Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

One thing I forgot to mention. On the 9th, on my 2nd shot I hit the 4I and the wind caught it and pushed it left, ended up behind a pine tree on a hill above the green about 75 yds. from the pin. I really closed down the face of the 9I hard and hit a punch shot out from under the tree that landed on the front of the green. So yeah, it you close the face some you can hit low shots with these.

Im going to hit the Di11's this weekend . I looking for new clubs might as well check them out to , liked CL's review

Im going to hit the Di11's this weekend . I looking for new clubs might as well check them out to , liked CL's review

Glad you are going to give them a shot, I think you will come away very impressed.

contacted wilson the other day about the di11's and got the bounce and offset for each club (steel shaft only)...dont know if anyone is interested in that sort of thing but here it is none the less, starting with the 4 iron.

bounce Offset
0.5 0.20
1.0 0.19
1.0 0.17
1.5 0.15
1.5 0.12
2.0 0.09
2.0 0.05 pw
3.0 0.04 gw

Ended up not using them today because a playing partner was DYING to hit them. He normally plays G15 irons and has been a Ping "guy" for the last 20 years. He ended up leaving the course and going to Edwin Watts on his way home and trading in his irons.

That says EVERYTHING in the world. He shot 76 and it was the best ball striking I have ever seen him make. High and straight on everything and it was a thing of beauty. He is a 14 handicap and does not break 80 very often.

Ended up not using them today because a playing partner was DYING to hit them. He normally plays G15 irons and has been a Ping "guy" for the last 20 years. He ended up leaving the course and going to Edwin Watts on his way home and trading in his irons.

That says EVERYTHING in the world. He shot 76 and it was the best ball striking I have ever seen him make. High and straight on everything and it was a thing of beauty. He is a 14 handicap and does not break 80 very often.

wow, that's pretty impressive!

Wowww. I'm definitely checking these out in the next week. I want to switch to CBs really bad.

EDIT: By CBs I meant cavity backs.

Last edited:

Yeah lower scores pretty much says it all. I mean I love my Pings and have not put them up for sale just yet, but I am definitely shooting lower scores with the Di11's. Hmm maybe I should take some pics of the Pings and throw them up for sale just to get it over with.

Thats very impressive. Sure does say a lot about these irons and really validates what the testers have been reporting so far.

Yeah lower scores pretty much says it all. I mean I love my Pings and have not put them up for sale just yet, but I am definitely shooting lower scores with the Di11's. Hmm maybe I should take some pics of the Pings and throw them up for sale just to get it over with.

It shocked me when he sent me the picture message. He is a die hard ping guy.

Wow JB, that says a lot for these clubs if he ran to the store immedietally. What shafts are in the Di11s you have?

Well at least he ran to the right store lol. I think thats the only place that sells them right now.

Wow JB, that says a lot for these clubs if he ran to the store immedietally. What shafts are in the Di11s you have?

I have the uniflex steel shafts and that is what he got. He just sent me a message that said "Ping Eye2, Ping Zing, Ping Zing2, Ping G2, Ping G5, Ping G15 and now Di11"

Loving this thread guys, can't wait to be able to give these irons a try myself.

I have the uniflex steel shafts and that is what he got. He just sent me a message that said "Ping Eye2, Ping Zing, Ping Zing2, Ping G2, Ping G5, Ping G15 and now Di11"

Ah, it seems like the uniflex steels the popular choice. I guess that goes to show how brand loyalty can get broken when clubs give better results.

Perfect ad for W/S!!

That's great to hear.

Here is another testimonial. One of the testers in here, just listed his other set of irons for sale.

Lol... Not a good day for Pings

After tonights range session I won't even be crying when shipping. The 11's just do everything the Pings do and maybe even better. Went to the range with the sole purpose of hitting fades. Warmed up with some wedges and was not hitting them well. Of course the doubt crept in and I was thinking I had put the FS thread up too early. Moved onto my mid irons and started striping the ball. There is a flag that is a perfect 7 iron and I was hitting some decent shots at it. Pulled the 6 iron and started thinking fade. First few shots were not successful. Started getting a picture of Bubba in my head and how open he leaves his feet. So I really opened up my feet and put the pull way up in my stance and BOOM perfect fade right onto the green. Proceeded to hit fade after fade right at this green. Not every shot was perfect but I felt like I got real good contact on each shot. Sometimes my alignment was off and I would miss the green. Started mixing it up and hitting draw and fade shots and did pretty well. Really enjoyed this range session.

Awesome stuff CL. That is impressive!

WOW. Great stuff in this thread. I'm just amazed by the reception these irons have gotten. I loved them and I'm so glad to see that others are finding out what I found out in September.

:) Good lord, I'm wondering if I even want to wait. I know I can get caught up in hype but this is all about performance and nothing about hype. Loving the feedback fellas.

After tonights range session I won't even be crying when shipping. The 11's just do everything the Pings do and maybe even better. Went to the range with the sole purpose of hitting fades. Warmed up with some wedges and was not hitting them well. Of course the doubt crept in and I was thinking I had put the FS thread up too early. Moved onto my mid irons and started striping the ball. There is a flag that is a perfect 7 iron and I was hitting some decent shots at it. Pulled the 6 iron and started thinking fade. First few shots were not successful. Started getting a picture of Bubba in my head and how open he leaves his feet. So I really opened up my feet and put the pull way up in my stance and BOOM perfect fade right onto the green. Proceeded to hit fade after fade right at this green. Not every shot was perfect but I felt like I got real good contact on each shot. Sometimes my alignment was off and I would miss the green. Started mixing it up and hitting draw and fade shots and did pretty well. Really enjoyed this range session.

Great stuff CL, I went to the range today to work on the exact opposite, drawing the ball. I closed my stance a little bit and concentrated on getting through the ball inside out and I was hitting beautiful 5 yard draws. The long irons again today were the star of the show, I said it yesterday but I have never hit 4 and 5 irons like I do with these. Just a beautiful high ball flight and long. I didn't try and draw my long irons because I never would on the course anyway, I like my 5 yard fade and thats what I'm seeing with all the long irons, just a nice 5 yard fade even when shooting at the 190 flag.
I'm playing my third round with these guys tomorrow and if it goes as planned and as the previous rounds have said it will, I friend of mine will be the proud new owner of some TaylorMade golf clubs.

Any lefty on here that want a nice set of irons msg. me I have a set of Pings I will send you

Back