NC Round - Pinehurst Area - September 7, 2013

I am headed to pick up Dan in Hope Mills and then go eat a good breakfast. We should be there around 10:30 at the latest.

Drive safely guys....on and off the course. We are east down and bound.

Glad to see everyone is on there way here!!! I just woke up and having my coffee, now I got to go get dressed and grab some Bojangles then head on out to the course, I will be shooting to get there about 10:30 also!!

Just left Raleigh got a later start than I would have liked but should still be there around 11 wearing a light blue shirt with white collar and black shorts

Just got here, made ridiculously good time. Think I may hit a slow few now just to finalize my iron decision for the day.

Wear blue shirt w/ blue Bridgestone hat. Think I posted earlier, but name is Geoff (Gillian and Pierce are my kids, hence GillPier)

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Moving slow this morning but for good reasons. Be there at about 11

Just got here, made ridiculously good time. Think I may hit a slow few now just to finalize my iron decision for the day.

Wear blue shirt w/ blue Bridgestone hat. Think I posted earlier, but name is Geoff (Gillian and Pierce are my kids, hence GillPier)

I made great time as well. I visited Pinehurst to collect a few goodies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sitting here on the 13th hole, maybe worst round of the season, and still having a great time.

#excusetouseampcellsnextround

I like Altitudes

I had a freaking blast today and Dan said as soon as he gets back from Myrtle Beach, he's signing up, so I am assuming he had a great time as well. If you'd have told me that I could have that much fun while playing that badly, I'd have called you a liar before today. The golf almost became secondary to the fun. Like I said before I left, if anyone wants to play anywhere from Raleigh to Myrtle Beach on any given weekend, I am typically available.

Just got home a little bit ago and at the neighbors know hanging out. What a great day!! Had a blast as always and a great time at dinner over drinks. It was great meeting new people and being able to put more faces to the names. Was great to see some old friends which I haven't seen in awhile. If your on the fence on coming to a THP event or gathering don't hesitate you won't regret it!!! I know this wasn't an official event but it was fun regardless. Can't wait for the next one!

I like Altitudes

I love this. No one wants to love them but most people can't help it after a few hits.

I will have more thoughts later but it was such a great day with new and old friends.

Easily the most fun I have had in a round of golf for the year. This was a great time meeting all the new faces. Likewise I am always up for golf anywhere within a 2-3 hour radius of Raleigh on the weekends. I did not play the best very inconsistent lots of pars but then a few big numbers but the score didnt matter today.

kdjmu1 and mightyquinn thank you guys for an outstanding round today really enjoyed playing with you guys. Hope we can do it again soon.

This (unofficial) event really showed what THP is all about and I am glad I could be apart of it.

Easily the most fun I have had in a round of golf for the year. This was a great time meeting all the new faces. Likewise I am always up for golf anywhere within a 2-3 hour radius of Raleigh on the weekends. I did not play the best very inconsistent lots of pars but then a few big numbers but the score didnt matter today.

kdjmu1 and mightyquinn thank you guys for an outstanding round today really enjoyed playing with you guys. Hope we can do it again soon.

This (unofficial) event really showed what THP is all about and I am glad I could be apart of it.

A few big numbers? I had a snowman with a 4 putt.........:beat-up: Those greens were tough if you were on the wrong tier.

I think that course ate most of us alive today, but it was a great venue and a lot of fun.

Great day out! Thanks for organizing DHill and thoroughly enjoyed playing with Quinn and Bolt. Look forward to getting out again with you guys.

Sitting here on the 13th hole, maybe worst round of the season, and still having a great time.

#excusetouseampcellsnextround

We showed that 13th green who is boss. Or maybe nothing of the sort.

Had an awesome time today, and I think we added at least one, maybe two more THPers with my brother and other friend.

Our group hit some good shots and some bad ones, but it was a blast nonetheless. Gillpier is an awesome dude and wins the "longest drive" award for his 3.5 hour trek. Awesome playing with you buddy and can't wait until the next time. Great meeting the rest of you on the range and after the round. Just a quality group of guys. Looking forward to the next NC get-together already.

Also, I continued my domination of the first hole in THPish events with my combined, now +7 on the openers in only 3 rounds. One of these days I'm gonna get off the first tee box succesfully. I may kiss someone, so beware.

Also, the jäger set me up for a nice little nap on the way home.

We showed that 13th green who is boss. Or maybe nothing of the sort.

if I recall, 13 was a relatively good hole for...atleast compared to some others today.

Had an awesome time Jeremy, and Will is a great guy, we need to work on him to sign up (no excuse for you brother...you are the elder...make him). Wish I could have played better, just all over the place messing with clubs, lengths, grips...oh and I'm not terribly good either, which certainly is another cause. But goal is only to get better for the next THP event, and if there is a silver lining, the bar isn't set high :)

Who's idea was it to make #7 the closest to the pin hole? What a sadistic par 3. How many people actually hit that green?

I took the risk and there was no reward for me, only pain. Ryan actually made the right side of the green by about 2 inches and I thought that was a great shot.

No one in our group. We all played it safe out to the right. Was a Risk and no Reward pin placement :beat-up:

Not to mention we hit from the blue tees since we forgot that was the CTP hole!

We had 2 of our 4 hit it. Closest was my brother Ryan, who was 2 paces closer than the other Ryan, and i was a couple paces outside that. None of us judged the uphill and wind quite right.

Will (plugged) and Geoff (just in, on the downslope, lip interfering with backswing) found the trap and VERY unfavorable lies in it. That triple was the beginning of the undoing of the good round Will had going. I believe he was even par coming into it.

NC Round - Pinehurst Area - September 7, 2013

Not to mention we hit from the blue tees since we forgot that was the CTP hole!

Even after seeing us slide up a set on that hole. No excuse! I guarantee that was a brut from back there.

Back