Contest & Final Chance - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Contest & Final Chance - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

I'm Sitting back and enjoying this one from the sidelines. I was fortunate to experience this last year. It's time for someone else to live the magic.

Official entry:

Good Luck to everyone that enters! There is a belt at stake, and there is a competitive side to the unbelievable opportunity. 20 people will come together to battle on the course, 2 teams of 10. One common goal! The belt is only the symbol of winning. Guarantee nobody leaves the Hideway feeling like they've lost. The journey is short lived in time. The memories are lifelong. However all is lost for those that fail to stop and smell the roses. It's Callaway, it THP. Those roses have no thorns.. Represent yourselves, your teammates, and THP with honor. You earned it!

Thank you Callaway and THP this is my Offical Entry :

One shot , That's all I want , One Shot , Be it the first tee box , First bunker shot or One Shot at the winning birdie putt, I want One Shot.
THP is giving me that One Shot, Callway golf is giving me that One Shot, I had that One Shot before Eight Iron 154 yds for One Millon , I blew that One Shot three feet by the hole. Now THP and Callaway gives me another One Shot at the Grandaddy, This One Shot means just as much as my One Millon Dollar One Shot . Thank You Callaway Golf , THP for this One Shot !

Well here goes nothing, thank you JB and Callaway for another shot at this:

Its hard to sum up how much I want this, I've been constantly day dreaming and thinking about it. Hitting a point winning shot, going threw the motions of meeting everybody involved and getting the opportunity to do something I've never thought was possible. I'm a socially awkward introvert in real life, getting the opportunity to be on the Dwellers could take my life into a whole new direction. I know I have the ability to contribute to this team, I'm a fortuitously loyal teammate with a passion for taming Zoo animals.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Wednesday entry:

Its hard to sum up how much I want this, I've been constantly day dreaming and thinking about it. Hitting a point winning shot, going threw the motions of meeting everybody involved and getting the opportunity to do something I've never thought was possible. I'm a socially awkward introvert in real life, getting the opportunity to be on the Dwellers could take my life into a whole new direction. I know I have the ability to contribute to this team, I'm a fortuitously loyal teammate with a passion for taming Zoo animals.

Thankyou.

Pretty sure it's a single entry buddy. But solid anyway.

Here goes nothing. Good luck all!

When I started playing golf in my teens it was with the thought that I would have something to do when I retired. I was instantly hooked, and after a few years and several friendships, which I still have, I realized it’s much more than that. I’m relatively new to THP, but have already made several friends, and experienced my first event. Golf is a great equalizer, and a great common ground. Clubs are awesome, SWAG is awesome, experiences stay with you forever. I’d relish the chance to represent TeamBasementDwellers and bring back a victory, the experience of a lifetime.

Keep those entries coming.
One shot at greatness.
Can the music for the recap video this year be "one moment in time?"

Official entry:

To represent THP and be a part of the Basement Dwellers would be an honor. It would be an exciting opportunity to grow as a team together under Cookie’s leadership: a team he has high expectations for. Expectations of challenging each other to elevate their games to their bests, while still making fun the highest priority. To use a quote mentioned earlier, “this is a shot at greatness.” When a shot at greatness like this comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you. Our date with greatness is coming. Let’s not keep her waiting any longer.

Best of luck to the very fortunate individual. You earned it!

First, it would be an honor to be a member of Cookie's "Basement Dwellers" helping the team rise to the Penthouse after taking down the "Zoo Crew". I know my game will blend great with the other team members as we all chase victory.
Being still new here at THP I know the friendships made during "The Grandaddy" would bring lifetime memories for me and my teammates as we become brothers in our chase of a dream.
Thanks for the chance of a lifetime.

Catching up on the evening entries, some great stuff fellas! More to come I'm sure. Tip of the cap to all you, so many very deserving entries.

I toss my name in the hat... Here goes .
first I'd love to rep the nor cal in the "basement dwellers" I'd be the tin cup long shot, I've been plying golf since I was 13, I'm 33 now...I've never had an opportunity to do something pretty great like this, I'm blue collar guy, who works his butt off for his family, giving this opportunity I would most definitely run with it, putting nor cal on the map, I'm a easy to get along guy, but I will admit I'm ultra competitive... Thanks to the thp for a shot to be apart of something bigger !!

