green Sleeve is always with you in your pocket. Specially designed with a collar at each end it allows golfers to hold the sleeve comfortably and insert a ball or wedge to clean.
Microfiber is an extremely fine fibre that is able to absorb more particles of dirt than any other fabric known and this makes the Green Sleeve a GAME CHANGER.

• Removes dirt from golf balls and wedges, just like a golf towel
  • Lightweight and always in your pocket, unlike a golf towel!
  • Available in a range of colorful designs
  • GAME CHANGER – especially on and around the green

No doubt this product looks like it can be great short term. Really looking forward to seeing how it holds up long term in terms of build quality and overall durability.

I concur with Dan's comments about the packaging, construction of the product and its size. For reference I put it in the back pocket of a pair of Oakley pants and it sat all the way in the pocket with nothing hanging out of the pocket.

I will try to get some pics up tonight with in some pants/shorts and also with a ball inside and a club. Will see if I have a ball and club with some dirt on them and do a before and after.

What is the outside made of?
Are there instructions on how to properly clean the Green Sleeve in between rounds?

While the guys get their Green Sleeve's for review, I'll add in some photos alongside as I'll be providing a product spotlight soon. Very fitting the Canadian Green Sleeve arrived for review, and I'm quite impressed with the build out of the packaging. Less of an obstruction than a wallet, quality construction, and the microfiber centre looks quite useful for cleaning a ball or a club.

20141106_142922-L.jpg

20141106_142938-L.jpg

20141106_143041-L.jpg

20141106_143118-L.jpg

20141106_143218-L.jpg

(note: The depth in the pocket is far greater, just referencing for size)

Nice looking sleeve there.

What is the outside made of?
Are there instructions on how to properly clean the Green Sleeve in between rounds?

Not on the packaging, but it's pretty cut and dry. ball goes in, gets moved around, and comes out cleaner than it went in (presumably, I've not tried yet). Similar process for an iron.

Not on the packaging, but it's pretty cut and dry. ball goes in, gets moved around, and comes out cleaner than it went in (presumably, I've not tried yet). Similar process for an iron.

No no, i meant actually cleaning the Green Sleeve itself. Is it machine washable? etc.

Thanks for the pics fellas. Looks pretty dang cool. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Can't wait to receive mine and chime in here. First impression prior to receipt is that this looks extremely convenient for cleaning up wedges after sand shots, chips, and the like.

Definitely think it will be really effective for cleaning balls. Interested to see how it does with clubs, particularly sandy grooves.

Can't wait to receive mine and chime in here. First impression prior to receipt is that this looks extremely convenient for cleaning up wedges after sand shots, chips, and the like.

I agree. I think dirt on the irons maybe a different situation and it will only remove some of it. Based on name and some videos on their website this is truly meant for around the green use. Definitely more convenient than bringing a brush around the green or a towel, although as stated in an earlier post i do bring a towel to help keep grips dry when grass is wet. I think this will take that little extra dirt of the ball compared to using hands or clothing.

Cant wait to hear your thoughts and the rest of the testers.

Good start testers, keep it up.

So is this something you guys envision keeping in your pocket during a round? Or in the cart if riding or easily accessible in your bag if walking? Thanks

Back