Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, talk to Jake, he fanagled his satellite radio company on the cheap!

You taking the system out of the HHR? I was bummed you didn't bump that for me.
I did too. I was going to cancel, but I somehow worked my way in to getting a year for $39.99
really? that would be awesome man, I was looking to get the commuter, I really liked mine on the 3GS
Yeah, let me check and see what I have, but I will let you know tonight and can get them out to you.

I know for sure I have a Defender, Commuter and an Apple Bumper.

Swiftkey "flow" Beta was released today for those that signed up for it (I did).

Swiftkey is a keyboard on Google Play, and one that I have used since I moved back to Android from iOS. I had played around with Swiftkey and Swype, and while I liked the features of swype and the ease of use with one hand and how accurate it was, regular typing on the Swype keyboard was miserable, so I always choose to stick with Swiftkey.

Add the "flow" in to the Swiftkey keyboard, and it's the best of both worlds. Easy to use with one hand and swipe across the keys, as well as still great for regular two handed typing. It's working well for me so far.

I was just reading about it a little bit ago. I'm going to sign up.

Swiftkey "flow" Beta was released today for those that signed up for it (I did).

Swiftkey is a keyboard on Google Play, and one that I have used since I moved back to Android from iOS. I had played around with Swiftkey and Swype, and while I liked the features of swype and the ease of use with one hand and how accurate it was, regular typing on the Swype keyboard was miserable, so I always choose to stick with Swiftkey.

Add the "flow" in to the Swiftkey keyboard, and it's the best of both worlds. Easy to use with one hand and swipe across the keys, as well as still great for regular two handed typing. It's working well for me so far.

I missed this... Will sign up if I still can.

I was just reading about it a little bit ago. I'm going to sign up.
I like it on my tablet as well, much improved over current version of Swype, IMO.

I like it on my tablet as well, much improved over current version of Swype, IMO.

I use touchpal on my tablet. Works well for me.
Stupid swiftkey site is giving me the run around. Send me the apk

I use touchpal on my tablet. Works well for me.
Stupid swiftkey site is giving me the run around. Send me the apk
Sent you the email.

I did too. I was going to cancel, but I somehow worked my way in to getting a year for $39.99

Yeah, let me check and see what I have, but I will let you know tonight and can get them out to you.

I know for sure I have a Defender, Commuter and an Apple Bumper.

that's so awesome of you man, I'll take whatever you want to get rid of haha

kind of digging it War.

kind of digging it War.
I am too. I like having the option to use either, without having to change keyboards in the settings. Plus, it works quite well using it either way.
Thanks. Downloading.
Let me know what you think.

I am too. I like having the option to use either, without having to change keyboards in the settings. Plus, it works quite well using it either way.

Let me know what you think.

Predictions still work well and spelling is pretty point on. Just swyped all of this except for the word swype!

Predictions still work well and spelling is pretty point on. Just swyped all of this except for the word swype!

i like that you can just swipe away and don't need to stop mid sentence.

I don't like that I can't hit the space bar at the end of the sentence to get a period though. Will need to get used to that.

I don't like that I can't hit the space bar at the end of the sentence to get a period though. Will need to get used to that.

I've always hit period myself so I didn't even notice. It is a beta though, after all.

JB, I got the Jaybird SB2's in the mail last night and gave them a bit of a run through with several different types of music. Rap, rock (like Avenged Sevenfold and old Papa Roach) , country, and a tad of R&B. Also ran with them this morning for about 3.5 miles.

Initial thought out of the box is that they should be just durable enough to withstand a little abuse but not a ton. They seem a lot more sturdy before you extend the ear pieces out. Once extended they become a little flimsy.

Pairing is a cinch and I like the charger for it since there isn't a little flimsy rubber door to move on and off. It's like a 2mm jack or something along those lines.

The rubber lining really holds it in place well. Not a budge from it during my run and only a mild bit of wiggling around while I was doing some set ups.

The speakers themselves aren't bad. They sound fairly good. More driven towards bass, but not in a way that it drowns everything else out. Mids and highs are still fairly clean and as good as you can expect from a set of headphones that aren't made by an audiophile driven company. One disclaimer is that they aren't terribly loud. More than loud enough for sure but they didn't get into that uncomfortably loud level that some can. Good part about that is that you can't turn them up to the point of distortion.

Hope that helps some if you were still thinking of getting them for Morgan.

looks like I'm going to get my iPhone 4s today!! lol

Really enjoying the SwiftKey Flow keyboard. It's super intuitive and easy to use with a good sense for spellcheck. There are a few words it doesn't pick up on but nothing major. Saves a ton of time for sure.

Really enjoying the SwiftKey Flow keyboard. It's super intuitive and easy to use with a good sense for spellcheck. There are a few words it doesn't pick up on but nothing major. Saves a ton of time for sure.

I'm still looking out as well, works quite well for me and seems to be quicker than swype. I like that either way you use it, it works great.

I'm still looking out as well, works quite well for me and seems to be quicker than swype. I like that either way you use it, it works great.

Yep. Just found out in the college football thread that it can't spell Malaga though. Malam is what I get. That's okay though because it can spell Butch Jones!!!

Yep. Just found out in the college football thread that it can't spell Malaga though. Malam is what I get. That's okay though because it can spell Butch Jones!!!

Just saw this... Meant to say Malzahn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back