Very few actual reviews on these. Far fewer reviews than jokes about the color. I hit them and they totally amazed. I do not have a consistent swing but when I made a swing that felt correct they went longer than anything I have hit including bladezz and about the same dispersion. They are giving them away on eBay with the stock shafts. 4-gap 299 shipped. The seller I am buying through charges 25 for lie adjustment. I have dealt with them before and they have fantastic feedback. Grips are. Not worth worrying about and the cavity is no worse looking than Diablo Edge or RBZ. Can't wait to get to Tampa in January for my 3 day golf school.

Enjoy your purchase CHASD3 I was very surprised when I tried these but I let the launch monitors data make my descision , I agree when you pure one out of the center of the clubhead it has such a fantastic feel...ball flight...and distance ...I hope you enjoy them as much as I am enjoying mine .....

Very few actual reviews on these. Far fewer reviews than jokes about the color. I hit them and they totally amazed. I do not have a consistent swing but when I made a swing that felt correct they went longer than anything I have hit including bladezz and about the same dispersion. They are giving them away on eBay with the stock shafts. 4-gap 299 shipped. The seller I am buying through charges 25 for lie adjustment. I have dealt with them before and they have fantastic feedback. Grips are. Not worth worrying about and the cavity is no worse looking than Diablo Edge or RBZ. Can't wait to get to Tampa in January for my 3 day golf school.

I saw these on the bay to and wanted them but can't afford irons. I was gonna buy these and trade the 8-GW in for the Forged version. they both look outstanding. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy them. Don;t forget to post back here again and tell us how they're doing. Have fun, and happy hacking!

That's a really nice deal. Enjour your purchase. Hope to hear more about these irons from you.

Just recent ordered new set myself. I felt they were the best clubs for feel for me of all the ones I have checked out. And I actually IMO like the look of the heads very much. Good deal and good luck with them. Hope it all works out well for you. Grips can always easily be changed if you so chose to do so. But if you like um thats all that matters.

I have been enjoying my Cobra AMP Forged Irons for the past few months and glad I went back to a forged club. This clubs feel great and have alot of forgiveness for a players club IMHO.

I have been enjoying my Cobra AMP Forged Irons for the past few months and glad I went back to a forged club. This clubs feel great and have alot of forgiveness for a players club IMHO.
I hit these indoors at a practice facility so feel is really I can report back. I have been working on a more inside to square path as I battle on over the top cast move that would make a fly fisherman jealous. All my strikes were center or in toward heel rather than my usual toe miss. Was amazed that the 4 iron hits were low center face as well. Ball jumps off the face. Noticeably well balanced as I could really feel the club head more. I really think these
light weight shafts coupled with the lower lofted "jacked" clubs works well. The new Cally X, Rocketbladez and the amps all have lightweight shafts as standard offering and suggest considering that before going with a shaft you may be fitted for in another club. I think the head a shaft is used in is as important as anything. I am pleased so far but really need to get outdoors or on a monitor soon.

Going back to Cobra irons. Well at least I bought a set of Cobra amp irons on ebay yesterday. R flex graphite shafts .
Really loved the solid feel when I demo them a month or so ago. I really haven't seen too many bad reviews on them other than the orange color , doesn't really bother me.
I was a real Cobra iron fan before, playing the cxi, ssi, 3100, and fp irons in the past. Could not resist any longer, had to give them a shot at making the starting line up with my Cobra Baffler hybrids. gb

Going back to Cobra irons. Well at least I bought a set of Cobra amp irons on ebay yesterday. R flex graphite shafts .
Really loved the solid feel when I demo them a month or so ago. I really haven't seen too many bad reviews on them other than the orange color , doesn't really bother me.
I was a real Cobra iron fan before, playing the cxi, ssi, 3100, and fp irons in the past. Could not resist any longer, had to give them a shot at making the starting line up with my Cobra Baffler hybrids. gb

Congrats. They are a pretty good deal right now.

Hit these outdoors for the first time and was more than happy with the results. It was 34 degrees and light breeze. First shot with 3/4 swing gap wedge and landed it a few feet from an 86 yd target Nice!! Ground is snow covered so no attention paid to what happened after landing. Working on inside to square path (OTT issue) and really had positive results. 7 Iron was going 160 carry and a few had baby draw. I usually hit a 7 155 TOTAL. 4 Iron is what really blew me away. My first swing produced a high straight shot that went well beyond the 190 flag. Really hard to tell how much past but with rollout it would have gone 210plus I'm sure. I over swung my next several shots due to elation with more familiar long iron results. Went back to the wedges to regain tempo and really had good results all around. Plenty of misfits especially when trying to get cute but overall I am really happy especially for what I paid. I had the lie bent up 2 degrees so the specs were similar to my Ping G20s but they were much longer and easier to align due to less offset. I struggle with alignment and more so with offset clubs. Really glad I did not let the bright orange scare me away, I actually like the Orange now. GO TIME...

