Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

Right now if it was a choice between these irons and my wife, she'd be looking for a new place to sleep.

Uh, love you honey

lmao too funny :D.. Ron -- This question may have been asked but how to the soles of these clubs look? Fat, mid, are kind of thin?

lmao too funny :D.. Ron -- This question may have been asked but how to the soles of these clubs look? Fat, mid, are kind of thin?

I'll post some pictures of the soles when I get home Gray, but I would say thinner than expected.

Right now if it was a choice between these irons and my wife, she'd be looking for a new place to sleep.

Uh, love you honey

glad you are loving these sticks Ron!

I'll post some pictures of the soles when I get home Gray, but I would say thinner than expected.

Thanks Ron. I am finding that irons with a thinner sole have less bounce thus better turf interaction. Our golf course is built on hard red Ga. clay and the big fat sole clubs bounce like a school bus on a dirt road.

Thanks Ron. I am finding that irons with a thinner sole have less bounce thus better turf interaction. Our golf course is built on hard red Ga. clay and the big fat sole clubs bounce like a school bus on a dirt road.

We have a lot of Colichi(SP) clay here so I know what you mean, not much bounce at all out of these

I'll take some pics of the soles when I get home. Going off of memory I would say these are kind of an in between sole. Pings have giant soles. Blades have small soles. These are right in between that.

I'll take some pics of the soles when I get home. Going off of memory I would say these are kind of an in between sole. Pings have giant soles. Blades have small soles. These are right in between that.

These sound like they might be close in size, to my old Callaway X14 Pro Series irons.

These sound like they might be close in size, to my old Callaway X14 Pro Series irons.

I had the X-14 non pro's and these are thinner then those OG

I had the X-14 non pro's and these are thinner then those OG

The x14 pro series are fairly thin on the bottom but I bet the Wilson Di11 irons also have a thinner top line.

The x14 pro series are fairly thin on the bottom but I bet the Wilson Di11 irons also have a thinner top line.

Top line is almost anorexic it's so thin, if you can't see it well from the pics already posted let me know and I'll try and take some better ones

Top line is almost anorexic it's so thin, if you can't see it well from the pics already posted let me know and I'll try and take some better ones
My bad as CL has some great pics on page 3. They show me exactly what I am asking about. Thanks guys, no more pics required.

Hi,great write ups. Golf town has unifiex shafts for $499 and half and half for $649. I have a slower swing speed, which shaft would be best. 150 miles drive to test these so would appreciate any advice.

Hi,great write ups. Golf town has unifiex shafts for $499 and half and half for $649. I have a slower swing speed, which shaft would be best. 150 miles drive to test these so would appreciate any advice.

My swing speed is on the slower end and I got the uniflex Half and half and they are working out perfectly for my swing

Very informative thread! I might have to give these a test drive the next time I'm at the golf store. (Which should be this weekend.)

Ron you get a Gold Star! I'm super impressed and I hope JB lets you test again in the future.

I'm used to playing steel shafts (I have my whole life), are your Pings steel or graphite. Just curious to know the difference in feel. I have a mid swing speed and really want to test the half/half, but still want the feedback. Are you getting more or less feedback than say a steel shaft?

The graphite top half really interest me because it seems like slower hips would benefit from it.

Ron, what is your current Swing Speed?

P.S. thanks for being a champ and taking the time to answer not only mine, but everyone elses questions.

OK here are the pics of the sole. The irons are 4,7,PW and the other set is the G15's. I was actually a little surprised at the width of the soles on the Di11's. They are not that much smaller then the Pings

0071280x768.jpg

0061280x768.jpg

0051280x768.jpg

Great pictures CL.

At setup, they do appear smaller than the Pings (looking at them now). I think I may play these tomorrow.

man, look how much longer the face of the club is(Di11)...or is that just my eyes messing with me?

Great pics CL, I just got back to the office and this thread blew up! Love that you are thinking about these Ole Gray, just fantastic. Cdenning, both the half and half and the uniflex steel are lightweight shafts and should in theory give you a little more swing speed, but I would think the half and half would be better for a slower swing.

man, look how much longer the face of the club is(Di11)...or is that just my eyes messing with me?

They are longer in length but shorter in width.

They are longer in length but shorter in width.

thanks buddy, looking at the PW pics you can tell that the face of the Di11 is bigger/longer or however you would describe it

Ron you get a Gold Star! I'm super impressed and I hope JB lets you test again in the future.

I'm used to playing steel shafts (I have my whole life), are your Pings steel or graphite. Just curious to know the difference in feel. I have a mid swing speed and really want to test the half/half, but still want the feedback. Are you getting more or less feedback than say a steel shaft? My Pings are steel shaft. The Half/Half is much more lively and responsive in my opinion. You can feel it coiling on the backswing and releasing on your downswing, you can feel the power gathering and releasing.

The graphite top half really interest me because it seems like slower hips would benefit from it. Well, all of me is slower not just my hips, but yeah the coil of the club at the top does give me a little extra to get my hips turning properly

Ron, what is your current Swing Speed? My swing speed when mesured last fall was 91 MPH, so Bubba got nothing to worry about

P.S. thanks for being a champ and taking the time to answer not only mine, but everyone elses questions.
Not at all, it's my pleasure to answer the questions, please feel free to ask any that occur to you

While I don't own the Di11's, I do own the Di9's. Since I also have a set of Ping Rapture V2's, Wilson Staff Ci7's, and Mizuno MX-23's, I thought I would try to take a few pictures myself of a 7 iron from each set to show some differences. I simply love the Di9's, but I will be giving the Rapture V2's a shot at the start of next season. Here are the comparison pics. In each picture, from the Rapture (which should be pretty obvious...), it goes Ci7, MX23 and Di9.

IMGP7163.jpg
[/IMG]

IMGP7154-1.jpg

IMGP7162.jpg

IMGP7159.jpg

IMGP7156-1.jpg

Some great stuff going on here guys! Well done all. I'm going to have to spend some quality time with these at the Outing in May!

A quick question, has anyone found the short hossel distracting at all?

awesome

Back