Do people really hit flop shots? I get a high lob, but I just don't see many floppers around here. Over the last year, my highest loft has gone down from 60 to 57. I haven't missed that 60 one time. It's your bag though, so you might as well fill it up the way you want, IJ.

I'm actually referring to getting a blade style PW... R12, SM4, 588, whatever the set may be.

Maybe bump the 62* up to 64* for the highest possible flop shots. Bag would potentially look like this:

3W
3H
4-9i
5 wedges
Putter... but since I'll chip everything in I don't need one, so 6 wedges !

really....again. Read the SCOR testing!

Do people really hit flop shots? I get a high lob, but I just don't see many floppers around here. Over the last year, my highest loft has gone down from 60 to 57. I haven't missed that 60 one time. It's your bag though, so you might as well fill it up the way you want, IJ.

Phil does

Phil does

I've seen one guy do it. He could have just hit a chip shot. It was one of the stupidest things I've seen on the course.

My golf instructor insisted I get a 60, but I have taken it out of my bag and added an extra hybrid, I just never use it never had the need to. That being said, it's the first club my best friend and my bro in law both go to around the greens

I've seen one guy do it. He could have just hit a chip shot. It was one of the stupidest things I've seen on the course.

That's what I don't understand. Why would anyone want to use a 60* or higher when for a shot that could be pulled off with a PW, 7 iron, etc? MUCH less chance of a chunk, hosel rocket, etc. I used to be that guy that used the 60* anywhere inside 50 yards, including greenside. I for one am really glad I woke up from that nightmare, and so are my scores.

No joke. Beyond for-real, and the system IS this very thought.

I don't know if you saw this...

Maybe I could pioneer a new trend for amateur golfers who can't hit drivers well and need lots of options around the green due to low GIRs...

I hit a flop out of the rough probably 8/10 times.

Me too. No spin out of the rough, so trajectory is the only way to stop the ball effectively. Gotta get it up out of the rough. So I guess I'm crazy enough to hit flop shots too.

FlopJack is your new screen name. Please email admin@thehackersparadise immediately!

I wonder if you can IceJack someone with a flop shot

I would say it just depends on the couse. It's a nice option to have...especally if you're comfortable with it, but I wouldn't sell my driver for an extra wedge. It's not like you can't change it out depending on where you play.

Me too. No spin out of the rough, so trajectory is the only way to stop the ball effectively. Gotta get it up out of the rough. So I guess I'm crazy enough to hit flop shots too.
You too are crazy. Flop shots are like a last resort type of shot, I like to get the ball rolling as soon as I possibly can, and simply play the roll out from the rough. You know its not going to hit and check, so take a 7 iron and hit it almost like a putt, or a number of other shots.

What are you guys calling a flop shot? I have a hard time believing you are flopping the ball 8/10 times in the rough. Not calling you liars, just wondering if we consider the same thing a flop shot.

You too are crazy. Flop shots are like a last resort type of shot, I like to get the ball rolling as soon as I possibly can, and simply play the roll out from the rough. You know its not going to hit and check, so take a 7 iron and hit it almost like a putt, or a number of other shots.

That doesn't work if you have to go over a bunker.

it's a fun shot to hit, but yup only hit it when I absolutely have to.

What if there's a bunker or something between you and the hole? Or the hole is cut close to the edge of the green that you're near? Just watch it run past the hole and accept a bogey? Why not try for a par save?

What if there's a bunker or something between you and the hole? Or the hole is cut close to the edge of the green that you're near? Just watch it run past the hole and accept a bogey? Why not try for a par save?

obviously then you have to play a different type of shot. But I bet you that you don't have that bunker infront of you 8/10 times you miss the green.

If I have to go over a bunker then of course, you have to play a higher shot, but only if I'm short sided with a bunker between me and the hole would I even consider a flop shot, and even then, yes I might simply hit my ball to a safe spot on the green, and then try and make the putt, worst case scenario now is I make bogey, I"ve taken double totally out of play. This shot probably only comes up once every 4 rounds that I would be forced to flop something.

obviously then you have to play a different type of shot. But I bet you that you don't have that bunker infront of you 8/10 times you miss the green.

You're right, and if all I have is a bunch of fairway and green in front of me of course I won't play a flop. But most of the time (at least at my course) there is something between you and the hole. Maybe we do consider flops different things. I consider it opening the face and leaning forward and slicing underneath the ball to pop it up.

I do...and sometimes small trees, stumps...the tee box for the next hole...cars in the parking lot...

What are you guys calling a flop shot? I have a hard time believing you are flopping the ball 8/10 times in the rough. Not calling you liars, just wondering if we consider the same thing a flop shot.

Flop shot.

Back