Off Course – The Social Golf Experience

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 182. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, THP Staff writer James Miles joins the show, to discuss the art of perfecting the social golf experience.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and James talk about par 3 golf courses and the right amount of golf on a trip. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as James Miles goes Off Course.

Episode 182 is here and Dan and James discuss the following topics.

Perfecting the Social Golf Experience
Fitting into Odyssey Ai-ONE
Par 3 Golf Courses
How Much Golf on a Golf Trip
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode. If you get a chance, drop us a review wherever you listen from and let others know what you think of the show and/or channel.

Untitled-3.jpg

Continue reading...

Yes.... We need to hear from Dan's better half

1699621361042.png

I'm already looking it up @Canadan . Normally I listen on the road, today it's at a computer. This is a whole new experience.

I also agree with the putter fitting, I feel like it really helped me this year because I was fit.

Another vote for hearing from the better half of the @Canadan family.

The putting green and par 3 course sound fantastic at Omni PGA Frisco- you're right I love the idea of a place to visit that has all those amenities and not just golf courses.

How large was this putting green compared to Ballyhack 18?

Fun hearing other people experience that place. It’s hard to explain how cool it is adequately. Then add two pretty fantastic courses including a championship level course right next to it.

Last edited:
Fun hearing other people experience that place. It’s hard to explain how cool it is adequately. Then add two pretty fantastic courses including a championship level course right next to it.
But, are the courses worth 325 and 375 (plus caddie on this one) a pop?

being able to choose the type of ball you want to hit at the range was pretty mind blowing too.

If every destination golf resort doesn't have some sort of pitch and putt par 3 course in the next 5-10 years they are doing it wrong.
between Bandon and PGA frisco this year and even Pebble recently, those short courses are so much fun, moreso than grinding out a second (walking) 18 in a day.

Playing the Swing in Frisco, all I could think about was how excited i would be to get my son out there soon.

But, are the courses worth 325 and 375 (plus caddie on this one) a pop?

they change a bit on the season, I didn't pay quite that much.

I think my answer would be as a one off play and not staying at the resort, no. (i think locals get a decent discount though?)
As a one-off weekend experience/vacation, yes. Big name resorts courses, that's just what the asking price is. The amount of big tournaments that are going to be going through that east course will let that round last for years to come. Am I itching to go back and play them both soon at that price, not really.

It doesn't even come close to comparing.

Think massive, and then double it twice.

The punchbowl at bandon is the only one i've seen that is in the same ballpark. and it's still probably 30% bigger.

Listening now gents!

Get Laura on the show!

they change a bit on the season, I didn't pay quite that much.

I think my answer would be as a one off play and not staying at the resort, no. (i think locals get a decent discount though?)
As a one-off weekend experience/vacation, yes. Big name resorts courses, that's just what the asking price is. The amount of big tournaments that are going to be going through that east course will let that round last for years to come. Am I itching to go back and play them both soon at that price, not really.
We had this conversation on the course as Vrska asked Dan and I the question. They’re amazing, but they’re not that price amazing, and that was the consensus. I’ve been on a lot of resort courses and I’ve never paid that.

We had this conversation on the course as Vrska asked Dan and I the question. They’re amazing, but they’re not that price amazing, and that was the consensus. I’ve been on a lot of resort courses and I’ve never paid that.

It's all relative. I think I paid $220 for the west? and had a Bandon trip soon after that which was much more. So it felt high, but reasonable at the time. I don't think $325 for the west is worth it regardless of time of year. I still think the east would be worth it for a one time play.

The putting course and being able to spend four hours on just the par 3…this place sounds awesome

It's all relative. I think I paid $220 for the west? and had a Bandon trip soon after that which was much more. So it felt high, but reasonable at the time. I don't think $325 for the west is worth it regardless of time of year. I still think the east would be worth it for a one time play.
But that’s Bandon, this doesn’t have that lore.

Again though, they’re excellent courses, but that pricing is crazy cray.

Back