Texas Get Together

1. Agreed that Spring would probably be best to give everyone fair opportunity to put together the funds necessary. We sould also set a date and place pretty quick in order to get everything set up properly.

2. Nate, IMO you should update your first post to include the names of those committed or verbally committed so we can keep track of how many golfers we have. (mcook77, I know you're committed to the Outing and Demo day May 18-20...sure hope you'll be able to attend this as well).

3. TC, I know you won't be able to make it, but if you did...I would in fact bring you some Tequila as "fiesty" is the only way I'd want you here.

2Shoes: yep, doing both should not be an issue. Are we trying to book lodging as well through this deal or just the golf?

Tappin' from my iPad!

2Shoes: yep, doing both should not be an issue. Are we trying to book lodging as well through this deal or just the golf?

Tappin' from my iPad!
I think that will depend on the destination. However, I think we could probably get a better deal overall if we try to work as a group rather than just calling individaully.

I think we would be hard pressed to get this in before holidays kickoff. My vote is March even if it is still a tad chilly.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cook you DO remember what state we live in right??? There is no such thing as winter in 2/3s of the state. And if anyone is interested I'll be in Houston the 29th of Dec to Jan 2nd with my clubs if any of you Houstonians are up for a round :call-me:

Last edited:
I think that will depend on the destination. However, I think we could probably get a better deal overall if we try to work as a group rather than just calling individaully.

Oh yeah - definitely agree of booking it as a group just did not know if we were just booking golf as a group or also trying to do accommodations at a "stay n play" resort. If in Austin, I would prefer just the golf as I have family I can stay with for free down there.

Cook you DO remember what state we live in right??? There is no such thing as winter in 2/3s of the state. And if anyone is interested I'll be in Houston the 29th of Dec to Jan 2nd with my clubs if any of you Houstonians are up for a round :call-me:

LOL - yeah, I know. Was just thinking of this past February when we had ice on the ground for 5 days!! But that was up here in the great white north. :D

My vote is for March around the 10th-11th or 17th-18th. Although the 2 weekends after that would probably work as well.

My vote is for March around the 10th-11th or 17th-18th. Although the 2 weekends after that would probably work as well.

March 10th/11th or March 24th/25th would work for me. I am one of those divorced dad's with my kids every other weekend so I always try to work around that if possible.

Any of those dates are fine with me. Anytime that far out is wide open as of now. I guess I wasn't thinking about the folks that live or have friends in the Austin area not needing lodging.

FYI 2 I look out my window everyday and see TMS and hear cars on the track all the time---Sweeeeeet
Been there a couple times now. Managed to get pre-race pit road w/ hospitality tents. I need a hot pass though.

I'm good with Austin, Barton Creek as well, rated #1 Golf Resort in Texas, but I'm certainly open to other courses if that doesn't fit the bill here.

2. Nate, IMO you should update your first post to include the names of those committed or verbally committed so we can keep track of how many golfers we have.

I will do that for sure. Let's stir the pot for awhile to see what happens with this thread and then when we get closer to scheduling something I'll post it back on page 1.

You also have Horseshoe Bay just outside of Austin as well (playing there in 4 weeks!) That is a stay and play!

With this much advance notice, down for anything.

Dang that Banton creek place looks nice, better get 72 in in 2 days time though, rooms are a little on the pricey side lol.

Hitting the course today boys....DFW high 80, party cloudy, wind 5mph and itching to get out!

Hitting the course today boys....DFW high 80, party cloudy, wind 5mph and itching to get out!
Hit 'em stright. I'm gonna' try to work up some coughs here later and slide out myself. 79* and little to no real breeze!

I would be interested, timing is everything of course. I am in west DFW. If we are including the whole state then look into Wolfdancer for a place to play. I have not been there but it looks great and it's somewhat in the middle.

I heard Wolfdancer is a tough course. Very fast greens. I live in North Austin, work at Star Ranch Golf Club in Hutto. Course is in excellent shape.

Where and when is this get together, I'm in the Dallas area visiting SMU with my daughter on the 17-19 of November. I'd play if invited if you don't mind someone from Virginia spoiling the party. Gap

Where and when is this get together, I'm in the Dallas area visiting SMU with my daughter on the 17-19 of November. I'd play if invited if you don't mind someone from Virginia spoiling the party. Gap

Gap it looks like March before we have the get together, but when you get in town remind me and I might be able to get out there with you.

We just couldn't put anything together that quick GW...but there are alot of THPer's in the Dallas area that I bet you could get a round or two in with.

I just looked at Horseshoe Bay...looks great....a little cheaper than Barton Creek...4 courses...3 of them by Robert Trent Jones and a 18 hole par 72 putting course that you get unlimited play on and is lighted and open at night...sounds like fun.

Back