SwingByte 2.0 THP Review Thread

If I can find a deal on BF, I'm gonna try to scoop one up. Love the info in the reviews so far.

a3046f644d0a036992c60ff450fb8b39.jpg
b4e74421a49ceec4f26e4c3086943e3b.jpg
51bd9d0115686a6c77e7591466c818e2.jpg

I kinda slowed down as i was afraid it would slip off the shaft and break. Every swing is slid down the shaft. I do like the app though , maybe I'm just not using it right as it keeps on sliding down and un hinging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used mine for 3 sessions and it never moves.

SwingByte 2.0 THP Review Thread

a3046f644d0a036992c60ff450fb8b39.jpg
b4e74421a49ceec4f26e4c3086943e3b.jpg
51bd9d0115686a6c77e7591466c818e2.jpg

I kinda slowed down as i was afraid it would slip off the shaft and break. Every swing is slid down the shaft. I do like the app though , maybe I'm just not using it right as it keeps on sliding down and un hinging

I was having the same problem with my steel shafted PW. It would slide and/or spin of center. Sometimes the alignment/charger cover would pop up too. Did you make sure the retaining clip closed all they way? It retracts and snaps back into place. You can see it in he first photo and not in the second photo. I didn't have much of an issue with my graphite shafted driver.
f07bd5c79fb8c141a9049c444548bc1a.jpg
96e09d529cf93b080c2fe290e0f58214.jpg

Just used the 5 iron for about a dozen shots today. The clamp just wouldn't stay clamped: and if I remember right I had the same issue a year back . Contacted customer support and they are sending me a new clamp

wonder if I can install a Velcro type clamp that would hold it in place ? I did pick up a few good tips to try from the lessons videos. They sure don't shy from giving those and Jim hardy really presents some great ones on this app. Just happy to see i come from the inside and the face doesn't flip as much as it used to . More hands ahead impact

i lost about 10 mph of swing speed , but looks like these readings show I can look forward to more consistency versus hitting And chasing it everywhere. Not sure if I will use this every practice session , but it is good to check every couple of months to see how my lessons are progressing

Just used the 5 iron for about a dozen shots today. The clamp just wouldn't stay clamped: and if I remember right I had the same issue a year back . Contacted customer support and they are sending me a new clamp

This was the problem I was having and they are sending me a new clamp as well. Shira is awesome at her job!

I spent some time today watching the 15 videos my last virtual swing coach suggested and practicing some of the drills. It found that I have a flat shoulder turn, something that I knew but couldn't articulate if you asked me. I spent time practicing the club across shoulders backswing drill (pointing "into the zone"), the backswing stretch drill and the head stabilizer drill.

My coach has been telling me that I need to work on my flexibility, and my wife has been telling me that I need to work on the expanding center of gravity around my midsection. These videos/drills helped show me to what effect both of those things are having on my golf swing (Catch me in the fitness and weight loss thread later, lol).

The videos were easy understand and follow with not a lot of props needed (leave the pool noodles at home for now) and after working for 30 minutes or so, m swing felt more comfortable with the changes suggested. I'll be getting out to the range tomorrow to try the Swingbyte and virtual coach again and look to see what improvements I might be making.

Got my new clip in the mail last night. Hopefully, I'll have some time this weekend to work on my swing and the new clip won't detach. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully the rest that received units continue to review the product. I know there were some hardware issues, but all seem resolved with solid customer service.

I've got a session booked at the range tomorrow morning. Time to see if there is improvement from using the virtual coaching drills.

Hopefully the rest that received units continue to review the product. I know there were some hardware issues, but all seem resolved with solid customer service.

Not sure what the issue was with mine, but I've got the new unit charged and ready to go. Should have a session in the next 24 hours.

I got another e-mail about my session. Only a few swings, since the latch crapped out, but thought I would post it anyway.

IMG_0389_zpsaz5sqgwl.png
[/URL][/IMG]

You bet JB. Lesson on Monday to verify the data and discuss what the virtual coach says. I also have a couple of range sessions on the big island planned in December. Expect a full review in the new year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I have been reading a lot of threads on swing tips and it really has me in the mindset to get my mechanics more sound and the SwingByte is really jumping out to me as a tool to help me out. I'm just debating whether to bite the bullet and spend the money.

I had hoped to participate a whole lot more in this (and other) review thread. Unfortunately, my back is just not cooperating. I'm hoping to get to the range Sunday and give this a go.

I had hoped to participate a whole lot more in this (and other) review thread. Unfortunately, my back is just not cooperating. I'm hoping to get to the range Sunday and give this a go.

Oh, that sucks man. I hope you feel better!

My shot shape on this says slice . But when I used it I was really striking it well and actually had them going right where I was aiming

is this because of the clamp coming off on every shot? How much credibility Is there in the shot shape on these? Anyone else get some goofy readings on the shot shape?

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I have been reading a lot of threads on swing tips and it really has me in the mindset to get my mechanics more sound and the SwingByte is really jumping out to me as a tool to help me out. I'm just debating whether to bite the bullet and spend the money.

I can appreciate that, as it's not just another $20 training aid. I'll save my full thoughts on value for the end of the testing, but if you break the cost down a bit into relatable terms it doesn't seem unreasonable. I've seen it posted on their site for $176 shipped and the app is free to download and use (ad free!!). That's the equivalent of about 3 lessons ($60/lesson) near me. I haven't had adequate time with the device and virtual coach to come to a conclusion, but I'm fairly certain that this device will last MUCH longer than 3 sessions, and will be able to use it at my convenience and pace.

Would you pay $176 for a years' worth of swing review and training?

The things that I'm waiting to see are:
What are the results of the virtual coaching, am I creating a repeatable swing with consistently acceptable shot results, am I engaged in the lessons and does this device produce accurate data. If all (or most of those) ring true then I'll recommend others spend the money.

My shot shape on this says slice . But when I used it I was really striking it well and actually had them going right where I was aiming

is this because of the clamp coming off on every shot? How much credibility Is there in the shot shape on these? Anyone else get some goofy readings on the shot shape?

My first results were showing something like 80% hooks but I found that I didn't line up the device properly to the leading edge of the club face. I also recommend (especially if hitting off mats vs grass) re-checking the alignment after every few shots.

The device can be had for about $120 at rockbottomgolf.com.

In my area that's just barely over a one hour lesson with a Pro.

The device can be had for about $120 at rockbottomgolf.com.

In my area that's just barely over a one hour lesson with a Pro.

Sweet, I hadn't checked their site. I may hold out and see if they end up having anymore sales before Christmas. Even at $120, I think it would be well worth it.

Houston, we have a problem...
85d53c5f3d4e7fd3bba588f65e0e7d65.jpg

Yeah, you need some moisturizer man!

But that doesn't look good!

Lol, it's dry out up here and this was after being outside for over an hour. No excuse for poor skin care I know...

Back