I know exactly how you feel dude. Trust me. I think people forget that I spent a lot of time testing the CT's in S flex. I felt like the KBS T's in X gave me much better #'s and results. But that's just me.

you also get to test more shafts that aren't readily available to most golfers. i know near me there isn't any places that i can try KBS Shafts and stuff. just like the Miyazakis plus i want something heavier. how many grams are the Tours in X?

you also get to test more shafts that aren't readily available to most golfers. i know near me there isn't any places that i can try KBS Shafts and stuff. just like the Miyazakis plus i want something heavier. how many grams are the Tours in X?

130 grams. You don't have anywhere that has fitting carts?

i dunno that my golftec carries KBS. and im not 100% sure on golfgalaxy. the problem is they have them but don't carry what i need. i know 100% golftec doesn't even carry x flex in most shafts i asked my instructor yesterday when we were eating lunch before our round why not and he said its because NO ONE comes in for lessons with my swing speed. so why carry it.. i guess it makes sense just sucks. now im wondering if my Golf galaxy has them. like i needed another excuse to go there.

i dunno that my golftec carries KBS. and im not 100% sure on golfgalaxy. the problem is they have them but don't carry what i need. i know 100% golftec doesn't even carry x flex in most shafts i asked my instructor yesterday when we were eating lunch before our round why not and he said its because NO ONE comes in for lessons with my swing speed. so why carry it.. i guess it makes sense just sucks. now im wondering if my Golf galaxy has them. like i needed another excuse to go there.

Any golf shop that has fitting carts should have at least one. Especially if they have the Shaft Optimizer.

TC I have to agree with you on the feel of the CT. It kind of a departure from what I have come to expect out of KBS shaft.
The flight isn't as low as the DG that I have played but I feel it is similar. The flight is definitely lower than the Tours and the 90s.
My fear in switching to CT is the longer irons. I traditionally hit a lower ball with the long irons and I'm afraid I would be able to control them going into greens. That's why I like the tours, my ball flight isnt as high with the long irons as the mid and low but I can still chase after pins.
I'm thinking about testing them in an R11 4 iron or 3iron to see the results.

Freddie, you sound like the perfect candidate for Flighted PX shafts or perhaps even the new PXi's my man. A little more help with flight on the longer irons and supreme shot dispersion in the scoring irons.

Any golf shop that has fitting carts should have at least one. Especially if they have the Shaft Optimizer.

good to know. thanks TC you've really been a huge help bro. shafts are still new to me. can't believe i over looked it for so long. especially for my driver i knew that wasn't right for years but didn't think i could do anything about it. Gonna go to GG and see if i can hit the Tours now.

good to know. thanks TC you've really been a huge help bro. shafts are still new to me. can't believe i over looked it for so long. especially for my driver i knew that wasn't right for years but didn't think i could do anything about it. Gonna go to GG and see if i can hit the Tours now.

Have you been on the Shaft Optimizer? Any place that has that should have a full Mizuno fitting cart. In that cart are an assortment of heads (you should use the JPX 800's as they'll set up closest to your R11's). Then they should have the PX's in 6.5 or 7.0, KBS T's in X. I haven't seen CT's in any fitting carts yet around here so you might have to buy one on the bay and give it a whirl. Get some date, keep the head of the iron and the ball the constant. Share the #'s with us and we'll point you in the right direction.

I don't think a high ball flight is bad, as long as your launch angle and spin #'s are on point. The higher it can go with optimal launch/spin the further the ball will carry without ballooning. That's what we want bro.

Have you been on the Shaft Optimizer? Any place that has that should have a full Mizuno fitting cart. In that cart are an assortment of heads (you should use the JPX 800's as they'll set up closest to your R11's). Then they should have the PX's in 6.5 or 7.0, KBS T's in X. I haven't seen CT's in any fitting carts yet around here so you might have to buy one on the bay and give it a whirl. Get some date, keep the head of the iron and the ball the constant. Share the #'s with us and we'll point you in the right direction.

I don't think a high ball flight is bad, as long as your launch angle and spin #'s are on point. The higher it can go with optimal launch/spin the further the ball will carry without ballooning. That's what we want bro.

i think i was on the optimizer for my driver but not for irons. i already ordered my C tapers so ill have them but ill compare the numbers now if theres a huge difference ill switch them out. i did get to hit them most of the weekend at the range and in play and i was blown away with the difference.

Freddie, you sound like the perfect candidate for Flighted PX shafts or perhaps even the new PXi's my man. A little more help with flight on the longer irons and supreme shot dispersion in the scoring irons.
I went backwards from PX Flighted 6.0 to KBS Tour. I just couldn't consistently load the PX anymore. You just have to swing too hard to properly load those shafts to optimize the energy transfer, and it doesn't help that it's all butt weighted.

Just some food for thought.

