Stamping wedges - SHOW PICS

Besides forged, what other wedges are easy to stamp?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Besides forged, what other wedges are easy to stamp?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Any Vokey or Cleveland wedge is soft enough to stamp. The Vokeys are cast and the Clevelands before the 588 line were cast and both stamped with little issue.

Any Vokey or Cleveland wedge is soft enough to stamp. The Vokeys are cast and the Clevelands before the 588 line were cast and both stamped with little issue.

Are the new 588 RTX & CB cast?

I found some stamps in my garage (previous owner or the people before them left all sorts of stuff) and also ordered a special stamp from Amazon yesterday. I will give my wedges some serious stamping soon.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and make an attempt at stamping the 50* wedge after classes end today around 4 or 4:30.

I'm going out on Thursday to get some stamps and a vise. I have a forged 52* Snake Eyes that has very little value to will be good to practice on.

It's not hard at all. Guys, the key is confidence. If you don't do it and hit it hard without hesitation you're probably gonna screw it up. I'd definitely practice on an old wedge first, but once you get it, you've got it.

THPing on Tapatalk

Just tried doing my initials in my 50* 588. Needless to say I won't be attempting any more stamping.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360702155.960885.jpg

Quite awful

As the saying goes "Swing harder"..lol

Oh man, that's a tough break... Did you just miss on the second hit?
No, that was a multitude. Tried to save the first mirror. The stamp just didn't dig in enough when I lined it up for the 2nd hit and it slipped out.

Did you practice on an old wedge first?

THPing on Tapatalk

Just gave it a go. Didn't have a spare forged wedge.

No, that was a multitude. Tried to save the first mirror. The stamp just didn't dig in enough when I lined it up for the 2nd hit and it slipped out.

Which character size did you go with? HF has 1/8, 1/4, and 3/8..

Back