The Morgan Cup - Game Week

Finally getting to read threads today. This is awesome seeing these updates. Thanks a ton

a6890883-52a2-9697.jpg

Quick spoiler WITB pic - cg13

Loving These irons!

Sweet set up CG! Man do those look good in that gorgeous staff bag!

Updates! Ahora!

Yoccos, I know you have like six phones. Update me now or I will bet against you!

I already did...hehehehe

Yea. I like hanging out with all those guys and I'm bummed that I'm not there.

It would be awesome to be there I must agree. We could start driving now and be there by morning!

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the cellphone pictures that I posted earlier today. I had a blast with Esox and belbin, they are 2 great guys and will be great teammates as well. I guess I was going a little crazy earlier today over how long belbin hits the ball, but it has to be seen to be believed. Esox wasn't playing his best today as his putter was cold, but I know that his putting will improve as the weekend goes along, and he's going to be a very steady match play competitor.

We played the Blue tees at the Watson course, which played at 6319 yards. We will learn on Media Day which tees that we'll be playing from on that course, so we decided to play the tees that were our best guess as to what we'll be playing. The Watson course has no water anywhere on the course, but as many people have figured out from the pictures, there is a lot of sand out there. If you get into a fairway bunker, it is very hard to get to the green from there. I expect that everyone in the tournament will visit a fairway bunker on that course more than once, some of the holes out there are very narrow in terms of where you have to drive the ball. The conditions here are AWESOME, the greens roll very true and the fairways are pristine. The rough is actually very playable as well. In terms of my round, I thought it was going to be awful after my first tee shot, which ended up behind a bush and I had to play my second shot left-handed to chip back out to the rough. But I settled down after the first few holes and got the speed of the greens down, shot 43 on the front, and then played even better on the back with a 41 for 84 in total. Take out a couple of really dumb shots and I would have been close to breaking 80. I also had only 29 putts, which puts me in a really good frame of mind for the rest of the weekend. The new R11 irons are really nice as well, more thoughts on those as the weekend progresses.

By the way, everyone is going to have to follow the live feed for Friday-Sunday, no cellphone pictures allowed during the tournament.

Cell phones take pictures?

Kevin

Good playing with Esox and Ary today. Both of these guys can be lethal, their short games are second to none. Esox had an off day with the putter today, but he will get that fixed up.

For the record I didn't hit the 4h 250y, I was 250 to the pin, out of the waste bunker, and was on the front. About 15-20y short. Funniest part is I never saw the ball at all. Esox had to tell me where it went.

---
- Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the cellphone pictures that I posted earlier today. I had a blast with Esox and belbin, they are 2 great guys and will be great teammates as well. I guess I was going a little crazy earlier today over how long belbin hits the ball, but it has to be seen to be believed. Esox wasn't playing his best today as his putter was cold, but I know that his putting will improve as the weekend goes along, and he's going to be a very steady match play competitor.

We played the Blue tees at the Watson course, which played at 6319 yards. We will learn on Media Day which tees that we'll be playing from on that course, so we decided to play the tees that were our best guess as to what we'll be playing. The Watson course has no water anywhere on the course, but as many people have figured out from the pictures, there is a lot of sand out there. If you get into a fairway bunker, it is very hard to get to the green from there. I expect that everyone in the tournament will visit a fairway bunker on that course more than once, some of the holes out there are very narrow in terms of where you have to drive the ball. The conditions here are AWESOME, the greens roll very true and the fairways are pristine. The rough is actually very playable as well. In terms of my round, I thought it was going to be awful after my first tee shot, which ended up behind a bush and I had to play my second shot left-handed to chip back out to the rough. But I settled down after the first few holes and got the speed of the greens down, shot 43 on the front, and then played even better on the back with a 41 for 84 in total. Take out a couple of really dumb shots and I would have been close to breaking 80. I also had only 29 putts, which puts me in a really good frame of mind for the rest of the weekend. The new R11 irons are really nice as well, more thoughts on those as the weekend progresses.

By the way, everyone is going to have to follow the live feed for Friday-Sunday, no cellphone pictures allowed during the tournament.

Awesome writeup. 29 Putts! Impressive for sure

Sounds like a good time, guys. Thanks for the update.

Thanks again for the pictures Ary. Glad you guys had fun and was happy to hear you were able to play a round of golf with your father. :)

Ary the pics are awesome, thanks for sharing. The course looks to be in great shape.

Team ramrod of CG and dirtydawg took down captain TC and own Kev +3 and 1.

And the cars are packed headed to te townhouse for some brats and burgers!

Any THPers in Orlando are welcome give me a call

a6890883-7be9-fd83.jpg

a6890883-52a2-9697.jpg

Quick spoiler WITB pic - cg13

Loving These irons!

All the TM guys who ordered R11 irons got 4-PW & AW so he probably just has all those irons in there as well as whatever woods/hybrids/wedges he ordered. When MC time rolls around I can assure you everyone will have only 14 clubs. :smile:

Team ramrod of CG and dirtydawg took down captain TC and own Kev +3 and 1.

And the cars are packed headed to te townhouse for some brats and burgers!

Any THPers in Orlando are welcome give me a call

a6890883-7be9-fd83.jpg

That's a whole lot of Callaway goodness packed in right there!

Did someone say brats and burgers? Sounds like nap time is over.

Kevin

Fun time at Grand Cypress with Yoccos, ddec and One-T

Big group of us getting together for a BBQ. Having a freaking blast.

b805df3b-8670-1cf6.jpg

b805df3b-86b2-138e.jpg

b805df3b-8670-1cf6.jpg

b805df3b-86b2-138e.jpg

Awesome!! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun

Glad you guys are having a good time

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

b805df3b-8670-1cf6.jpg

b805df3b-86b2-138e.jpg

Man how I wish I was the meat in a One-T/Yoccos sandwich right now :D

yoccos missed the memo to wear orange today!

b805df3b-8670-1cf6.jpg

b805df3b-86b2-138e.jpg

Back