I have hit the tours and but just in a sim, not outside. I'm going to be doing a fitting at the Callaway performance center in Vancouver in the near future so it will all be decided then.

I wasn't aware that you were going to do the fitting, looking forward to hearing all about it.

I'm also like JB, it's going to be very hard for me to play anything other than KBS Tour in my irons in the MC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The website looks great, and the fitting tool worked great...put me in my favorite shaft I've ever hit, the KBS Tour 90.

I'm excited to hear more about these and want to try them out badly! Not sure if I am more interested in graphite or steel, but still want to try these out.

The new website is pretty awesome and I like how they make it informative, but also very very user friendly.

Was recommended the Tours. Would love to have them in black nickel.

Went to first fitting session recently for Mizuno irons (hit both MP 53 & 59)...loved the feel & ball flight of the KBS Tour S when I pured it...will definitely be putting these in my new Mizzy's when I decide!!!

I got the KBS Tours in my I-15's last year, I was fitted for them. Best shaft I have ever tried, great feel, distance and ball flight.

I have been gaming the Tour's for a couple of weeks now and am a little unsure of how I feel about them. They do set off a really high ball flight which I don't mind through about 8 iron but after that my 9 iron-LW seem like they are losing a lot of distance due to the ball going so high and just falling dead out of the sky. It's only been a couple of weeks and I have been working thorugh some swing changes so I hope to love them as much as everyone else with time.

I was fit for the shafts I currently use (PX Flighted 5.5) by the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer last year. I went back twice in the past 3 weeks and swung it again and I have gotten the same thing each time. I'm about to buy MP-59s and I've tried the Flighted shafts in them, and I've tried the KBS Tour shafts. The feel of the KBS is amazing, and like JB said earlier in this thread, something he doesn't want to be without. But, that ball flight is just way too high for me. I called Mizuno and asked them how big of a difference hard stepping them would make, and they said it wouldn't do a lot honestly. This saddens me, especially since the C-Taper isn't available to Mizuno as of right now.

I was fit for the shafts I currently use (PX Flighted 5.5) by the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer last year. I went back twice in the past 3 weeks and swung it again and I have gotten the same thing each time. I'm about to buy MP-59s and I've tried the Flighted shafts in them, and I've tried the KBS Tour shafts. The feel of the KBS is amazing, and like JB said earlier in this thread, something he doesn't want to be without. But, that ball flight is just way too high for me. I called Mizuno and asked them how big of a difference hard stepping them would make, and they said it wouldn't do a lot honestly. This saddens me, especially since the C-Taper isn't available to Mizuno as of right now.

I was actually just looking at a set of MP-59s on Ebay with "factory installed" KBS C-Taper shafts. Not sure if I can post the link or not, but just search for Mizuno MP-59 and they are about halfway down the page. Your last sentence makes me wonder which factory installed them.

In hindsight maybe I should have gone with X flex instead of stiff. The Mizuno shaft optimizer said Reg+ but that was hitting inside and I have a mental block and cannot take a normal swing indoors. My instructor said that because of my super quick/violent transition I could get away with X and bring my flight down a little. In the end I was just scared because I know that my SS isn't high enough to support X by normal standards and I was already skeptical of the heavier weight of stiff flex and the X-flex is several more grams. If I could do it over I would probabaly get Stiff hard stepped in irons and X flex in wedges.

I'm torn between the KBS tours and DGS300's. The KBS feel better to me, but the DG's have a more penetrating flight. I'm wondering if the c-tapers could offer me the best of both.

I'm torn between the KBS tours and DGS300's. The KBS feel better to me, but the DG's have a more penetrating flight. I'm wondering if the c-tapers could offer me the best of both.

I am in the exact same boat for my MC irons. Problem is the C-Tapers are not an option. Look forward to seeing what you end up with and how it works for you.

I do believe that the CT's will offer you more of a flight like the S300's, however, I don't think that the CT's feel very much like the KBS Tours. I seem to be in the minority there though.

I do believe that the CT's will offer you more of a flight like the S300's, however, I don't think that the CT's feel very much like the KBS Tours. I seem to be in the minority there though.

I agree with you on the feel and I also agree that we seem to be in the minority.

I agree with you on the feel and I also agree that we seem to be in the minority.

They really feel nothing like the KBS T's to me. THey sure do look good though, and if you need a little lower launch characteristics, they are the ticket. I do have a question (not directed at you necessarily JB) but why is it when someone's looking for lower launch they never mention PX 6.5's or PX 7.0's? I imagine either of those in the non flighted version would launch as low or lower than anything out there.

