Contest & Final Chance - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Words being out down on paper as we speak.

To be a part of this amazing contest would be a dream come true! THP would kick some "behind" with Golfinnut as an addition to the team. Having played competitively in high school & college gives me an advantage over some golfers on the course. Even though I am competitive, I also like to have fun and enjoy the company of fellow THP'ers on the course. I would love to represent the THP "new name" (The Expende-balls, The Bush Hackers, We're Slicers not Hackers, The shaft-shank redemption's) and take down Harry and his troop of apes in the zoo!

Great job on the entries so far, it will be fun keeping up with this thread. Good luck to all who enter.

Good luck to everyone. It's not very often you get a chance to literally do something millions of people would absolutely kill to do. Being added to #TeamBasemenDwellers is going to change someone's life. I cant wait to see who the lucky person is.

Official Entry:

11-5
#Redemption

#
The Granddaddy
Event of a lifetime!!!
Accepting nothing but your best
Memories that change your life
Being part of the team
Always doing your best
Staying true to yourself while slaying the evil empire
Expecting a win
Men and women from THP can conquer
Exceptional people and companies
Never letting up
Total commitment
Doing less is not acceptable
Winning is everything
Expecting the best from all
Leaving all on the course
Looking for the trophy
Everything else is just golf
Realizing your dreams
Striving for perfection

Would be honored to be a member of #TEAMBASEMENTDWELERS !!!

Official Entry! Fingers crossed!

I want to be part of the #TheGrandaddy experience because I have never participated in a competitive golf situation. I think it could be a great and fun opportunity to see what I’m made of mentally and see where my game is at. This being my first year part of this amazing community I would love to meet THPers and show them what I’ve got. I know I can be a great teammate for an event like this. Please pick me THP and Callaway! You wouldn’t regret it!

I've been sitting in this chair trying to come up with something clever to post as my entry and I'm drawing blanks. I’ve only been a member here for a few months and everything I’ve seen has absolutely blown me away, and it keeps me coming back for more. The generosity of people, sponsors and THP staff is top notch. To win the final spot would be the cherry on top of year that started on a low note but is ending on such a high. I don’t expect to win since I am the newbie but GO BASEMENT DWELLERS!!!

As I’m sitting here trying to decide what to write, many cliché responses are coming to mind. Things like nice guys finish last, waiting to pick the best for last, etc. But to be quite honest, the answer is simple. I should be the final member of Team Basement Dweller because I strive to win. It’s as simple as that. If chosen, I’ll go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else in order to bring back the hardware. Additionally, I’ve never played against any #ZooCrew member or participated in such a grand event. Choose me, I won’t disappoint!

I feel I should be chosen for the final spot for The Grandaddy because I represent the vast majority of the members on THP. I LOVE the game, but never have enough time or money to be the golfer I think I could be. I have no illusions of being “an internet golfer”, I know my limitations. However being a part of this community, even for my short time here, has shown me that golfers of all abilities are welcomed and encouraged to participate in these amazing events. Plus I would love to stick it to the ZOO CREW!

100 words for the last chance to get on this team. Hard to believe I have been on this team for just about 2 weeks and already my mind has been blown about what has been presented to us. Scary part is that I know it is just the tip of iceberg and that is beyond amazing to me. Don't rush to get those entries in, make those words count and nail it!! I cannot wait to see who will be joining us!

Good luck!

Some creative entries so far. Keep 'em coming fellas.

Good luck to all who are entering. I wish I could make this work on my schedule this year. Today we are all Basement Dwellers.

Official Entry:

This event is the opportunity of a life time.
This event gives us the chance to play golf at a prestigious location.
This event provides the tools to do the work.
This event is about teamwork, camaraderie, and great memories.
This event is a moment for me to shed my fears, overcome my doubts, and be a part of something truly special.
This event is a time for fierce competition, crushing pressure, and great triumphs.
This is the Grandaddy of them all.
Nothing would make me as proud to be a THP member.
I’m ready ZooCrew.
Are you?

