UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

Hello Girls! Apologies, life getting in the way of my THP time. £70. A lot. I suspect all will depend upon how busy they are on the day. 70 between us will undoubtedly make the switch if they are empty! The Derby is allegedly a decent course, and a few have mentioned to me that the PGA is actually a better challenge than the Brabazon! Given our handicaps, I daresay we will manage to raise a smile whichever way...

Playing lots of golf...mostly 0.1 up a time! Hopefully will all turn to good firm in June. MAV, let us know what is a fair contribution for the trophy.

MAV, let us know what is a fair contribution for the trophy.

I managed to source a good quality trophy slightly cheaper than cost, but the engraving is going to cost a bit as well.

Depends on how many contribute, but its about a tenner if its 5 or 6 of us. The more that contribute the less that will be required.

I managed to source a good quality trophy slightly cheaper than cost, but the engraving is going to cost a bit as well.

Depends on how many contribute, but its about a tenner if its 5 or 6 of us. The more that contribute the less that will be required.

Right so! Fiver for Spring Cup players then. No payee no winee....my lot will stump up I'm sure!

Fiver sounds good to me :)

Two weeks today and we will most likely all be starting to think about heading home after what should be a good couple of days

Hopefully I should manage to sort some new shoes this week so fingers crossed I can sneak in a round over the bank holiday weekend to at least break them in a bit otherwise I might be struggling a bit on the second day if they give me any problems. If I don't manage a round, I will be tearing up the carpets at home wearing them round the house

Well, it's only a week to go now lads, so I hope everyone has been out getting some last minute practice in ;)

With a view to confirming final; arrival times etc, can I ask everyone to arrive at the Belfry by 10am at the latest please? This will give us an opportunity to get ourselves settled and once everyone is there we can sort out score cards, confirm the format for the days golf and head out onto the range for a warm up before our tee times.

The Belfry Bar seems to be the best place to meet, as it’s open for Breakfast until 11am so this will give us plenty of time.

Have a good week, and I look forward to seeing everyone at the Belfry in a week’s time.

I will leave you with some images so you know what you are fighting for next week J

A fine looking trophy! I look forward to touching it...if only for a second! Judging by today...unlikely to be contesting!

You never know bud!

I played Friday afternoon in a monsoon and shot 30 points in the competition which frankly with the rain we had I was quite pleased with. Mind you I did buy some awesome rain gloves that get gripper the wetter they get - infact when I look at the pack they come in it actually suggests you dunk them in water before going out!

Then this afternoon I played for the club and me and my playing parter managed to get a half out of our game. We were one down going down the 18th and I managed to get myself on the green in three and then two putt which was enough to win us the whole.

Looking forward to playing the PGA National in particular :)

Nice silverware Mav. Just wish I were able to attend.

Hopefully at next one in UK.

What an awesome trophy! Hope y'all have a blast.

Great trophy Mav! Can't wait for the day but horribly inconsistent at the moment, last 2 rounds, 76 and 94!! Thanks for sorting it all out for us!

Great trophy Mav! Can't wait for the day but horribly inconsistent at the moment, last 2 rounds, 76 and 94!! Thanks for sorting it all out for us!

That's not bad on one leg! How is the ankle bearing up?

That's a nice looking trophy, hoping to at least be in the hunt after the first hole.... :alien:

Had a round this morning to break in the new shoes and managed a to shoot a respectable 86 and scoring 39 points so hoping to bring that sort of game next week

Ive spent sometime today getting the cards marked and ready to go for both days so thats one less thing to worry about :thumb:

My lovely wife has also been kind enough to pick names out of the hat for the Yellow ball competition, so there isn't much left to do now :)

Other than turn up and play golf :D

Not long now boys, golf isn't upto much at the minute shot a nice round 108 today what a loser haha

Nothing to worry about boys! Dirko and I got taken down 5&4 in a foursomes yesterday...although, bar the fact that neither of us could hole a putt for love nor money, we actually didnt play that badly. The Hampshire (and Denmark) massive are all in the picture for start times etc and looking forward to it. As am I!

Ive spent sometime today getting the cards marked and ready to go for both days so thats one less thing to worry about :thumb:

My lovely wife has also been kind enough to pick names out of the hat for the Yellow ball competition, so there isn't much left to do now :)

So, in true JB style, are you going to

A. Name the four yellow ball teams. EuroHackers, EuroParadise, EuroAlbatross and Eurocom for example?
B. Name four team captains
C. Each day name the next player for each team???

You know that you want to......

So, in true JB style, are you going to

A. Name the four yellow ball teams. EuroHackers, EuroParadise, EuroAlbatross and Eurocom for example?
B. Name four team captains
C. Each day name the next player for each team???

You know that you want to......

A. I think we can manage some names for the teams, but I'm sure we can come up with something more "Europe" for our THP cup teams.

B. Seeing as you raised it, you can have the honour of captaining one of the teams! That of course means you get the honour of teeing of first ;). For the remaining teams I will get the misses to pull some more names out of the hat :thumb:

C. LOL - OK that sounds like fun. I will do that over the next few days for the four teams.

A. I think we can manage some names for the teams, but I'm sure we can come up with something more "Europe" for our THP cup teams.

B. Seeing as you raised it, you can have the honour of captaining our 3 ball team! That of course mean you get the honour of teeing of first ;). For the remaining teams I will get the misses to pull some more names out of the hat :thumb:

C. LOL - OK that sounds like fun. I will do that over the next few days for the four teams.

A. Fair enough
B. I'll bring the big dog....you bring the Sambuca. ;) (think there is no ditch on the first, so feeling comfortable!)
C. Oooooooooooooohhhhhhh

OK - so following on from the above, I can announce the following people have been drawn as team captains for the 4 teams.

Team 1 - David Liversedge

Team 2 - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito)

Team 3 - Andy Bullock (Bully)

Team 4 - Rob Newton

Over the next few days, I will announce a new team member for each of the teams.

Perhaps the team captains could take responsibility for naming their teams?

OK - so following on from the above, I can announce the following people have been drawn as team captains for the 4 teams.

Team 1 - David Liversedge

Team 2 - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito)

Team 3 - Andy Bullock (Bully)

Team 4 - Rob Newton

Over the next few days, I will announce a new team member for each of the teams.

Perhaps the team captains could take responsibility for naming their teams?

wahay....bring it on! Frantically cancelling meetings to get practice time booked this week...

team names....thinking cap on :)

Great stuff you 2! And loving not going first!! Clock ticking!

Just wanted to stop in and say that I think it is great you guys across the Pond are doing your own event. I think it just speaks to the quality of the people here on THP, I hope to be able to make it over there sometime and tee it up with a few of you fine gentlemen. Well done guys and cant wait for the Pics and Recap thread!

Great stuff you 2! And loving not going first!! Clock ticking!

Doesn't the reigning champ have to play the first shot of the day.....? :alien:

Back