I wont tell you how I am great golfer because truth be told, I am not. I am however an improved golfer, both in my game and as a person. I used to be embarrassed to play with people I didn’t know. THP gets credit for breaking me out of that shell. I know how to be competitive while having fun and would love to be a part of this experience. The Gauntlet was amazing and left me wanting more. Lets build some bonds, play some golf and have a lot of fun in California. Thank you THP and Callaway.

Official Entry:

Intensity. Sweat. Detail. Attention. Effort. Comraderie. Support. Focus. Pressure. Drive. Friendship. Commitment. Smooth. Concentration. Excitement. Heart. Ferocity. Target. Battle. Accomplish. Plan. Ethics. Excitement. Heartbeat. Strength. Emotion. Power. Training. Feeling. Singularity. Passion. Dominance. Courage. Promise. Satisfaction. Duty. Tenacity. Suspense. Timing. Conquer. Ambition. Pride. Discipline. Energy. Enthusiasm. Humor. Enjoyment. Control. Non-stop. Boldness. Resolve. Laughter. Winning. Determination. Victory. These are all reasons I should be a part of Team Basement Dweller in #TheGrandaddy.

To the tune of "All About that Bass", my official entry:

Because you know
I'm all about that Dos
'Bout that Dos, no ragrets

Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no plus two
But I can drive it, drive it
Way past you
'Cause I got that internet distance that all the golfers chase
And captain Cookie knows how to sink an ace

I see the Zoo Crew workin' that trash talk
We know that stuff ain't real
Though it may have worked on Hawk
Since you’ve got Hashtag, Hashtag, you’ll be on the clock
Every one of you is losing
‘Cause I can walk the walk

Some great entries guys. Unfortunately, I can't take the time off from work so I will be support Team Basement Dweller in true internet golfer fashion via my keyboard. :comp:

Best of luck everyone!

I have just gotten back into the game this time last year, but in this short time hard work seems to be paying off. Since the Gauntlet, I have gained more focus to improve my game to get back on track to where I once was. Deep inside me is a strong competitive spirit which lives and breaths this type of situation. With bragging rights, a history of the Zoocrew hoisting the trophy makes me want to represent THP and the fellow Basement dwellers to the fullest.

Thanks to THP, Callaway for pulling out all the stops again.

Just a reminder. . . .

Rules
1. One entry per person
2. Your entry will be posted in this thread
3. Contest Open to all Albatross Club Members on THP. If you are not a member & would like to become one and help as THP partners with Folds Of Honor, click here.

I'd love to play in this or any THP event but my life is at its most chaotic stage with a wife that travels for work too much(120+ days/year) and 3 very busy kids. In the next 24 months my situation will become much more flexible as my wife will be retiring and I'll have one off at college. In 64 months(who's counting) I'll also be retiring and look forward to making at least a few THP events each year!

More fantastic entries rolling in overnight, great job fellas!!

Clock hasn't stopped yet, keep them coming.

Glad I am not a judge. Some terrific stuff and for some reason I am nervous to see who the last piece of the puzzle will be.

Glad I am not a judge. Some terrific stuff and for some reason I am nervous to see who the last piece of the puzzle will be.

There are soooooo many awesome entries that deserve to win a spot. I'm like you, it would not be fun picking the winner out of this lot.... :bulgy-eyes:

Good luck to everyone that enters! What an awesome and unexpected opportunity. Unfortunately for me I can't make this happen anymore. Crazy year has sucked up all my vacation days. Really look forward to following along with everything. Gonna be amazing once again.

THP'ers are once again bringing it!

Plain and simple!

I love golf and how THP has made it a far better experience for me. I followed the event online last year and I was in complete awe of those who were there.

I love competition especially when it's as fun as the Zoo Crew makes it!

I can't think of a better person to be my Captain than Cookie. I'd give my all for him and Team Basement Dwellers.

Getting all new Callaway gear would be insane!

I would take so many pictures and tweet/post up a storm about the event.

A girl can dream........

Back