Official Entry:
Simply Put, PAYBACK. I owe so many on here for what you have done for me. Golf is fun again. You taught me how to fight and keep going, even through the lowest of lows. What better way to repay my debts than to help the Basement Dwellers get over the hump and leave Carlsbad with a trophy for all of THP to enjoy. I worked my Arse off this year to get back to the player I am capable of and I’m ready to release the caged animal THP created and Finish the Drill on the ZooCrew

Some great entries so far. Excited to see who the 10th member of #TheGrandaddyDos champions will be.

Man I really wish I had some time off left for this year. Good luck to everyone that enters and if you're on the fence about entering just do it!! You never know!! Go Basement Dwellers!!

The #TheGauntlet w/ THP & the ZooCrew was an awesome experience that I will never forget. Our TEAM did pretty well. To be honest I am not creative or witty just sarcastic which does not always come across very well in words/posts. That being said I would help this team win at Golf. To be able to play against the sandbaggers called #TheZooCrew, represent THP & beat them would be a privilege and an honor. So to grab the last spot for the #TheGrandaddy would be a dream for me & a nightmare for the Zoo Crew. (Thank you THP)

I need to be in #TheGrandaddy because I bleed THP green and will work my tail off to bring home a win for #basementdwellers. I also love Callaway and am a #HOMER. I hate losing, but to me this is about the relationships that are built, not about winning or losing. I have attended 5 events in 2014, and 6 events just sounds so much better :) #HaveFun #EnjoyTheRide

I should be the last member of Team Basement dwellers because I LOVE everything that this event is about.
I love THP.
I love Callaway.
I love having fun, especially on the course.
I love golf equipment.
I love competition.
I love Palm Springs.
I love Golf.
And most of all, I LOVE to win!

I will put in the work and and would love to have this opportunity to bleed THP and represent with the rest of the Team. I have match play experience and I will NOT let THP down if blessed with this opportunity.

Why should I filll #TeamBasementDweller’s last #Grandaddy spot?
What do I feel qualifies me for that shot?
A shot at the #ZooCrew and the champions of the past.
Putting them in their place, giving THP the last laugh.
There’s no doubt I’ve put in the time, effort and work for 2014.
I want to help #Cookie represent the #Dos championship team.
My putting is solid, my irons are sweet.
The driver has come around and I refuse to be beat.
There’s no guarantee of tomorrow, I’m ready to go today.
Put me in coach #Cookie, I’m ready to play!

Official entry:

Joining Captain Cookie and Team Basement Dwellers would be a dream come true for anyone! I’ve played for Michael before and know he is a great Captain. I’ve played with and against Zoo Crew members this year and know how awesome they are and also how good they are at this game. I’ve got the match play and team experience that will be an asset to team THP. I’ll be a good teammate. My game is ready. I’ll give it my all for THP and have fun doing so. Lastly, I’ll follow all of Harry’s rules! Let’s Go TEAM THP!

Comradery, determination and FAMILY are words that come to mind when I think of #TheGrandaddy. The swag is a given, however if that is FOREFRONT in your mind; you and the team fail. This event is about the golf, the friendships, the behind the scenes and most of all the nostalgic memories that will be formed. The weight of the THP community is on the shoulders of #TeamBasementDwellers and I want to be part of the foundation to hold that weight. Come December the belt will be rightfully HOME and I will be Finley’s Huckleberry.

THP has changed the way I look at golf and Callaway has been a major player as well. Words can't describe how awesome it would be to be selected as the final combatant for Team Basement Dwellers. Obviously, the equipment would be incredible, but the competition and camaraderie is what I live for. I have the utmost respect for the guys at Callaway but my desire to represent THP and put a beatdown on the #zoocrew with their own technology is unmatched. They had their fun over the past year, but now it's our time! We will win!

Back