Stamping wedges - SHOW PICS

I did this to my wedges. Use a heavier hammer (I used a standard claw hammer and it was a mistake). Use tape.

It's very easy to do.

I might have to try this. I do see some paint filling in my near future, especially since it's been raining for 2 days.

1. Peel stamp from stamp book
2. Replace remainder of stamps
3. Place stamp on wedge

Seems easy enough...though I don't think it'll ship very far.

How does one do it with a vice? When I do it I lay the face flat on my workbench to hit the back of the wedge. With a vice there would be nothing behind it and it would move?

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

Vice grips the hosel at an angle and the face lays on the top as an anvil

TTing

I got a 1/4 size stamping set and have done all I can to try and stamp my wedges and it does not work. Is it because I need smaller stamps maybe like 1/8?

I got a 1/4 size stamping set and have done all I can to try and stamp my wedges and it does not work. Is it because I need smaller stamps maybe like 1/8?

Or a bigger hammer.

What is the brand of paint pen he is using in that video?

elmers paint pens, go into the paint fill thread, I've talked so much about painting with them, plus tips etc.

Wonder what that set of stamps costs though.

Or a bigger hammer.

Bingo.

It takes a super stable surface for the head not to move and a HARD swing of the hammer or a hammer with some heft to it, I know Kari actually uses a weighted hammer to do his putters. .

As I mentioned earlier, check out Harbor Freight. I paid under 10.00.
Did you go with the 1/4 or 1/8 set? I may have to get one of these, unfortunately.

Someone wanna stamp my wedges for me? Lol I'm too chicken to do it.

It would be cool to have these supplies in the THP Rangefinder. That way folks could learn how to do it at THP events since it only takes a few minutes to do it.

I have a 4 pound metal mallet? not heavy enough?

I tried it on an old worn out test wedge then went to town. I followed the exact same video and got great results. I prefer to use nail polish because I feel its more durable... and the wife has plenty of colors on hand.. lol. I ended up buying the same size and brand stamps as the ones in the video, they work great. I already had a bench vise with a large flat striking area and the heavy mallet.

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

Nice job on the R12 s

Those came out beautifully!

I now need to buy my 588's so I can do this.

I have all this stuff in my school woodshop. I could also use a laser etcher and do something cool like that.

Doesnt sound extremely difficult. Wondering how to get this done in a small apartment with no work bench. Use a counter top? Neighbors should get a kick out of that! :cool:

Tapping away on my S3

Lucky enough to have 2 Harbor Freight's in town. Picked these up for $8.99

Tapping away on my S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358170259259.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358170259259.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1
I've found it to be harder than re-gripping clubs but easier than pulling and replacing a graphite shaft.

I picked up my stamps at a hardware store equivalent to a Lowes/Home Depot.

For my practice, I put a "T" on on old wedge I was about to sell. My buddy got a kick out of owning a "T Stamped Wedge". Clearly it came from a tour van. :)

Just tried to order those stamps from Harbor Freight but they keep saying something is wrong with my information! Can't figure out what it is. I hate their website so much.

OK, this is pretty cool. I have a Harbor Freight near me. I am going to pick up a set of stamps, practice on an old Pinemeadow head, then make my 588's super-sweet. Just have to decide on what to stamp. Initials sounds kind of boring but then I don't want something super cheesy either.

Back