Nice to see there are a few people liking these irons. I hadn't really seriously considerd them, but I happened to hit these on a sim at a golf shop in the area a weekend or two ago and was pleasantly surprised - liked the feel, liked the look at address, and (though I am sure the yardage was a little jacked up on the machine) loved the distance. Would really be interested in testing these side by side with my current irons (G15s)...if they performed close to how they did on the sim in real life, they'd be hard to beat at their current price since it seems they can be had for about 400 bucks most places.

I love the fact that the AMP Forged run 4-GW, that's an awesome set for sure, it gives me an extra iron I don't have (4) and an extra wedge (GW).

My amps just came in , going to hit them at the doom this weekend. Just curious , for those that have played them for awhile how are they around the green for chipping and pitch shots ?
thanks gb

Got a chance to hit these on the weekend . Nice ,very solid , easy to hit. Found them very accurate and about a club longer than my TM Burner Plus irons . I was hitting off mats the simulate a tight lie and the sole on these out preformed the TM , really got the ball up nicely. The 6 iron was so easy to hit I may add the 5 iron. Looking forward to taking the Amps on my winter golf vacation.
gb

A guy I played with on the weekend just sold his AP1s for some Cobra AMPs, and he prefers the Cobras. And there's a lot of love out there for AP1s!

I played 9 on Saturday; my second round, and third range session with them since I got 'em. Had my best round to date too, a 39! 6 pars, 3 bogies, and hit 7 of 9 greens. The GW was like throwing darts at the greens, just felt like I couldn't miss the green with this club in my hands. Hit the 5 iron off the tee [actually, off the ground, no tee involved :) ] on one par 3 hole. The loft of the AMP 5 iron is the same as my old 4 iron, and I never hit it too well. This one flew nice and high, landed on the front edge and rolled up pin high. Unfortunately, the pin was on the far other side of the green and I 2-putted, but it was still par.

Loving them more and more every time I swing them. :banana:

39 Nice.. I see you have the sand wedge . How do you like it on full shots & the beach? I have never played blade style wedges that well other of than a lob wedge so I was thinking of adding one.
thanks gb

I actually just ordered it Sunday from TGW.com. The reason I ordered it was because I did not use my sand wedge out of the sand, I use my LW for that. That's the wedge I use from 85 and in, out of the sand, and mostly all around the green. So for the most part, the old SW just sat in the bag. I did use it on full shots from 95-100, but was never very confident with it. With the way the GW works for me, I figured I would try the AMP SW too.

I actually just ordered it Sunday from TGW.com. The reason I ordered it was because I did not use my sand wedge out of the sand, I use my LW for that. That's the wedge I use from 85 and in, out of the sand, and mostly all around the green. So for the most part, the old SW just sat in the bag. I did use it on full shots from 95-100, but was never very confident with it. With the way the GW works for me, I figured I would try the AMP SW too.

I think that a one-wedge setup like this would work really good for me as well. I only use my 52 and 56 for full shots (or darn near) anyways and I use my 60* for everything inside of 85 yards. Would make it cheaper to replace wedges as well, since they wear out quicker than other clubs.

I am intrigued.

I got a set of cobra amps and I have to say i was pleasantly surprised. Im not a huge fan of cast clubs or GI clubs but i really like these. I just got them to sell them because i got a really good deal but they may have the best feel for a non forged club. They are rather workable for this style.

I played 9 on Saturday; my second round, and third range session with them since I got 'em. Had my best round to date too, a 39! 6 pars, 3 bogies, and hit 7 of 9 greens. The GW was like throwing darts at the greens, just felt like I couldn't miss the green with this club in my hands. Hit the 5 iron off the tee [actually, off the ground, no tee involved :) ] on one par 3 hole. The loft of the AMP 5 iron is the same as my old 4 iron, and I never hit it too well. This one flew nice and high, landed on the front edge and rolled up pin high. Unfortunately, the pin was on the far other side of the green and I 2-putted, but it was still par.

Loving them more and more every time I swing them. :banana:
Love that you're getting such solid results! Sounds like the set is perfect for you.

Is it bad that I want to try these out even though I am totally happy with my Altitudes? I was wondering how everyone is still fairing with these clubs. No reviews lately so I figured I'd give the thread a bump. Anyone compare these with the cells? Are the cells a significant improvement over these?

I just bought a 4-GW set of these online for a great deal this week. I was unable to find a new set locally. I hit 100 balls at the range this afternoon for my first session with them. It was only 45 degrees and drizzling with a 15 mph wind right in the face. I absolutely loved hitting them, and could immediately notice an upgrade from my outdated Tommy Armour 845's. I love the look at address and the overall feel of the club weight, grips, etc. I've always been ok with the color, but after looking at them in my bag for the past three days I really dig the color. I hit them surprisingly well considering the poor conditions, and the fact it was my first time out since last season. I have a tee time tomorrow afternoon (I guess technically that's today) and am really excited to get these on the course and see what they do for me! Hopefully the new equipment will help me consistently break 90, which has previously only happened a couple times a year.

Back