Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does look pretty cool. So...you just plug your internet in to it?

Sure do. Mine goes from modem to wireless router to device. Then we have our phone into the device. Our phone system is one of those ones that has a base unit and 5 handsets, and they are all working, so for now, it seems like it will work for us.

Sure do. Mine goes from modem to wireless router to device. Then we have our phone into the device. Our phone system is one of those ones that has a base unit and 5 handsets, and they are all working, so for now, it seems like it will work for us.
If I had any need for a home phone, this would be the way I would go.

The concept sounds great, and you seemed pretty excited about it the other day.. Hopefully you get what you need out of it.

Pretty sweet update coming out for the S3 soon...

Multiwindow is incredible. I cannot wait for this update.

I want that update. I loaded music on to my S3 this morning and was thinking while getting out of the car how cool it would be if the music player opened or started when I plugged in the headphones.

I want that update. I loaded music on to my S3 this morning and was thinking while getting out of the car how cool it would be if the music player opened or started when I plugged in the headphones.
That's one of the things I love about the Note that has these features. Headphones or Bluetooth gets plugged in, most often used apps associated with that get an extra page of apps added on while it is connected/plugged in. Basically, I plug my headphones in, and the Music/Spotify/Youtube apps open in a popup window.

Same thing with the S Pen. I pull the pen out, and a note tab opens. It's quite convenient.

Here's part 2

[video=youtube_share;o7SEBepku-4]http://youtu.be/o7SEBepku-4[/video]

Had mine for over a year now and really enjoy it. Got the handset that goes with it, but would have just gone with a cheaper wireless piece if I had known all the extra features are not really worth it.

Finally made the jump to an SSD drive for my laptop...HUGE improvement. Grabbed the Extreme 240G drive at Micro Center for $150, couldn't beat the price and performance is just outstanding!

Not automated, but you can program these chips to do just about anything you want. The app is free for Android and they are also re-writable so your not stuck with replacing them all the time.

Looking into what tasks could be completed with these little poker chips is pretty cool. Have one on the car keychain to enable BT audio and launch my Kenwood music app, turns on the handsfree and pairs to my radio. Touch it again and it reverses the process.

Have one attached to the counter as I walk in at home to turn on my WIFI and shut off everything else, etc.

Here is a link of what I thought to be a good deal: http://tagsfordroid.com/tags/Home.html

Do the tags hold any info on you or are they just a tag with a number, and then the phone is programmed to read the number and do certain things?

Also, is there any security with the tags? It seems as if I could make up tag numbers and try to mess with your phone.

Anyways, just my nfc-paranoia kicking in. :D

Cheers.

Not automated, but you can program these chips to do just about anything you want. The app is free for Android and they are also re-writable so your not stuck with replacing them all the time.

Here is a link of what I thought to be a good deal: http://tagsfordroid.com/tags/Home.html

Pretty sweet update coming out for the S3 soon...

This looks incredible. Multi-window? Oh yeah!!!

I just need to reset my S3 to get the darn copy/paste feature working.. It was KILLING me while playing TB on Saturday not to actively share photos.

Do the tags hold any info on you or are they just a tag with a number, and then the phone is programmed to read the number and do certain things?

Also, is there any security with the tags? It seems as if I could make up tag numbers and try to mess with your phone.

Anyways, just my nfc-paranoia kicking in. :D

Cheers.

No info, just macros that you program in. Haven't tested to see how many you can do, but the memory is pretty small per chip. I programmed three macros for the one that goes on my keychain for the truck. It's the one I use the most and worth every penny just for that one tag. Pretty open to what you can make them do, but will just stick with tasks.

I'm in the same boat as you as far as financial info and NFC...won't do it. Well aside from the free $10 they were giving away to jump start it, then cancelled the account.

Really liking that multi window! Can't wait to get it for my phone as well.

Anyone have preferences for mail apps for Mac?

I've been using Sparrow and really enjoying it, but they were purchased (I believe by Google) and have since kind of struggled.. Considering my other options right now.

I'm looking for low end abilities, just send/receive/respond kind of thing. Outlook as an example would be too cumbersome.

I've been using Sparrow and really enjoying it, but they were purchased (I believe by Google) and have since kind of struggled.. Considering my other options right now.

I'm looking for low end abilities, just send/receive/respond kind of thing. Outlook as an example would be too cumbersome.
What mail service are you using?

Does Apple Mail not do what you are looking for?

Does Apple Mail not do what you are looking for?

I used it for a bit.. It had a very outlook feel to it if I remember correctly, and I couldn't reduce the size enough to fit it into the small space I have created in my "chat/mail/twitter" desktop.

That's what I was trying to say with 'low end' offerings.. Basically treating email as a long winded messenger app because for my personal email, that's really all I do. Sparrow does a great job of accomplishing that, it just struggles here and there.

Awe. Now I see. I have never looked for much in that realm, because I like Outlook quite a bit (not at all for Mac by the way). Im sure they are out there, but I think the Thunderbirds and stuff I have tried are too big for you.

Awe. Now I see. I have never looked for much in that realm, because I like Outlook quite a bit (not at all for Mac by the way). Im sure they are out there, but I think the Thunderbirds and stuff I have tried are too big for you.

It's kind of a strange concept, I know, but I use outlook for my work every day and want to step away from it when I interact socially.

I also didn't care for outlook for mac, it just seemed very cumbersome. And that's when I actually wanted a top tier program for mail.

how much would a sd card reader be at best buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back