Contest & Final Chance - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
That's right everybody, the event of a lifetime is getting closer and the extra (final) contest is going to be a lot of fun. Before we get into how to enter, let us explain what #TheGrandaddy is for those that might now know about it. The video below shows just a couple of memories of the 2013 event and this amazing few days that are truly life changing for the participants and all expenses paid.

When & Where
California (Carlsbad & Palm Springs)
December 8th-11th, 2014

What Is It
The war to settle the score. The Grandaddy is an event involving Team THP (which is made up of 8 participants that gain entrace via contests) taking on Team Callaway's marketing department known as the Zoo Crew. They won in 2013 and THP wants to even the score this year.

What is Included
Everything, as this is an all expense paid trip
DONT BRING YOUR CLUBS
Airfare, hotel stays, transportation, dinners and SWAG that will absolutely blow your mind
Multiple rounds of golf at one of the finest courses in the country
AND SO MUCH MORE

Team THP has a captain in #Cookie that is here to lead the 7 9 other troops that will gain entry via these contests. Every few weeks, THP has had a new contest and the winners will be part of the team we are affectionately calling Team Basement Dweller (because internet golfers live in their mom's basements according to the Zoo Crew). Today, we are proud to continue this amazing event with the final contest as the last spot was opened on the team.

Contest
This event means a lot to me and THPers, because it's making dreams come true and doing something that only THP & the ZooCrew could do this well. We know its about the swag, the expenses being covered and the clubs. But we also know its about the memories and the fact that only the THPers that make up this great community could help make #TheGrandaddy what it is. The greatest event ever created...So tell us, in 100 words or less, why you should be the final member of Team Basement Dweller.

How To Enter
Post in this thread in 100 words or less, why you should be the final member of Team Basement Dweller.

3 Steps To Success
1. Think of your reasoning on why you should be part of the team.
2. Post in 100 words or less in this thread those thoughts.
3. Sit back and relax and see if you are chosen for the event of a lifetime.

Rules
1. One entry per person
2. Your entry will be posted in this thread
3. Contest Open to all Albatross Club Members on THP. If you are not a member & would like to become one and help as THP partners with Folds Of Honor, click here.

Deadline for the contest is Friday November 7th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.

Good luck everybody and looking forward to seeing more great entries for the event of the year. The 2014 #TheGrandaddy is coming and it will be special.

Happy Wednesday! Looking forward to the entries. Mine is coming as well.

Good luck everyone!

Interesting! I like it! Going to get to work on my 100 words today. Can't wait to read all the entries!

Someday!

100 words by friday let's do this

The main reason why I would like to be a member of Team Basement Dwellers is to assist the team and support #Cookie in putting the Zoo Crew in their rightful place as runner-ups in this epic event. I have the utmost respect for #Cookie and the THP community so I want to be part of the team that dominates the 2014 #TheGrandaddy. Witnessing first hand the Zoo Crew crying like lil girls after their demise would be an awesome by-product of being part this team as well.

Good luck everyone, never let a great opportunity pass you by.

You know that scene from "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" where everyone thought that all of the golden tickets were found, but then Charlie had a Wonka Bar in his hand when he walked past the newsstand and all of the headlines were about one of the golden tickets being fake and that there was a real golden ticket still out there?

Then Charlie starts to unwrap his Wonka Bar...

This is exactly what this morning feels like.

Time to put 100 of my best words together.

You know that scene from "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" where everyone thought that all of the golden tickets were found, but then Charlie had a Wonka Bar in his hand when he walked past the newsstand and all of the headlines were about one of the golden tickets being fake and that there was a real golden ticket still out there?

I think you just did, well said.

Last chance to be part of something truly amazing.

I need to be part of Team Basement Dweller for three reasons. First, I perform well under pressure and come up “BIG” in big situations (big putts, big shots, big “rah rah” for my teammates, etc…). Second, I change clubs so often playing with brand new equipment won’t be foreign to me in the heat of competition. Lastly, I know how to bring the “F-U-N” to Team Basement Dweller, while simultaneously showing the who crew I really know how to put the F-U in fun too.

I WANT to be a part of #TheGrandaddy Dos in the BIGgest way possible!

431671277959e060a6fb6b415124848e.jpg

Official entry:

I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley
I will take down Finley

Oh, Man It's on like donkey kong !

Let me get my thoughts together on this one . What a deal !

Wow this should be fun! Bring it in this contest like you would bring it to The Granddaddy.

Good luck everyone!

This will be 100 of the most important written words of my young life. I won't screw it up.

I like this....I like this a lot. The contests up to now have been a ton of fun but this one has the ability to really put into words why YOU want this and why WE need YOU on Team #BasementDwellers.

The recent announcements have raised the proverbial fun bar another notch and adding a 10th member to the team just means another THP'er joining the event of a lifetime and another THP'er getting bragging rights over the #zoocrew.

Bring it THP'ers - I'm excited to see the entries!!

This is going to be great!
Some good stuff already, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Knowing how I've felt about this event since having the opportunity last year. This is truly a contest that will effect the winner deeper than 100 words describe. Make each word resonate.

To be honest, there's no reason why I should over anyone else. What I can say is I've been an equipment junkie aka "Golf Nerd" as # calls me for probably the last 15 years. Visiting a manufacturer has always been a bucket list item for me. To be able to fulfill and at a Company w/ employees that I have the utmost respect for and fully support would be a dream come true. Most importantly, it would be an honor to represent THP and give my all to bring home a W for the basement dwellers. Appreciate the chance.

Good luck all you eager hopefuls! :blob: May your dream come true!! :bomb:

Here it is, the last shot! Get after it all, and good luck.

What a contest time to think hard about the right 100 words to put together. This opportunity will mean way more than 100 words to me if I can get in to it.

Man, this is going to be a great and tough contest. 100 words sounds like a lot, but I'm sure that will fill up quickly once I get started. Can't wait to read all of the entries as this one will be more about heart than creativity, and I love that.

Back