THP Fantasy Football - Week 2 Thread

I bet you post about this trade in the rant of the day thread in the future. Nice deal for TH.
In order to get something you have to give something. He is just about the only person in the league that has any depth at RB. The only way I will regret this is if Benson goes HAM but I doubt it. I have Vincent Jackson and Julio Jones as my WR's and they will play every week until bye weeks. I am happy at WR.

You would know about having regrets over trading Victor Cruz away.

I agree with you though, I think it's lopsided in favor of Tomahawk.
Any time you do a 2 for 1 trade its going to be lopsided but I think BJE will have a big year and I needed it at RB in the worst way.

I hope the trade between TH and Dev works out, but I really like it for TH.
I like it for both of us. I dont think anyone is giving BJE any credit.

So, I lost to a semi-auto pick in Week 1. That hurt. My blind Auburn homerism may do me in if Cam doesnt have a big fantasy year. Maybe the Bucs are just really good on Defense? Whodathunkit?

Week 2 rolls around, I have a pending trade with a Nordic God aka Mr. Dooken with me sending Nate Burleson for his Alfred Morris? Will this solve my RB issues? Hopefully, but probably not, but it's better than what I have right now and I love making trades.

So, this is what I am facing in Week 2. I am facing Dr. Dolphin, he is a 14 pt favorite. He's bringing Drew Brees, the bionic Jamaal Charles and a lawfirm against my team of stragglers from Week 1... Can Cam bounce back against the Saints? Will Weeden throw another 23 picks this week to the Bengals defense I have in play? Did I really pick a Kicker up off Waivers thats projected out at 13 pts?

Should be a fun week 2!

Blind homerism FTW....:D
That is funny.

I think you should just trade off your team and call it a year.

So, I lost to a semi-auto pick in Week 1. That hurt. My blind Auburn homerism may do me in if Cam doesnt have a big fantasy year. Maybe the Bucs are just really good on Defense? Whodathunkit?

Week 2 rolls around, I have a pending trade with a Nordic God aka Mr. Dooken with me sending Nate Burleson for his Alfred Morris? Will this solve my RB issues? Hopefully, but probably not, but it's better than what I have right now and I love making trades.

So, this is what I am facing in Week 2. I am facing Dr. Dolphin, he is a 14 pt favorite. He's bringing Drew Brees, the bionic Jamaal Charles and a lawfirm against my team of stragglers from Week 1... Can Cam bounce back against the Saints? Will Weeden throw another 23 picks this week to the Bengals defense I have in play? Did I really pick a Kicker up off Waivers thats projected out at 13 pts?

Should be a fun week 2!

If you pickedup Zurlein I think he is going to have a great year. He was absolute money in the preseason. I live with a bunch of Rams fans so I was informed of how good of a leg he has and he hasn't dissapointed thus far.

Blind homerism FTW....:D
That is funny.
It's funny, because it's true.

I think you should just trade off your team and call it a year.
Im not scared of you Deano.
If you pickedup Zurlein I think he is going to have a great year. He was absolute money in the preseason. I live with a bunch of Rams fans so I was informed of how good of a leg he has and he hasn't dissapointed thus far.
I did pickup Zurlein. I think it's the first time I have ever looked at Waivers for a kicker?

It was the same for me too Ryan, but I cant deny the fact that the Rams have trouble punching it in and the dude hasnt missed from inside 60 at all in the preseason or regular season.

It was the same for me too Ryan, but I cant deny the fact that the Rams have trouble punching it in and the dude hasnt missed from inside 60 at all in the preseason or regular season.

They said he can hit bombs from 70.. Dude is legit, not janikowski legit, but on his way

They said he can hit bombs from 70.. Dude is legit, not janikowski legit, but on his way

Yep. I am glad to have him, especially with the inability for the Rams to score at times

I like the deal. Dev wanted BJGE but I was reluctant to give him up for a WR (even Cruz) when my #4 RB barely plays. I don't like Benson, but at least he plays and I keep a little depth at RB, while getting a stud WR. Straight up trade and I would have been in bad shape at RB if I had an injury or during bye weeks.

I'm feeling OK going into week 2, but Wes Welker is now the bane of my existence, I want to love him and think he'll do find the rest of the year, but I'm full of doubt!!!

So I proposed this trade in my other league.

I send: Stevan Ridley, Wes Welker, and Joe Flacco

I receive: Darren McFadden, Jeremy Maclin, and Matt Ryan

Any thoughts? I am hoping to capitalize on Ridley's big opening week (and McFadden's dismal one) while swapping Welker's consistency for Maclin's big play ability. Flacco and Ryan are both backup QB's for us, but thought I'd throw that in there and see if he bites.

So I proposed this trade in my other league.

I send: Stevan Ridley, Wes Welker, and Joe Flacco

I receive: Darren McFadden, Jeremy Maclin, and Matt Ryan

Any thoughts? I am hoping to capitalize on Ridley's big opening week (and McFadden's dismal one) while swapping Welker's consistency for Maclin's big play ability. Flacco and Ryan are both backup QB's for us, but thought I'd throw that in there and see if he bites.

Ryan as a backup QB? Dang......
With the receiving core that he has this year he will be a stud!

Yay accepted. The trade has to be approved by JB. I sent him an email. Victor Cruz and Cedric Benson going from me to Tomahawk for BenJarvis Green Ellis. I need a RB in the worst way and he needs WR. I have Knowshown Moreno and David Wilson for bye weeks. Shonne Greene is my other back. I am happy with the deal.

You would know about having regrets over trading Victor Cruz away.
I agree with you though, I think it's lopsided in favor of Tomahawk.

While it is a tough trade, it is one that the commissioners office will allow. There is nothing to show that it is too far lopsided and/or there was malice involved.

I think in the long run the deal could work better for TH than Dev. But hell Dev is the one who offered it, so I would not oppose it at all. And yes, I should have traded you Nicks instead of Cruz.
Good, I hate when trades get vetoed

Give me a stud WR and a crappy RB and I'll give you an average RB. Deal? Deal!

Once Starks is healthy, Benson will be riding pine. GB will find out how unmotivated Benson can get when he's not on a run first team.

CoolBreeze is projected to beat me this weekend.. I wont lose to a CFLer

Dean was not on yesterday so just caught the trade.

Ryan as a backup QB? Dang......
With the receiving core that he has this year he will be a stud!

He has Cam and I assume that he'll roll with him if he puts up numbers anything like last year. I have no idea if he'll take that trade, but if so Ryan may oust Stafford as my starter.

I have a big edge projected against Hanks but I think it will be close this week. Several people trying to trade for my RB's but I made the move with War that depleted my depth until Fred Jackson is healthy. Fairly happy with my team right now but it is early.

I have a big edge projected against Hanks but I think it will be close this week. Several people trying to trade for my RB's but I made the move with War that depleted my depth until Fred Jackson is healthy. Fairly happy with my team right now but it is early.

I'm willing to add depth back to your team.

I'm willing to add depth back to your team.

A see this but it is so early in the season. Not willing to give up my #1 draft pick just yet. You guys are trade happy which will make for a fun season.

A see this but it is so early in the season. Not willing to give up my #1 draft pick just yet. You guys are trade happy which will make for a fun season.

I'm coming back with 1 more offer

Fire when ready.

He has Cam and I assume that he'll roll with him if he puts up numbers anything like last year. I have no idea if he'll take that trade, but if so Ryan may oust Stafford as my starter.

I would take Ryan over Stafford any day of the week.

Whodat is a tough nut to crack. I think I can break him though

Back