2013 Morgan Cup Videos Due 10/20/12

Well "Arnold" , I know when I finished editing my video in iMovie the times were :59 and :29 just like my friend Smalls. When I uploaded them to You Tube and it plays, it shows on my computer the time going from :59 directly to 1:01 and :29 to :31. It has happened I guess to other who used both iMovie and Windows movie maker. I decided not to concern myself with it as the last half second of either video is not really pressing to my message. JB went further and announced that it will not be a concern they will just stop the videos at the proper time and not worry about the "extra" content, if any

Yea, my bio says 1:01 when you see it listed with other videos, but when you click play it jumps back to :59 which is what it was when I uploaded. I would go by the time it says when you actually click play.

Just sent mine fingers crossed.... I didn't realize how fast 30 seconds goes by.

Tbird I didn't either til I started jotting ideas down.

Tapping my way forward as a MC hopeful

I hope you and I can get a match together Gordon, if we aren't on the same team. Our round in Iowa was a pure blast. This is assuming both of us make it in! (Or either of us for that matter!)

This should go in another thread actually.

I would like that Mike, but like you said I hope our videos are good enough versus what I expect to be tremendous competition this year. JB said it well when he said he was glad he is not on the panel. I think there will be quite a few great videos like last year and the process will be a tough one. Some good THPers with some great videos are not going to make it and that is part of this also. ( Unless there is a fifth and/or sixth team out there that we dont know about...LOL )

Wife encouraged me to submit my vids. Had to reshoot but it's better than nothing right?

Listen to your wife.. she is a smart woman!! :clapp:

Yes she is! She was first saying no, then yes, then back to no....smart and quirky!

It's nice knowing that, selected or not, I will be at the Morgan Cup in July. I have a great wife.

Way to go Jeff! I hope to see you in July in Myrtle Beach!

You too Travis. I'm pumped.

How long until you guys received your confirmation? I know GG is probably busy I just want to make sure, and give myself time in case anything was incorrect.

I'm confident but not cocky with my videos. To be honest, I'm kind of glad I wasn't picked for the first 2 MCs. It would've been awesome to be there with all of the great guys but I wasn't a good enough forum member before. I truly feel like a new man on here and I've worked hard to be the best THPer I could be and I hope that is seen in my vids and in my posts.

Edit: spelling...

Last edited:
Less than 2 hours left!

I'm confident but not cocky with my videos. To be honest, I'm kind of glad I wasn't picked for the first 2 MCs. I would've been awesome to be there with all of the great guys but I wasn't a good enough forum member before. I truly feel like a new man on here and I've worked hard to be the best THPer I could be and I hope that is seen in my vids and in my posts.

JUst for you realizing that, admitting to it and trying to make the change I am pulling for you. Also cause you are a good friend but the first part is the important stuff. :D

Less than 2 hours left!

Thank you Capt. Obvious!! :D

Hmmm... all this talk of "Movie Maker" has me a little worried. Mine is just straight up as-is, I hope being raw and genuine counts for something. :D

Hmmm... all this talk of "Movie Maker" has me a little worried. Mine is just straight up as-is, I hope being raw and genuine counts for something. :D

All I did with Movie Maker was trim the beginning and the end of my bio. Basically from the time I hit record until I got to the front of the camera and then the time it took me to walk back and turn it off. I did do a little editing on the promo, but nothing fancy.

The cool thing about Movie Maker is because it saves your movie as a smaller file, it takes a lot less time to upload to YouTube.

Can't wait to see Jersey Nates videos.....speaking of movie maker.

I can't wait to see all of them!

No doubt. I looked back on last years a ton. They are so fun to look at

Back