Jrod does not mess around when it comes to shafts. He says make them stiff and hard. :bulgy-eyes:

Jrod does not mess around when it comes to shafts. He says make them stiff and hard. :bulgy-eyes:

He's corn fed.

He's corn fed.

High octane corn. I hawkponder those C tapers but I know they are not the shafts I seek.

Hey TC any chance you've hit the KBS Wedge or Hi Rev shafts. pondering them both for my 588s now.

Hey TC any chance you've hit the KBS Wedge or Hi Rev shafts. pondering them both for my 588s now.

I have not Bucky. I have a lot of experience with the Spinners and the TC shafts in the 588's. I remember the first outing at PGA National. I was over at the short game area working with the Mizuno MP-T11 wedges b/c I believe they were the first wedge to offer Spinners as the stock offering. I bought a set as soon as I got home, LOL

I have the TC shafts now. Just pondering going all KBS but I may leave well enough alone. See how I feel after I get my c tapers installed and get a few rounds under my belt with them

I have the TC shafts now. Just pondering going all KBS but I may leave well enough alone. See how I feel after I get my c tapers installed and get a few rounds under my belt with them

I don't see anything wrong with getting another set of 588's with KBS' in them :alien:

I don't see anything wrong with getting another set of 588's with KBS' in them :alien:

lol i love the wedges enough that i wouldn't mind having another set on stand by. plus im pretty sure the customs have KBS Shaft options. may have to look into that one.

lol i love the wedges enough that i wouldn't mind having another set on stand by. plus im pretty sure the customs have KBS Shaft options. may have to get on my Ebay app and make it rain.

FIFY buddy, LOL

I'm with you though, it's a worthy ponder. Let me ask you this: did you spend any time with the SCOR wedges at Demo Day? I think they have the shafts in them that would suit you too.

Thanks for all of the great talk going on in here, I'm enjoying it.

FIFY buddy, LOL

I'm with you though, it's a worthy ponder. Let me ask you this: did you spend any time with the SCOR wedges at Demo Day? I think they have the shafts in them that would suit you too.

yeah i did spend quite a bit of time with the SCOR. i was impressed but i just dropped close to $500 on 2 588s so they are my wedges for a while. Brett had the Spinners today so i hit them but i still think i may like the feel of the Hi Revs more. wanna get them side by side for a comparison down the road here i think.

i dunno that my golftec carries KBS. and im not 100% sure on golfgalaxy. the problem is they have them but don't carry what i need. i know 100% golftec doesn't even carry x flex in most shafts i asked my instructor yesterday when we were eating lunch before our round why not and he said its because NO ONE comes in for lessons with my swing speed. so why carry it.. i guess it makes sense just sucks. now im wondering if my Golf galaxy has them. like i needed another excuse to go there.

I was able to swing a KBS Tour X flex at my local Golf Galaxy. I was ordering new irons and couldn't decide between S or X. I fell in love with the X. I'm probably between S and X but I love the idea of having full confidence when I decide to really step on one.

I was able to swing a KBS Tour X flex at my local Golf Galaxy. I was ordering new irons and couldn't decide between S or X. I fell in love with the X. I'm probably between S and X but I love the idea of having full confidence when I decide to really step on one.

yeah i couldn't agree more although im nervous about switching shafts i know its something i need to do. and im glad i got plenty of time with the C Tapers at Demo day and during the weekend rounds to know they will do wonders for my ball flight.

Buck, I had the KBS Hi-Rev shafts in my old XFT wedges, now have the Spinners in my 588 wedges. For me, I thought that the Hi-Rev shafts were a little higher launching than the Spinners and also felt a little lighter. Come to think of it, I just hit the new ATV wedges with the Hi-Rev shafts last week, and I thought the same thing: the club felt a little lighter than my 588 wedges with the Spinners. I can't give you a big comparison of spin between the 2 because I'm not really a high spin player to begin with. I haven't hit wedges with the TC shaft enough to give you feedback on those. The Hi-Revs do have that characteristic smooth KBS feel to them, but in saying that, I also don't find the Spinners to be harsh at all.

Buck, I had the KBS Hi-Rev shafts in my old XFT wedges, now have the Spinners in my 588 wedges. For me, I thought that the Hi-Rev shafts were a little higher launching than the Spinners and also felt a little lighter. Come to think of it, I just hit the new ATV wedges with the Hi-Rev shafts last week, and I thought the same thing: the club felt a little lighter than my 588 wedges with the Spinners. I can't give you a big comparison of spin between the 2 because I'm not really a high spin player to begin with. I haven't hit wedges with the TC shaft enough to give you feedback on those. The Hi-Revs do have that characteristic smooth KBS feel to them, but in saying that, I also don't find the Spinners to be harsh at all.

thanks Ary yeah i don't think ill be dissapointed any way that i go. im gonna ponder it at least till i get the C Tapers in and worked out at the range before changing my wedges out if i do at all.

Bucky, if you're looking to lower your flight across the board (even in your wedges) then look no further than the Spinners. They do that well.

I have buck, HiRev launched high for me and the wedge shaft was lower. But the HiRev gave me more spin around the greens.

yeah i did spend quite a bit of time with the SCOR. i was impressed but i just dropped close to $500 on 2 588s so they are my wedges for a while. Brett had the Spinners today so i hit them but i still think i may like the feel of the Hi Revs more. wanna get them side by side for a comparison down the road here i think.

Next time we play I'll bring a Mizzy Mpt 11 with a Hi-Rev shaft and one with a Spinner shaft for you to compare dude...problem solved

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Next time we play I'll bring a Mizzy Mpt 11 with a Hi-Rev shaft and one with a Spinner shaft for you to compare dude...problem solved

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

jackpot! let me know when youre around no rush

Freaking beast! Have you had them before? I had those in my RXT's. YOu're going to like them.

I haven't they always spun to much on my irons but they were a perfect fit for my wedges. I use A LOT of full wedge shots so these should be perfect.

jackpot! let me know when youre around no rush

And Buck, for clarification you hit my razr x black pw with a plain old dg s300 shaft, not the spinner. And even that
Brought your flight down. I LOVE my spinners in my mizzie wedges. The grooves are gone and I can still backem up on the greens. My new favorite shot is the low missile with the 54 degree that hits and checks after 1 hop.

They make the Tour shaft in a S+ flex. I'm currently playing the KBS Tour S in my Wilson Staff FG V2 irons but am thinking about switching them out for a S+ flex. I'm just waiting for my ACL to heal further so I can evaluate the S+ and X with my full clubhead speed.

Back