I am in the exact same boat for my MC irons. Problem is the C-Tapers are not an option. Look forward to seeing what you end up with and how it works for you.

I'll be sure to post what I come up with, but I have to admit a bit of ignorance when it comes to all the different shaft options available nowadays. I always just used to grab TT Dynamic S shafts and call it a day.

I do believe that the CT's will offer you more of a flight like the S300's, however, I don't think that the CT's feel very much like the KBS Tours. I seem to be in the minority there though.

Your input is greatly appreciated man, minority or not. You seem to be well versed in all the latest shaft options (along with some others on here), me, not so much. For example, I don't even know what is meant by "flighted" shafts. I assume it has something to with trajectory, but in what way, I don't know.

.... For example, I don't even know what is meant by "flighted" shafts. I assume it has something to with trajectory, but in what way, I don't know.

You're not alone. I have always thought it meant that the flex point was not constant through the set. Long irons with a lower kick point and short irons with a higher kick point. Maybe TC can school us.

I was actually just looking at a set of MP-59s on Ebay with "factory installed" KBS C-Taper shafts. Not sure if I can post the link or not, but just search for Mizuno MP-59 and they are about halfway down the page. Your last sentence makes me wonder which factory installed them.

Yeah I just found it and that's interesting. According to both KBS and Mizuno, the C-Taper isn't available yet for that club.

TC, I've been thinking a lot about what you said with getting the PX shafts in a stiffer flex to bring my flight down. Not a bad idea at all, and I need to try it out.

Thanks guys. I just happen to be very much into this stuff, so I'm glad I can help. Oregon Golfer is correct about the "flighted" when it comes to PX shafts. The whole idea being that a flighted shaft is to have progressive kick-points. So the long irons have lower kick-points to create a higher launch/flight so those babies come in a little higher and softer and can hold greens. The mid irons feature a mid kick-point to provide more of a "mid" trajectory and the scoring irons have high kick-points to provide a lower launch and flight. The idea being that it tightens up dispersion and accuracy in the irons you really need that.

Some very good info in here. I feel like I just got educated by Paul Casey.

Some very good info in here. I feel like I just got educated by Paul Casey.

LOL....thanks dude. I can tell there's a ton of C-Taper love out there right now, I'm merely pointing out that there are other shafts out there that can offer "lower" ball flights.

I have nothing against C-Tapers, they are beautiful and do what they are intended to do, that's for sure.

TC,
You mention above about lowering ball flight by choosing a stiffer shaft. This CAN work and for those that like the PX shaft, your suggestions will in fact lower ball flight. However there are some side effects that CAN come up by doing so and having a shaft that is too stiff to fit your swing. The shaft of the club is not just about ball flight up and down, but also to help the golfer achieve the best results for their swing in squaring up the club face at the ball. A shaft that is too stiff or too soft can have an adverse affect in this area and lead to issues for the golfer.

TC,
You mention above about lowering ball flight by choosing a stiffer shaft. This CAN work and for those that like the PX shaft, your suggestions will in fact lower ball flight. However there are some side effects that CAN come up by doing so and having a shaft that is too stiff to fit your swing. The shaft of the club is not just about ball flight up and down, but also to help the golfer achieve the best results for their swing in squaring up the club face at the ball. A shaft that is too stiff or too soft can have an adverse affect in this area and lead to issues for the golfer.

True that dude. Josh Ross had informed me that the optimizer reco'd the PX 5.5's for him. He was looking for a way to lower his flight a little bit more so I recommended he move up to 6.0's (in something like PXi's to get the weight down a hair) and soft step them. I also said he could hard step the 5.5's moving forward. I was merely making suggestions.

If you go with a shaft that is too stiff cant that lead to shots going left? For a RH golfer? This is what I saw when I was hitting the i20's and getting fit. The GG PGA Pro suggested moving to the R flex to tighten up dispersion.

If you go with a shaft that is too stiff cant that lead to shots going left? For a RH golfer? This is what I saw when I was hitting the i20's and getting fit. The GG PGA Pro suggested moving to the R flex to tighten up dispersion.

I think it depends buddy. A guy a play regularly with, hits a pretty stock draw. If he has shafts too weak, that draw turns into a nasty hook. I would think it's dependent on the swing.

JB makes some really good points in his post.

Pretty excited to play these in my wedges. Not gonna lie.

Great info in here TC. I'm taking notes hope I pass the final exam! Lol

Pretty excited to play these in my wedges. Not gonna lie.

C-Tapers?

Great info in here TC. I'm taking notes hope I pass the final exam! Lol

haha, there won't be an exam buddy. You know what the ironic thing is: I still don't have a clue if I'm going with in my 588's

Nope the Tour 130's.

Freaking beast! Have you had them before? I had those in my RXT's. YOu're going to like them.

Back