I like all the AMP buzz.

The orange is still ugly but no denying the clubs are pretty good.

Wonder if I can game these for a round this weekend.....that would be cool.

I bet these irons would be a whole lot sweeter if they had a decent looking wedge to pair them with...

I have my current irons sold right now so I am hoping To hit these and love them. I don't mind the look at all

I bought a set of these this morning and have since hit a bucket or two at the range. I got the 4-GW with stiff graphite shafts and I love these irons! They look obnoxiously amazing with the graphite shafts, definitely not subtle in any way. Overall, I was quite impressed with how they felt; super soft on pure hits and even the mis-hits didn't feel so bad. The top line was surprisingly thin for a non-forged product and the look at address agreed with me. Ball flight was higher than I'm used to on the long irons, but a higher flight was something I've been looking for.
Can't wait to get more familiar with these!

I bought a set of these this morning and have since hit a bucket or two at the range. I got the 4-GW with stiff graphite shafts and I love these irons! They look obnoxiously amazing with the graphite shafts, definitely not subtle in any way. Overall, I was quite impressed with how they felt; super soft on pure hits and even the mis-hits didn't feel so bad. The top line was surprisingly thin for a non-forged product and the look at address agreed with me. Ball flight was higher than I'm used to on the long irons, but a higher flight was something I've been looking for.

You get the standard model or the forged?

Congrats on the purchase. I bet you will be happy with these. I thought they looked great at address as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nice, I actually like the profile of these very much even on the standard model. Congrats on the great purchase.

That's awasome Army. Enjoy them

Had a chance to light into these yesterday at a Cobra Demo Day. I'm not sure now if it was best I didn't hit a few with them earlier this year. Cobra didn't have the Cell irons there, but I fell in love with the AMP line yesterday. I struggle this morning with the thought of buying a set of these today (with the AMP Cell right around the corner)

However, if you're looking for a set of sweet irons with a very affordable price tag (in comparison). These should be top 3 on your try list. If you catch them right, big box stores offer 15% off putting them around $425 for a complete iron set. Very well worth it!!!

Played my first round with these irons yesterday and so far I am quite impressed. The ball flight with these is considerably higher than my old CG7's, especially from the 4i-7i, making it way easier to play to a yardage, the ball lands soft all the way through the set. I'm not sure if the higher ball flight is because of the AMP technology in the club-head or if it's a trait of the graphite shafts. This is my first time with graphite shafts and I do enjoy the feel and light weight they offer, however, my distance control isn't as good as it was with the CG7's. I hit some 9i 145 and hit another 155, could have been because of a flyer lie as I was playing out of the rough all afternoon but throughout the set it didn't seem quite as consistent. I find it's much easier to swing down on the ball and take a nice divot with these clubs than my last set, again, not sure what exactly is the reason for this.
Hopefully with some more time I can figure out the distance control. My first thoughts are I love these club-heads, but I'm unsure about the graphite shafts just yet. It's probably just because it's quite a big change from what I'm used to.

i'm on the fence with these. i'm honestly looking for these as second set to my AP2 710s...the stock offering (dynacrap 90) is too light and WAAAY to high of ball flight for me. i have a chance to get 4-GW in the regular amp, with KBS tours at a great price brand spankin new....

thoughts?

Sounds like a no brainer. KBS tours are a great shaft and that would be a killer combo.

My smaller bro has these in the womens model and they are AWESOME

i'm on the fence with these. i'm honestly looking for these as second set to my AP2 710s...the stock offering (dynacrap 90) is too light and WAAAY to high of ball flight for me. i have a chance to get 4-GW in the regular amp, with KBS tours at a great price brand spankin new....

thoughts?

I'd be very interested in that combo.

well, (i know this is pretty much a dead thread but...) my new cobras came...i will be hitting them at lunch tomorrow...if i didn't have to wait till 8:00 tonight to pick em up from UPS i would've hit them at the range after i got home from work. if anyone is interested, i'll be posting reviews of these since i don't think many people have the KBS Tour shafts in them...these orange lamkin slip-jobs are going bye bye asap (only gripe).

I checked out the forged in person today, wow was I missing out on a great looking set of irons. And the KBS shafts were sweet.

I checked out the forged in person today, wow was I missing out on a great looking set of irons. And the KBS shafts were sweet.

Those girls do hit pretty sweet, don't they? I really liked them. If it wasn't for the i20's I'd possibly be in a set today.

Back