They really feel nothing like the KBS T's to me. THey sure do look good though, and if you need a little lower launch characteristics, they are the ticket. I do have a question (not directed at you necessarily JB) but why is it when someone's looking for lower launch they never mention PX 6.5's or PX 7.0's? I imagine either of those in the non flighted version would launch as low or lower than anything out there.

i agree that the CT don't feel like the Tours that much at all. They felt very different for me. but after seeing how much they lowered my ball flight compared to the tours at demo day and throughout the weekend hitting them im switching. Im surprised by how many people want the CT compared to the Tours i think the Tours would fit more players better. After seeing VaVince hit his all weekend he even realized they weren't for him and couldn't believe he was fit for them. especially at a Stiff +. i was under the impression the C Tapers were for a very small market of players who can't get their ball flight down. but maybe i am wrong. and the Tour Shafts are a great shaft. as for the PX shafts for some reason i don't get great accuracy that i get with other shafts, with their iron shafts and its even worse with PX graphite shafts. i noticed it a few times trying shafts lastly the i20 hybrid the PX shaft was all over the place Pings shaft was way more consistent. i dunno why that is but i noticed tighter dispersion with almost a different shaft every time. and i think the feel of KBS is a little better than the PX.

I certainly wouldn't disagree with you bucky, and thanks for the response. Kim Braley has said numerous times that the CT's are targeted for a very small population of golfer. I believe that you would fit in that population just fine based on our conversations.

Thanks for the response buddy. It's appreciated.

I certainly wouldn't disagree with you bucky, and thanks for the response. Kim Braley has said numerous times that the CT's are targeted for a very small population of golfer. I believe that you would fit in that population just fine based on our conversations.

Thanks for the response buddy. It's appreciated.

no problem, yeah not to get too off target i don't think the PX shafts are bad shafts i just didn't get the results i got from KBS but my swing is also a little different than most players. lol I hope people don't get the C tapers because of the manliness of getting them and think bad things of KBS shafts because they weren't fit properly plus KBS has a very good shaft fitting tool on their website that anyone can use. i already contacted them and spoke to them also and they were very helpful.

no problem, yeah not to get too off target i don't think the PX shafts are bad shafts i just didn't get the results i got from KBS but my swing is also a little different than most players. lol I hope people don't get the C tapers because of the manliness of getting them and think bad things of KBS shafts because they weren't fit properly plus KBS has a very good shaft fitting tool on their website that anyone can use. i already contacted them and spoke to them also and they were very helpful.

I agree completely with you. We know that most folks just buy what they want, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. I was merely commenting on the fact that the CT's feel nothing like the KBS T's to me, and while they can offer one that lower trajectory that they are looking for, so can a few others. It's great that you know that the other options don't work as well for you.

No question about it, they feel totally different. I stink at golf but I think anyone can game the CTapers. I really think the key with them is if you play a stiff shaft the CTapers should be stiff/soft stepped. My ball flight is still high and get good spin but know where nearly as high as the tours.

I agree completely with you. We know that most folks just buy what they want, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. I was merely commenting on the fact that the CT's feel nothing like the KBS T's to me, and while they can offer one that lower trajectory that they are looking for, so can a few others. It's great that you know that the other options don't work as well for you.

after finally getting a driver shaft this year that finally works for me (with your help, thanks again) i can see the difference that a shaft can make for your game. even though i always bought upgraded shafts such as TP shafts they still didn't work for me and now i have a better understanding of now of how they can hurt peoples games to if not fitted properly. There is such a wealth of knowledge here too. Between you and JB alone its amazing. plus most manufacturers are more than willing to help and get you fit properly for something that will work for you. The guy i spoke with KBS said he would be surprised if i fit into the C tapers until i told him my numbers. I still like the Tour90s in my R11s i am just ballooning to many balls and its ridiculously high and when its windy its nuts. still think im gonna go Hi Revs in my wedges though or Custom Tours

Yeah dude, I get tickled thinking about you with the 90's in your irons. Just not an ideal fit at all.

Yeah dude, I get tickled thinking about you with the 90's in your irons. Just not an ideal fit at all.

they were actually ok during my swing change because i was swinging half speed trying to instill the new swing into my head now that im feeling more comfortable my old swing speeds are back and we have issues. unless you like watching white asteroids falling to earth.

they were actually ok during my swing change because i was swinging half speed trying to instill the new swing into my head now that im feeling more comfortable my old swing speeds are back and we have issues. unless you like watching white asteroids falling to earth.

I know exactly how you feel dude. Trust me. I think people forget that I spent a lot of time testing the CT's in S flex. I felt like the KBS T's in X gave me much better #'s and results. But that's just me.

On the range I thought the C-Tapers were pretty nice, but the course showed me I had no business playing them. I didn't think the ball flight was too low, but I couldn't swing hard enough to make them work.

Back