THP Fantasy Football - Week 2 Thread

I think he still has value. Not Julio Jones for Wes Welker value (yeah I am looking at you Icey) but value nonetheless. Gronkowski and Hernandez are doing the most damage to him but in crunch time Welker is still the go to guy.

I have solid RB's in my league (Doug Martin, LeSean McCoy, Willis McGahee, and Stevan Ridley) but my WR's are iffy (Welker, Dez Bryant, Torrey Smith, Brandon LaFell and McCluster). I'm starting Martin, McCoy, and Ridley at RB/Flex but the WR spot is where I'm having some troubles. Bryant for sure, but would you start Smith, Welker, or possibly McCluster as he got a lot of looks in week one?

I have solid RB's in my league (Doug Martin, LeSean McCoy, Willis McGahee, and Stevan Ridley) but my WR's are iffy (Welker, Dez Bryant, Torrey Smith, Brandon LaFell and McCluster). I'm starting Martin, McCoy, and Ridley at RB/Flex but the WR spot is where I'm having some troubles. Bryant for sure, but would you start Smith, Welker, or possibly McCluster as he got a lot of looks in week one?

I am assuming you mean Steve Smith from the Panthers if so I go with Steve Smith and Welker and not Bryant but thats just me.

I am assuming you mean Steve Smith from the Panthers if so I go with Steve Smith and Welker and not Bryant but thats just me.

Smith as in Torrey Smith.. I wish I had Steve Smith from the Panthers but unfortunately my team is RB heavy lol

I actually think that your top 3 WRs are better than your top 3 RBs. Bryant is a beast, Smith is clearly the #1 receiver in Baltimore and Welker will get his catches. McCoy was probably your first round pick, but then you're rolling the dice on the Pats committing to the run with Ridley and Martin is a rookie.

LOL at overreactions after 1 week of football.

You got your 1 win for the year and now you are going to laugh at everyone? :nono:

War Eagle is coming with a vengeance. I will laugh when Morris becomes your demise. :act-up:

I am ok moving Morris, shot you an offer.
That's the exact trade I was going to send you. I like it. Accepted it.

Send Nate Burleson, Det WR from RB/WR to NOR
Receive Alfred Morris, Wsh RB from NOR to Bench

I'm always open to trade offers, though not actively looking. So shoot me some offers if you see something you like.

Smith as in Torrey Smith.. I wish I had Steve Smith from the Panthers but unfortunately my team is RB heavy lol

Oh, in that case start Bryant and Welker for sure.

Any interest in Mike Goodson of the Raiders? Backup to Darren McFadden currently.
I hope so, I have him in league 2!!!
I think he still has value. Not Julio Jones for Wes Welker value (yeah I am looking at you Icey) but value nonetheless. Gronkowski and Hernandez are doing the most damage to him but in crunch time Welker is still the go to guy.
Gee commish, thanks for calling me out in open forum!!! JK, I sure hope he has value, as either a starter for me moving forward or for a trade!!!

Sent a trade request in league 2.

Sent a trade request in league 2.

Yay accepted. The trade has to be approved by JB. I sent him an email. Victor Cruz and Cedric Benson going from me to Tomahawk for BenJarvis Green Ellis. I need a RB in the worst way and he needs WR. I have Knowshown Moreno and David Wilson for bye weeks. Shonne Greene is my other back. I am happy with the deal.

Last edited:
Good deal Dev. I needed a good WR, and at least a decent RB to replace BJGE. Thanks

I need some advice from my THP friends.... In my other FF league someone dropped Andy Dalton. Do you think he is worth picking up? It is a keeper league so I could potentially keep him for next season as well. I would drop one of my two "back-up" QBs.(Bradford (stl), Palmer (Oak) if I made this move.) My starter is Flacco. Thoughts?

I need some advice from my THP friends.... In my other FF league someone dropped Andy Dalton. Do you think he is worth picking up? It is a keeper league so I could potentially keep him for next season as well. I would drop one of my two "back-up" QBs.(Bradford (stl), Palmer (Oak) if I made this move.) My starter is Flacco. Thoughts?
I would take Dalton over Bradford.

Yay accepted. The trade has to be approved by JB. I sent him an email. Victor Cruz and Cedric Benson going from me to Tomahawk for BenJarvis Green Ellis. I need a RB in the worst way and he needs WR. I have Knowshown Moreno and David Wilson for bye weeks. Shonne Greene is my other back. I am happy with the deal.

I bet you post about this trade in the rant of the day thread in the future. Nice deal for TH.

I would take Dalton over Bradford.

Particularly in a keeper league, I think Dalton would be an upgrade over Bradford or Palmer personally.

I'd take Palmer over the other 2.

If the trade or add/drop costs money, I wouldn't make a change. And, I am a TCU (Dalton) AND OU (Bradford) fan. If it's free, my preference is Bradford. I think he'll be allowed to sling it more than Dalton, who is more of a game manager. Palmer can have big games. But, he's very inconsistent.

Flacco will be a beast this year. 4000 yards on his horizon.

Also, I looked at a Dynasty ranking of QB's and the rankings were:
17. Flacco, 27
18. Bradford, 24
21. Palmer, 32
23. Dalton, 24

For all leagues, do not forget to set your lineup if you have players going this evening.

I bet you post about this trade in the rant of the day thread in the future. Nice deal for TH.

You would know about having regrets over trading Victor Cruz away.

I agree with you though, I think it's lopsided in favor of Tomahawk.

I hope the trade between TH and Dev works out, but I really like it for TH.

While it is a tough trade, it is one that the commissioners office will allow. There is nothing to show that it is too far lopsided and/or there was malice involved.

You would know about having regrets over trading Victor Cruz away.

I agree with you though, I think it's lopsided in favor of Tomahawk.

I think in the long run the deal could work better for TH than Dev. But hell Dev is the one who offered it, so I would not oppose it at all. And yes, I should have traded you Nicks instead of Cruz.

While it is a tough trade, it is one that the commissioners office will allow. There is nothing to show that it is too far lopsided and/or there was malice involved.

Good, I hate when trades get vetoed

Back