Optishot Simulator Review

I can't wait to check out JB's review of this. Then, I will need to convince Jrod to buy it lol.

Can you guys imagine the potential with this thing if it's accurate? Not only do you have the ability to work on your swing, measure your clubhead speed, etc... But think about the fun factor!

We could hold THP tournaments! It doesn't even need online capability. Just take a screen cap of your score! We could challenge each other to a round of golf at Augusta!

Can you guys imagine the potential with this thing if it's accurate? Not only do you have the ability to work on your swing, measure your clubhead speed, etc... But think about the fun factor!

We could hold THP tournaments! It doesn't even need online capability. Just take a screen cap of your score! We could challenge each other to a round of golf at Augusta!

Couldnt you do that with a Wii?

Ugg i got a stupid Imac. BOOO. I really want to try this out.

Couldnt you do that with a Wii?

Of course, but if this lets us use our real driver, real irons, etc. and is like playing real golf then I think they are onto something. You can play Tiger Woods on Wii with one hand while sitting on the sofa if you just point the controller to the ground and swing it.

If this thing is truly like playing a real round of golf with your actual clubs then it might be awesome.

Ugg i got a stupid Imac. BOOO. I really want to try this out.

Me too. It's 2011. You'd think they would include Mac capability.

accidentally smacking your kid in the head with this controller will be a lot more dangerous that doing it with the Wii

This product is creating a lot of buzz. Looking forward to the full review myself.

This product is creating a lot of buzz. Looking forward to the full review myself.

me 2, just wish I had a place to utilize it. Of course when we buy our house I may just need to have an area to set this up in.

accidentally smacking your kid in the head with this controller will be a lot more dangerous that doing it with the Wii

Fortunately, my kid is "smart" enough to stand back when the old man is swinging a stick. Unfortunately, my ceiling is brainless. I've already ripped the skin on my Wii remote playing tennis with the wife when I hit the ceiling!

Alright, that's it... I want this thread locked until there's a $#@-%$#@ review posted by JB! I'm sick of getting teased every time this one comes to the top of 'New Posts' :D :D :D

Certainly a number of THP'ers have this on their short list.

Alright, that's it... I want this thread locked until there's a $#@-%$#@ review posted by JB! I'm sick of getting teased every time this one comes to the top of 'New Posts' :D :D :D

That response perfectly matches your avatar, it looks like you're saying it as you break the clubs...:act-up:

Certainly a number of THP'ers have this on their short list.

If it gets the THP seal of approval, it will go to the top of my long term short list.

Is the review coming soon?

Is the review coming soon?

As we mentioned just a few days ago, the review is just about done. Need one more practice session due to some errors the last time and it will be up next week.

If you guys didn't live in beautiful sunny Central FL I'd be thinking that JB & Golfer Gal were just having too much fun with this thing and didn't want to send it back yet!

Jealous living here in snowy OH! Keep up the great work guys...

If you guys didn't live in beautiful sunny Central FL I'd be thinking that JB & Golfer Gal were just having too much fun with this thing and didn't want to send it back yet!

Jealous living here in snowy OH! Keep up the great work guys...

Or....That we were having a ton of problems getting it to work right....HA!

Its definitely one of two.

I'm anxious to see the review. I have one with the older software, driving range and Tiger Woods game, and used it quite a bit a few years ago but not much since. We have a room with 10 foot ceilings where I can swing but I only use irons and don't actually hit balls. It seems to work fairly well but ambient light is definitely a factor. The swing path, face angle, and club head speed seem reasonable but there is no account for trajectory and fat or thin contact.

Problems getting it to work correctly does not sound promising.

This is why I love this place. We get "real world" reviews. Hope you get it corrected, but something like this is what any of us might encounter as well should we purchase.

Or....That we were having a ton of problems getting it to work right....HA!

Its definitely one of two.

Guys I am not saying we are having problems. Really I am not. There were some things that make it "different" than plug and play, but we have one more round of testing it out and then review will be up.

Gotcha.

Back