UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

Mav makes the rules and I refer you to earlier comment that team captains have to LEAD off!! Lol. Quite like the idea of being on the last group and playing last if truth be known! I wouldn't want to hold you all up with my dodgy ankle.....

All I will say for now is that I cried and laughed a lot when my missus was pulling names out of the hat!

Stay tuned during the course of today though - I will be announcing another couple of names this evening 8pm :thumb:

Can't wait for next week, going to be awesome

All I will say for now is that I cried and laughed a lot when my missus was pulling names out of the hat!

Stay tuned during the course of today though - I will be announcing another couple of names this evening 8pm :thumb:

Exciting! Everyone feel free to pitch in with potential team names! So far I've got 'fajitas' continuing the Mexican theme of my forum name...but not exactly more European is it?

Whoever plays with those coming from overseas should be team Europe?!

With the others perhaps we should wait until teams are decided, we could have had a team LUFC last time, perhaps team Sambuca etc?

What about some famous European players for team names?

Team Seve
Team Faldo
Team Montgomerie
Team Langer
Team Woosnam
Team Lyle

The list goes on.

Captains get to choose obviously....

What about some famous European players for team names?

Team Seve
Team Faldo
Team Montgomerie
Team Langer
Team Woosnam
Team Lyle

The list goes on.

Captains get to choose obviously....

Consider Seve officially taken!

So Mav, are you having all the bad putters on Team Langer and all the overwieght ones on Team Monty??

Ooooh Harsh but funny! :alien:

Team naming has commenced;

Team 1 - David Liversedge

Team Seve - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito)

Team 3 - Andy Bullock (Bully)

Team 4 - Rob Newton

Rob will take Faldo....

Rob will take Faldo....

Team 3 - Andy Bullock (Bully)

Team Faldo - Rob Newton

Exciting! Everyone feel free to pitch in with potential team names! So far I've got 'fajitas' continuing the Mexican theme of my forum name...but not exactly more European is it?

Ok, what about El Fajitas? Makes it Spanish.

I might go with 'Team Fanny'. If its good enough for Faldo, it's good enough for me!! :)

Or on a more serious note, maybe 'Team Rose'?

Team Rose it is,

Team Rose - Andy Bullock (Bully)

Team Faldo - Rob Newton

Wonder who will get the short straw and have me on their team.....lol

3 more working days to go and then a nice long drive to the kids on Friday night after work, day with them on Saturday before the early start on Sunday - can't wait to get on that first tee

Wonder who will get the short straw and have me on their team.....lol

3 more working days to go and then a nice long drive to the kids on Friday night after work, day with them on Saturday before the early start on Sunday - can't wait to get on that first tee

From some your previous posts I would say you are playing reasonably well at the moment.

What ever the case the first day is more about relaxing into it and having a bit of fun. Having said that your personal stableford score does still count, so you need to put some focus into it.

Can't wait for the weekend to come round, me and Bully are up and away about 7am on Sunday morning - roll on the weekend :bananadance::egyptian::golf2::joy::rockon:

How long do you expect to take to get their Mav? According to the directions it will take just under 3hrs from Colchester, but seeing as I don't know Colchester and the surrounding area I was planning on heading off about 6.30 and taking it easy to get there for 9.30ish - if I get there earlier I will just have a nosey around the place

Had a quick look at the weather forecast and it is looking like a nice 16/17 degrees for the weekend, so should be just nice for playing :D

Back