Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

They are showing a lot of balls in the drink on 18. IJP is the latest casualty.

I'm telling you, watching Rory the last few shots there is a slight indication that he's not flushing it anymore, ever since that eagle from the fairway. Hole 10 he dang near dunked it in the drink, then on 11 he missed the green from 150. Just saying....he will still be leading but he's going to give a couple back here.

Poor bunker shot by Phil.

Wow, that dude has some hair!

I'm telling you, watching Rory the last few shots there is a slight indication that he's not flushing it anymore, ever since that eagle from the fairway. Hole 10 he dang near dunked it in the drink, then on 11 he missed the green from 150. Just saying....he will still be leading but he's going to give a couple back here.

He is on the tougher side now, come out of this side still at -10 is a victory.

Edit great putt on 11

--
tapatalk

Hole 12 - par 4

DJ - long iron - mid FW
Phil - 2 iron - mid FW
Rory - long iron - mid FW

Rory - 145 PW to 10 feet dead over flag
Phil - 134 to hole SW - 25 feet or so short right of hole
DJ - 133 - over green and ran down backside (bad spot)

DJ - great chip to 3 feet
Phil - solid 2 putt
Rory - misses birdie, takes par

Last edited:
When I was making my predictions for the homepage article I told JB that I had a weird feeling that Zach Johnson might do something here. He told me I was crazy and I would embarrass myself if I even mentioned him. Hmm....who should be the one embarrassed now? I am working on a few different ways to rub it in his face and say "I told you so." Even if Z. Johnson doesn't stick with it, I still feel I was justified in my thought that he could do well.

Maybe Rory is getting away with the bad ones and coming through his tough period in the round? We'll see coming down the stretch. Can't remember a field like this, yet we're only talking about one guy!

Ogilivie and Glove got wet on 10 and Watney is about 6" from an ace.

--
tapatalk

i wish i had a 255 yard iron in my bag...ridiculous.

OK, Rory saved par from the bunker on 11 and stuck his approach close on 12...maybe I'm wrong. Meanwhile Phil and DJ are all over the lot again and Rory just keeps going.

OK, Rory saved par from the bunker on 11 and stuck his approach close on 12...maybe I'm wrong. Meanwhile Phil and DJ are all over the lot again and Rory just keeps going.

I really hope you are :D

I feel bad for saying this because I love their standard performance polos, but UA is getting some really gaudy shirts in their golf lineup.. And it's starting to bother me.

Yep. I like their solid color shirts with the big logo. The other ones make me think they are trying too hard to be like Puma.

Lunch time, going to go catch some coverage in the break room

What about Robert Rock, no practice round due to visa trouble and is -1 playing his 27th

What about Robert Rock, no practice round due to visa trouble and is -1 playing his 27th
I want to know exactly what that means? Did the dude run up his visa partying and not have enough available credit to get a plane ticket or what? This needs to be known!

Yep. I like their solid color shirts with the big logo. The other ones make me think they are trying too hard to be like Puma.

Honestly even the big logo shirts are aggravating me... I don't mind the mini logos showing what kind of shirt I'm wearing, but at some point it starts to get ridiculous.

I look at companies like Sligo and they get it (or at least get me). Never a huge logo, always a great pattern or simple logo.

That's pretty impressive to me considering the massive travelling, then he didn't even make it into the area until I think they sad 3 or 4am yesterday morning and then had to play a round the same day.

I want to know exactly what that means? Did the dude run up his visa partying and not have enough available credit to get a plane ticket or what? This needs to be known!

I thought it was his visa to get into the country???

edit: shows how much I know about robert rock lol

Not sure if that is sarcasm or not

He had trouble getting his paperwork through to allow him into the States

I thought it was his visa to get into the country???

You have to forgive my friend P4B here. He thinks a visa is a plastic thing he carries around in his wallet and a passport is car made by Honda. :D

haha I think it's a work visa, not like.. A visa card, if that is what you mean.. I think the problem was that while his work visa was suitable for the Euro tour, I don't know that everything was in line to come to the US and 'work'.

Hole 13 - par 3 - 194

DJ - right of flag 20 feet
Rory - by DJ - 2 feet further back
Phil - over the other 2 balls; 22-25 for birdie

Phil - birdie short, tap in par
Rory - barely misses birdie, tap in par
DJ - misses left, tap in par

bah! my internet is being shoddy and the online coverage is cutting out!

Back