Texas Get Together

Two of the most critical people in helping secure your victory at the Alamo were Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie, neither of which were Texan fellas. In fact, Davy Crockett was born in East TN, about 25 minutes from where I live right now. Mr. Bowie was born in Kentucky. You're both messing with a U.S. History Major and you're both looking like silly Texans.

Whoa whoa whoa. Time to educate. The Battle of the Alamo was lost silly NC guy. Everyone was killed but like 2 guys. Texans of course. Probably lost because it was led by non Texans. It was the battle of San Jacinto where the Texans defeated the Mexican army.

So is this turning into a TX verse NC battle, what course is at the halfway point?

Whoa whoa whoa. Time to educate. The Battle of the Alamo was lost silly NC guy. Everyone was killed but like 2 guys. Texans of course. Probably lost because it was led by non Texans. It was the battle of San Jacinto where the Texans defeated the Mexican army.
No pondering there.

Two of the most critical people in helping secure your victory at the Alamo were Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie, neither of which were Texan fellas. In fact, Davy Crockett was born in East TN, about 25 minutes from where I live right now. Mr. Bowie was born in Kentucky. You're both messing with a U.S. History Major and you're both looking like silly Texans.

That's OK there are a lot of Texans who don't know that we lost at the Alamo. And most who died at the Alamo were fairly recent Irish immigrants. The other problem here is that at that time in Texas almost everyone was from somewhere else so that is pretty much irrelevant. Wondering why anyone would be so jealous of Texas and Texans that they feel like they have to post comments like this. I am not going to touch the history major comment, the post speaks for itself.

Alright..I do in fact know we lost the Battle of the Alamo as I had to spend 6th grade in Texas History class...

<Insert JB Voice>
Let's get back on track with the thread topic.
<Remove JB Voice>

Ok, so I'm in and mcook77 is in (assuming we can get enough people together), sounds like Nate's in as he started the thread in the first place...who else?

There's US History and then there's Texas History. All you non Texans need to know is Texas can still succeed from the Union anytime it wants. BOOM.

Remember the Alamo

Let's get back on track...

I'm in.

Ok, after reading back from post #1, I see the following people wanting in:
1. Nate
2. mcook77
3. 2Shoes
4. TrueFX
5. BigK29
6. threeboysdad
7. ripper
8. TripleBogieTim
9. mhachtx
10. WestTex
11. lullabynoir

If I've left your name off, please repost. Also, if somebody wants to throw a course up other than an Austin, Texas course, now would be the time. Otherwise I think we sould proceed in course selection and dates.

I'm in. I want to meet pjcedog, maybe get a lesson or two about life, Texas, and golf. He seems like a splendid fella.

*just so you know pjceguy, I was just mucking around with some of my buddies on THP who are from Texas. They all know I was kidding and playing around. Sorry to ruffle your MASSIVE TEXAN feathers*

This coming from a guy who's state's biggest claim to fame is a bunch of rednecks driving in circles for 500 miles.

sorry to take thi soff topic again...but its funny how you think about Nascar and not the fact that we were the first state to have an airplane take off the ground. Thats not important at all......sorry, I was enjoying reading this thread and laughing at you and TC going back and forth.

ok...back to golf

I'm in. I want to meet pjcedog, maybe get a lesson or two about life, Texas, and golf. He seems like a splendid fella.

*just so you know pjceguy, I was just mucking around with some of my buddies on THP who are from Texas. They all know I was kidding and playing around. Sorry to ruffle your MASSIVE TEXAN feathers*

That's OK TC we have a lot of fun here and we will give you a big HOWDY when you get here.

378154699_46f918eb1b.jpg

Nothing to see here folks just move on.

Man this thread blew up!

Just to confirm, I'm in! And Go Texas! Just cause.

sorry to take thi soff topic again...but its funny how you think about Nascar and not the fact that we were the first state to have an airplane take off the ground. Thats not important at all......sorry, I was enjoying reading this thread and laughing at you and TC going back and forth.

ok...back to golf
That's ok...I truly love NASCAR (I mean that) and I'm actually a little jealous that you guys live right there by all the shops, plus I never want to miss a chance to see you interrupt a back and forth with somebody with facts... Hope to meet you someday soon!

Wow....I leave the thread for a day and we're invaded by the east coast hicks. Time to unpause Deliverance and get back to watching it boys. Times a wasting!

TC, you spent time in Austin and the top things you agreed upon was the music and margaritas and not one metion of the UT/Austin women in this state. LOL!!! So how much time did you spend under that Austin bridge? Was that you I gave a dollar to in '05? I want it back...........

Last edited:
So are we thinking sometime this fall or something like March? I need something to do over spring break while my wife and her grandmother go to.....wait for it............
Spoiler
D.C

Hah!!! you thought I was gonna say NC didn't you??? ( actually her and her mother went there over the summer lol). Of course as TC pointed out when it comes to driving distance DC might as well be just the next county over if you are use to driving in Texas.

So are we thinking sometime this fall or something like March?.
I'm scheduled out this next month and then we run into the holidays. I play a "year end" tournament November 18, 19, 20 and then the clubs pretty much go on vacation till the first signs of spring. Early spring I will be ready to run!

Wow....I leave the thread for a day and we're invaded by the east coast hicks. Time to unpause Deliverance and get back to watching it boys. Times a wasting!

TC, you spent time in Austin and the top things you agreed upon was the music and margaritas and not one metion of the UT/Austin women in this state. LOL!!! So how much time did you spend under that Austin bridge? Was that you I gave a dollar to in '05? I want it back...........

I slayed some UT chicks. Too conservative for my liking. Austin was a blast. Even swam in the lake one night. No, I wasn't there in 2005, I was there in 2007. And the margarita's are best in San Antonio.

I'd rep you right now but I don't think that'd be on topic.

I slayed some UT chicks. Too conservative for my liking. Austin was a blast. Even swam in the lake one night. No, I wasn't there in 2005, I was there in 2007. And the margarita's are best in San Antonio.
Hippie Hollow chicks don't count.....they wouldn't of remembered you.

You slayed some UT chicks? I think there's a NBC Dateline about that...most Texans are considered conservatives so us Texans will keep that in mind when we're around you and you're around sharp instruments. :D

Margaritas are for chicks, beer is for horses, and whiskey is for men, so I don't have reference to what you're referring to.:cowboy:

Could we please just get a ransom demand to get our thread back :clown:?

Ok, after reading back from post #1, I see the following people wanting in:
1. Nate
2. mcook77
3. 2Shoes
4. TrueFX
5. BigK29
6. threeboysdad
7. ripper
8. TripleBogieTim
9. mhachtx
10. WestTex
11. lullabynoir

If I've left your name off, please repost. Also, if somebody wants to throw a course up other than an Austin, Texas course, now would be the time. Otherwise I think we sould proceed in course selection and dates.

12. Blink1282

im in

Wait wait...UT chicks are conservative?? You can't be talking about the University of Texas...

Class of 2003 there...they were not conservative (politically or..otherwise... :angel:...and are less so now!

Back