NC Round - Pinehurst Area - September 7, 2013

So looking forward to this weekend. I can't wait to see some THP friends and a lot of new faces that will become friends. It's gonna be a blast!

I remember someone warning me about Chunky's kids. Can we elaborate on this warning a little bit?

When the kid has to go he HAS to go and doesn't care where it is!!!!!:act-up: All joking aside Chunky has a great kid and you will enjoy your time with him and Chunky!!

Can't wait for Saturday to get here!!! Thanks Derek for setting this all up and same goes for me and my bag too if there is anything you want to hit just let me know you are grabbing it and hit away, you can't do anything to them that I haven't already done!! Playing a round at Legacy tomorrow and I played today at Deercroft so hopefully I won't be burned out. Another good thing about this course is the #18 is a par 4 with a elevated green right at the clubhouse where a balcony looks over the green so we will be able to see everyone coming in.

Can't wait for Saturday to get here!!! Thanks Derek for setting this all up and same goes for me and my bag too if there is anything you want to hit just let me know you are grabbing it and hit away, you can't do anything to them that I haven't already done!! Playing a round at Legacy tomorrow and I played today at Deercroft so hopefully I won't be burned out. Another good thing about this course is the #18 is a par 4 with a elevated green right at the clubhouse where a balcony looks over the green so we will be able to see everyone coming in.

You mean we will be able to mock you as you're finishing up, since I'm in the first group?:eek:

Thanks for including me. Looking forward to meeting you fellas and hopefully getting some good golf in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for the groupings. Like everyone else, my junk is at your disposal. I put a dummy mark on my Amp Cell driver being stupid, so it's already broken in.

Are RyanO & KevinO members here on the forum? I don't recognize the names.

They aren't....yet
It's the other guys that I know. Ryan and his Dad, Kevin. They are good people, I play with them often.

They aren't....yet
It's the other guys that I know. Ryan and his Dad, Kevin. They are good people, I play with them often.

That's cool. I don't know if playing along with me and Dan will give them a good impression of THP though......:bulgy-eyes: I can't guarantee it'll be good golf, but I can guarantee it will be amusing.

I was wondering if there was any confirmation on dinner and drinks afterwards?

Looks like I may be the comic relief of my group, if Jlit's +2 are similar handicaps to him at 6....take it easy on me guys :p

I was wondering if there was any confirmation on dinner and drinks afterwards?

Meant to include that. Hickory Tavern is close by and has gotten good reviews. We'll call them as we are close to finishing up and head that way. Not everyone will be able to stay so we can get an accurate count tomorrow.

Don't forget to bring some dollar bills. Closest to the pin for your group on each one! :)

Since I've never met anyone from THP except for Andy, I'll be the tubby midget who shows up with the old guy in tow. I'm probably going to wear something stupid bright tomorrow, so I'll be the neon tubby midget with the old guy in tow.

I'm thinking of going with the day-glow orange, traffic cone look........... :clap:

Wish I could be there for this tomorrow. I now no longer have to work but the is because my boss needed me to play in a tournament for him since he had to back out. Its my first tournament so at least I get to play some golf

Wish I could be there for this tomorrow. I now no longer have to work but the is because my boss needed me to play in a tournament for him since he had to back out. Its my first tournament so at least I get to play some golf

Too bad you can't make it. I don't know if course could have handled the awesomeness of having 3 players with Blue Amp Cells on the course at the same time.

Too bad you can't make it. I don't know if course could have handled the awesomeness of having 3 players with Blue Amp Cells on the course at the same time.

It couldn't. No way.

Meant to include that. Hickory Tavern is close by and has gotten good reviews. We'll call them as we are close to finishing up and head that way. Not everyone will be able to stay so we can get an accurate count tomorrow.

Great to hear!! Hickory Tavern has awesome food and a ton of beer to choose from also!

Not sure if you were including me in that blue amp cell iron list Bullitt, but i just finished lengthening and re-gripping them, and think i'm just going to let er' rip tomorrow. I've hit the 5i and 8i at the range and was pretty please, though occasionally making some mishits just due to the slight change in length from my pings.

Speaking of which, I'll bring my g25's if anyone wants to hit those (and in case I chicken out playing the cobra's tomorrow)...though odds are if i'm really happy with the cobra's tomorrow, and maybe a couple more rounds, I'll be selling them. So you could get a preview if you're interested :). If I break 95 tomorrow...i'll sell them immediately :p

Not sure if you were including me in that blue amp cell iron list Bullitt, but i just finished lengthening and re-gripping them, and think i'm just going to let er' rip tomorrow. I've hit the 5i and 8i at the range and was pretty please, though occasionally making some mishits just due to the slight change in length from my pings.

Speaking of which, I'll bring my g25's if anyone wants to hit those (and in case I chicken out playing the cobra's tomorrow)...though odds are if i'm really happy with the cobra's tomorrow, and maybe a couple more rounds, I'll be selling them. So you could get a preview if you're interested :). If I break 95 tomorrow...i'll sell them immediately :p

I definitely want to give those G25's a go. I used to have G20's and liked them but I couldn't get over how big they were. The G25's look much sharper.

I definitely want to give those G25's a go. I used to have G20's and liked them but I couldn't get over how big they were. The G25's look much sharper.

I agree on the looks. I gave the G25s a lot of consideration and the Amp Cells just edged them out in performance for me. I actually preferred the darker finish of the G25s over the chrome though.

Looks like I may be the comic relief of my group, if Jlit's +2 are similar handicaps to him at 6....take it easy on me guys :p

You're a THPer, you'll fit right in. The other two aren't yet, so we'll just laugh at them for that!

Also, my entire bag is open to anyone too. May be up for sale after today, make an offer. No, actually, wait until after the round, as I may just be giving it away by then.

Gill,

One thing I know for sure is that THPers could care less how good or bad you are at golf. It's all about having a good time with friends.

Well, car gassed up, coffee filled up, and southern pines bound!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Well, car gassed up, coffee filled up, and southern pines bound!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Same here! I'm an hour into my trip already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back